Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 08:07:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check myetherwallet token balances?  (Read 362 times)
traged (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:13:35 AM

Hi,

I am afraid I dont get it - I am taking part in several bounties and airdrops - they should transfer tokens to my ETH address (I use Myetherwallet). Where exactly should I see balances for such tokens? Should they be visible in etherscan.io or ethplorer.io? Or do I need to click "Add cutom tokens" to see them??

Thanks
entr

Activity: 602
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:19:17 AM

They will appear on etherscan or ethexplorer but you have to consider that airdrop and bounty distributions take time.
traged (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:33:32 AM

They will appear on etherscan or ethexplorer but you have to consider that airdrop and bounty distributions take time.

Thanks, thats what I though - yeah it seems non of the airdrops/bounties has finished yet = is not distributing coins yet...
gandame

Activity: 924
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:41:12 AM

Hi,

I am afraid I dont get it - I am taking part in several bounties and airdrops - they should transfer tokens to my ETH address (I use Myetherwallet). Where exactly should I see balances for such tokens? Should they be visible in etherscan.io or ethplorer.io? Or do I need to click "Add cutom tokens" to see them??

Thanks
Some erc20 token are not added to mew you need to add it manually go to etherscan.io then click the  view token so that you can see what token you have then go to myetherwallet add it manually to appear the token.
Singwala

Activity: 462
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:52:28 AM

You'll see that in Etherscan.io = https://etherscan.io
Similar to Bitcoins transactions in blockchain etherscan is made so you can also see the ones you received and the transaction history.

With Add Custom Wallet, you need to have your token appear on your wallet and you can send it to others.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:57:05 AM

Thanks, thats what I though - yeah it seems non of the airdrops/bounties has finished yet = is not distributing coins yet...
Check at ethplorer, if you not sure the bounty or token is not distributed yet check their official announcement. Ussualy they tell at what date the token distributed.
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 10:57:19 AM

you can check your myetherwallet by using your private key and logging in your address, however that's definitely not the recommended option. The easiest way is to use etherscan to see your balance. In case you decided to go through mew anyway for the peace of your mind, then just check your balance using your public key instead of logging in and add custom token. Hope it helps.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:01:50 AM

To check balances from the myetherwallet it is quite possible through different ways. Starting from the use of wallet address, private key, wallet file and other ways let user know the token balance. Some tokens need to be added manually so to view the balance.
Cocojam0610
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

FILIPINO TRANSLATOR

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 11:22:17 AM

you can use etherscan or ethplorer. i prefer ethplorer because i can see my tokens as well in a proper list

Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:26:07 AM

I suppose you have enough answers already. I just want to make some addition. Sometimes Etherscan doesn't show some tokens. If you want to check the particular token which you suppose you should have just go through the link: https://etherscan.io/token/<contract address>?a=<your wallet>. You need to change <contract address> with the contract address of the token and <your wallet> with your wallet.

Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:31:36 AM

Hi,

Thanks

through etherscan you can see the tokens you own in your wallet. just put the address on search bar of the etherscan and then hit enter you will see token you own

Noelbetty12

Merit: 5

Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:32:06 AM

Hi,

Thanks

Click on the view wallet info, if you cannot see it because you are using your mobile phone try to see the arrow on the right side pointing towards the right also. This double arrow suggest the additional option to see your wallet contents and add the public address key for viewing to avoid getting hacked. Then scroll below to see the tokens.

【 MARGINLESS.IO 】 (https://www.marginless.io/)
【Now YOU Can Be The Bookmaker!】
404edson

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:41:35 AM

There are two ways on how to check etherwallet token balances in Myetherwallet. First is the Etherscan (https://etherscan.io) and second is Ethplorer (https://ethplorer.io ) . I'd prefer to use the ethplorer because you can see your tokens directly. This way can helps you to find out that you have been received any coins/token from a bounty campaign, airdop, or in trading. If your token have already a value from the market, it will appear below to your token. It is already calculated base from the current value of the token.
globalcitizen

Activity: 476

Decentralized global citizen and crypto-preneur

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:47:10 AM

Your comment already shows that you got an idea of how it works. Etherscan and Ethplorer are where you go to view all your ether and token related transactions. You can view most of your tokens using either of the two without any action from your side. But some of the tokens that appear in the chain may not be visible in your MEW account, hence you may need to add them manually as mentioned in some earlier comments above.

My 1M Dollar Advice for you:

Your MEW is your bank, guide it jealously. Stay secure and you will enjoy the cryptospace.
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:50:49 AM

They should be appearing in etherscan, maybe the bounty you participate in have not ICO yet so the coins is not distributed. Mostly the coins will only be distributed after ICO.

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
mr.niwangz

Activity: 122

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:55:27 AM

To check your wallet go to myetherwallet then your private key and then there are two sites that you can check your balances, etherscan.io or ethplorer.io this way you can check your tokens or received your coins.

iLatios

Activity: 327
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:56:57 AM

I use erherscan.io and ethplorer.io.
Sometimes they show different token price. But you can check transfers here.

█        ★★★★★ TrustedCars Flex ★★★★★      
     │ ★★★★★ Changing Car Ownership Forever ★★★★★ │     
█  Website Token Sale up to 25% Bonus ANN Thread Telegram │ 
traged (OP)

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 11:59:03 AM

Yes I know already, I checked few ETH addresses of other people that I saw in different bounties and I can see the have tokens visible there...
biskitop

Activity: 686

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:01:21 PM

I usually check the token balance in myetherwallet in ethplorer.io. if it does not exist, may not have been shared by his bounty project. usually the distribution of tokens takes a little time, even up to 1 month. I've experienced it, and much longer when you wait for the token in the exchanger list. so just be patient.
HongKong

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 12:01:33 PM

I use Etherscan to see what coins I have in the wallet, they also show many other tokens that are in the wallet that most blockexplorers can't view.

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███