Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:33:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost all Altcoins gained *against BTC* today!!!  (Read 420 times)
JuniAiko (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 01:42:33 PM
Merited by nutildah (1)

Almost all Altcoins gained *against BTC* today --- especially QTUM (one of Singapore based crypto project), LISK, and BCH (which I had sold off 50% and exchanged for Omisego (OMG).
Perhaps, the start of investors diversification of their coins, after the initial buy-in via "BTC" from Fiat, before/during the early recovery?

And perhaps it is indeed a good choice to go for (selected - base on careful/thorough research) altcoins when buying-in during a crash? -- I.e. lower MCAP coins saw greater %loss would likely see similarly high %gains when the market rebounds? — provided that the project behind it is sound, that is. Finger crossed that this trend will continue.

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
tylerik1

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:44:14 PM

I dont see so much gains like you. The most coins are just doing well with bitcoin together in my eyes.. I think Bitcoin and the altcoins will see a nice hand in hand pump soon! We just have to wait a little bit more for the bigger gains!

coinamu

Activity: 476
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:48:50 PM

Wheel keep rolling my friend, sometimes its on top sometimes its go to down.

I dont see so much gains like you. The most coins are just doing well with bitcoin together in my eyes.. I think Bitcoin and the altcoins will see a nice hand in hand pump soon! We just have to wait a little bit more for the bigger gains!
Sure it will, and dont focus in one coin only, make your portofolio bigger, and have more coin in your wallet. Just make sure its not to much so you dont confused by it.

Dice    |    Caraycruz    |    Roulette    |    Multicolor   |   Bounties    |    Lottery    |    Exchange    |    Affiliates
████████████████████ [   B I T S L E R   C A S I N O   ] ████████████████████
★           $20,000 Weekly Wagering Contest           ★          $5,000 Weekly BTSLR Coin Contest           ★
mammothine

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:50:35 PM

The flippening? Not till exchanges trade against something else, i.e., the utter tragedy of Tether.
Nalbo

Activity: 870
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:52:11 PM

Yes indeed. Bitcoin was the mother of all cryptos but its time for the new generation kids.
New generation coins specializes and are advance, has quicker improvement and will soon outrun bitcoin in dominance.
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 01:53:05 PM

I really wonder why Altcoins are being traded only with Bitcoin, Ethereum, NEO or with other Cryptocurrency but rather than Altcoin:USDT ratio I supposed to so only if the trading would be Altcoin to USD ratio then Bitcoin, Ethereum and other Top Altcoins will never be affect other coins and with that Bitcoin and Ethereum couldn't drag down the market whenever Top Altcoins are being affected by the crisis.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
cryptolerant

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:09:04 PM

Almost all Altcoins gained *against BTC* today --- especially QTUM (one of Singapore based crypto project), LISK, and BCH (which I had sold off 50% and exchanged for Omisego (OMG).
Perhaps, the start of investors diversification of their coins, after the initial buy-in via "BTC" from Fiat, before/during the early recovery?

And perhaps it is indeed a good choice to go for (selected - base on careful/thorough research) altcoins when buying-in during a crash? -- I.e. lower MCAP coins saw greater %loss would likely see similarly high %gains when the market rebounds? — provided that the project behind it is sound, that is. Finger crossed that this trend will continue.

It probably depends on your portfolio. I cannot tell the same for my portfolio. %90 of the coins that I own is red. Not so much down but still it is minus. I need to review my coins and replace some of them.
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:20:05 PM

Update: And now also XRP got pumped.

I own ETH, XRP, BCH, ADA, LTC, NEO, XLM, EOS, XMR, LSK, TRX, QTUM, VEN, OMG, ARK, and DGB + just bought the only ICO I have every bought, XDCE.

For altcoins, I only go for those that have MCAP that is above 20Mil USD + careful study of their history (before the crash) and research on what the teams behind it is doing, etc.

JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:26:17 PM

Note: I'm referring to %gain here + the delay between ppl buying back BTC after the crash have stabilized and during the recovery. I speculated that there will be a time delay before those people start to do more research and diversify a portion of their BTC into Altcoins, etc. hence I decided to get into my selected AltCoins early and wait for the %gain if I turn out right.

More impressive pumps to come?

BTCLovingDude
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010

BTC to the moon is inevitable...

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:28:35 PM

no, you are just caught up inside an illusion because you just saw a green percentage in front of the altcoins when you looked at a webpage.

but if you get a closer look and pay more attention to the details you will realize that the "gain" was pathetic compared to the loss. and it is only because they lost so much that they are not recovering a tiny part of it back. it is not magic nor diversification. it is the same newbies falling into same traps.

if these newbies get lucky and bitcoin stays stable around $8000 then their bags will continue growing more in value. but if their luck runs out and bitcoin starts rising or worse starts falling they have to say goodbye to their investments.

--looking for signature--
felipe04

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 02:33:23 PM

No need to think if some altcoins can be similar to btc value because all coins here are good and we can earn in all of coins here,if you think eth is good now by btc that's might happen but still value of bitcoin is already in crypto so even you use ethereum in transaction or you use it and not bitcoin that's not good for you because ethereum and bitcoin are good to use here in crypto so don't pick one and don't compare different coins.
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 02:42:46 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 02:55:03 PM by JuniAiko

You missed the point. Yes those coins may still have a long way to go before recovering to their original level vs Fiat, compared to BTC, however, I've converted to altcoin while the AltCoins still have not recovered yet after having bought into BTC earlier at 6.1kUSD. And only now then those AltCoins seems to start gaining.

Most of the altcoins gains against BTC were little, however I have a few that gained as much as 20% vs BTC atm from when I've traded in. The value of those coins before the crash isn't relevant in this case, and I don't need those coins to grow till the same MCAP as BTC to make gain in a profit (in terms of the amount of BTC that I would have if I convert all of them back into BTC now).

But I certainly have gained some extra BTC (equivalent) which I wouldn't have if I kept them all as BTC.

JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:05:44 PM

Also, note that I was NOT claiming a case of Filppening at all, which I do not believe is realistic too.
Please see above. Wink

Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:13:21 PM

What are you talking about here about the benefits you get. Outperforming (against btc) is not, BTC still has a price farther than altcoin. Apart from a significant price comparison some altcoins have either escaped or are not censored with btc fluctuations as you say.

Aminmon

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:17:18 PM

However, bitcoin is the leader of cryptocurrency market. I find that more and more people are not optimistic about BTC, and they choose altcoin, which worries me very much.
Because when bitcoin plummets, it's a bear market.

happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:20:48 PM

If you buy on the deep obviously you will gain but those who buy on high and mid are still not recovering their paper loss. But i know it will pump againand all you need is a little patient to reap your reward.
JuniAiko (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2018, 03:40:04 PM

If you buy on the deep obviously you will gain but those who buy on high and mid are still not recovering their paper loss. But i know it will pump againand all you need is a little patient to reap your reward.

Yes, but here I am simply comparing of the potential gains when buying at the dip and keeping the injection as BTC, vs. diversifying a portion (if not all) of the injected BTC (after BTC have recovered a little) then into selected promising AltCoins that have not recovered.

elloco4ever

Activity: 623
Merit: 262

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 03:55:14 PM

Yes now we can see the gradual increase in the price of crypto coins in last few days after the unexpected market slump and we just need to hold on to the coins.

Am I spamming? Report me!
nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:44:08 PM

This trend is indeed a good start after the bloodbath,but for now lets hope that his green days will last for long.Because the total marketcap has increase 4x in just few hours after the market crashed it is a good indicator for most of the investors to comeback and put their money back to bitcoin's market causing most of the alts to follow,recovery process is still ongoing,lets hope that there will no negative fake news or FUDs that will spread.

Jsu

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 05:53:32 PM

If you look at the general trends for the last 4 months: https://coinmarketcap.com/charts/ the BTC dominance has been on a steady decline, while the other (alt coins) have been increasing their market share over time.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: