Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 12:06:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC: Large upward move is emminent  (Read 357 times)
jmlona

Activity: 279
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:38:15 PM

There are great signs that BTC will experience a large boost very shortly.

If you have been watching the recent financial markets you are certainly aware of the large downtrend in the Dow Jones. Just a comparison: one percentage point drop in the dow jones corresponds to a loss of about 70bn in market capitalization. And over the last few days, the Dow is down by 10%.

And in the meantime, BTC has been ... going up.

Until now, serious investors were happy riding the upward trend in the normal financial markets. With the recent downturn, investors will be looking for alternative assets to invest in. BTC in particular and crypto-markets in particular will be noticed as uncorrelated to the normal financial markets and thus as an interesting asset class for diversification purposes.

Particularly if the Dow contains dropping while BTC remaining flat or increasing, more and more traditional investors will move their money into the crypto markets. When this happens the new money will significantly push up the price of BTC.

Great times ahead!

I'm sure some money will flow out of the stock markets and in to the crypto market but I doubt it will be all that much. Lots of money is flowing out of the Dow and other similar indexes or stocks in general and in to safer assets such as government bonds, this is because it's expected that the FED will increase interest rates more than was initially anticipated in the next year.

Two years ago, I would have agreed with you. Crypto's in general and BTC in particular became however massivly more popular (or at least more widely known) over the last 24 months. Thus, many more investors have at least some awareness of the crypto market. Now, that the Dow is going down investors are more incentivized to look at alternatives. I am not saying the usual stock - bond movements will be replaced by a stock - crypto movement (would be great, but I'm not that naive). But cryptos offer now a real choice.

I just don't see that it will be a significant portion. I don't feel also like the money will flow following a big crash, the logic doesn't add up. Most money in stocks is from experienced traders and they'll know the age-old advice to buy low and sell high. Of course the Dow could fall further but to me it doesn't seem like the best of times to sell and get out. I think if money is going to flow in to crypto from stocks it will be irrespective of any such crash.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs
Join Our ICO Now!  ≡  Whitepaper | One Pager
Twitter   Facebook    Youtube    Medium    Telegram    ANN Thread

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pvk444 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:49:46 PM

This will likely turn out to be just an instance of wishful thinking. If markets continue to crash, crypto will get affected too and in the negative way obviously. The recent Bitcoin crash from $9,000 to $6,000 may have been caused by the same forces which put other markets under fire so it will suffer as well. People will run for dollars as well as bonds and likely for gold too. Bitcoin is just too speculative to be used as a safe haven in this case.

Well, yes. There is of course a modicum of wishful thinking in it. However, I did not notice a positive correlation between stock market and crypto markets. If there is a correlation at all, it might even be negative, thus supporting the diversification argument (there are not enough severe downturns in the stock market yet to show the relationship with high statistical significance)

The correlation you are talking about would be hard to find, even if there was one. Bitcoin and crypto in general are pretty volatile on their own. A couple of whales can easily send Bitcoin spiraling down despite stock markets surging and vice versa. Also, I can see reasons why there in fact may be positive correlation between stock market and crypto markets, at least in respect to rising somewhat in parallel, but I don't see why there should be negative correlation, supporting the so-called diversification argument. Bitcoin is risky as hell, and other crypros are even riskier than that.

Statistical correlation just requires the time series. Correlation does not mean causation, of course.

If people move out of the stock market into bond markets, then that means that when stocks go down and bonds go up, leading to negative correlation. If one makes the assumption that a similar (although very much smaller) effect takes place between stocks and crytos that would explain a negative correlation.

And btw, the diversification argument just requires a low maybe 0 correlation, not a negative one.
pvk444 (OP)

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:02:24 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 05:18:39 PM by pvk444

I object, investors of stock market are of different mentality and psyche, they still don't trust cryptos for big investment because of high uncertainty and high volatility.
So you can't relate uptrend and downtrend of Dow with the crypto market, may be there are few number of investors who are shifting towards the digital currencies but still the ratio is too low.

Trust is of course the challenge here. The fact that these markets are unrelated are actually good. In an expected down-market investors are reshuffling their asset allocations in their portfolio to increase their diversification. Particularly in a down turn economy and low interest scenario, investors are looking at alternative assets, including for instance art.

My original point was meant to say that a short time ago, investors didn't even know of cryptos as a potential alternative asset class. Since even mainstream media started to talk about cryptos, investors take notice.

Yes, the volatility and the related trust issue is a problem at present. So I am not expecting masses of traditional investors flocking to crypto. But I still believe, that even if just a very small percent start using cryptos for diversifying their portfolios, it could mean a huge increase for BTC.

Now, the market down turn might not be significant enough or prolonged enough, and the economic environment is not that bad either, to notice anything. But who know?
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:12:08 PM

If you have been watching the recent financial markets you are certainly aware of the large downtrend in the Dow Jones. Just a comparison: one percentage point drop in the dow jones corresponds to a loss of about 70bn in market capitalization. And over the last few days, the Dow is down by 10%.

Until now, serious investors were happy riding the upward trend in the normal financial markets. With the recent downturn, investors will be looking for alternative assets to invest in. BTC in particular and crypto-markets in particular will be noticed as uncorrelated to the normal financial markets and thus as an interesting asset class for diversification purposes.

Particularly if the Dow contains dropping while BTC remaining flat or increasing, more and more traditional investors will move their money into the crypto markets. When this happens the new money will significantly push up the price of BTC.

Great times ahead!
So the current stock market plummeting is very good for Bitcoin because some of  the investors there are going dump them and exchange them for Bitcoins and when that happens our market is going to go even higher once more.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Bolt Brownie

Activity: 700
Merit: 350

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:49:13 PM

That could be true but I don't think it will happen right now. Simply because it's still not easy for institutional investors to come into crypto. There is no way they will use exchanges that don't offer them the tools they like, and don't seem reliable, in terms of security and internet connection. We cope with the lag we normally face during peak times, and we never keep to much money in exchanges because we know they can be hacked.

Not saying that your suggestion is wrong, and I actually agree with it. But I think that before regulations gets done, and bitcoin ETFs arrive, we will not be seeing institutional investors putting money into bitcoin.
aardvark15

Activity: 994
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:49:38 PM

I agree that as the stock market drops, investors will be looking for a safer investment like gold and possibly Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies. I think the cryptocurrency crash and the stock market correction at the same time is more of a coincidence because both had reached high values at the same time. I think the cryptocurrency correction will be quicker as people are still learning about Bitcoin and beginning to invest.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:26:11 PM

This will likely turn out to be just an instance of wishful thinking. If markets continue to crash, crypto will get affected too and in the negative way obviously. The recent Bitcoin crash from $9,000 to $6,000 may have been caused by the same forces which put other markets under fire so it will suffer as well. People will run for dollars as well as bonds and likely for gold too. Bitcoin is just too speculative to be used as a safe haven in this case.

Well, yes. There is of course a modicum of wishful thinking in it. However, I did not notice a positive correlation between stock market and crypto markets. If there is a correlation at all, it might even be negative, thus supporting the diversification argument (there are not enough severe downturns in the stock market yet to show the relationship with high statistical significance)

The correlation you are talking about would be hard to find, even if there was one. Bitcoin and crypto in general are pretty volatile on their own. A couple of whales can easily send Bitcoin spiraling down despite stock markets surging and vice versa. Also, I can see reasons why there in fact may be positive correlation between stock market and crypto markets, at least in respect to rising somewhat in parallel, but I don't see why there should be negative correlation, supporting the so-called diversification argument. Bitcoin is risky as hell, and other crypros are even riskier than that.

Statistical correlation just requires the time series. Correlation does not mean causation, of course.

If people move out of the stock market into bond markets, then that means that when stocks go down and bonds go up, leading to negative correlation. If one makes the assumption that a similar (although very much smaller) effect takes place between stocks and crytos that would explain a negative correlation.

And btw, the diversification argument just requires a low maybe 0 correlation, not a negative one.

Zero correlation means there is no correlation, which is unlikely because people who are engaged in cryptoinvestments are more often than not investing in stock, bond, and currency markets too, though the opposite is not necessarily true. That said, it is not just statistical relationship, it should be a causal relationship due to underlying factors involved. If people look into crypto as a safe haven, that would be a causal relationship since one thing, here it is a stock market crash, is responsible for another, in this case running into cryptoassets.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:22:11 PM

But I think that before regulations gets done, and bitcoin ETFs arrive, we will not be seeing institutional investors putting money into bitcoin.
Institutions are already active on GDAX and Gemini (could be on other exchanges as well, but can't say anything about that myself). It mainly depends on where the institutions are located in terms of them being allowed to enter legally.

It then depends on how an exchange has licensed itself in various aspects. If everything is in line according to the law in a specific country or state, which is the case for GDAX and Gemini, then they can enter at free will.

From there the institutions themselves have to look at how an investment such as Bitcoin fits in their relatively low risk profile portfolio. I would assume that they allocate only an extremely small amount to be invested in Bitcoin.

We all know that Bitcoin in general isn't a low risk asset to invest in at all, especially for those who don't care about Bitcoin itself, but just look to benefit from its massive upwards potential.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Lock00Live

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:34:35 PM

I think the value of the current bitcoin is just a wave in the chart so technical analysis. Bitcoin may fall back to $ 5k to give altcoin the opportunity to grow so if you invest, I recommend not investing in bitcoin at this time. You can sell USDT to wait for lower bitcoin to buy back then use the bitcoin bought to buy on the good altcoin. I am using this way to invest in times of volatile market.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:39:54 PM

Great times ahead!
While we will be getting bigger investments in the future I doubt this will be a reason, after all, if that turns out to be true what do you think wall street investors are going to think of the market of cryptocurrencies that recently went down about 60% in value? Only those willing to take the risk will consider bitcoin and other alts in the top, most wall street investors will decide, at least for now, to pass on the opportunity thinking the risks are too great.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
pvk444 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:57:24 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2018, 09:15:49 PM by pvk444

While we will be getting bigger investments in the future I doubt this will be a reason, after all, if that turns out to be true what do you think wall street investors are going to think of the market of cryptocurrencies that recently went down about 60% in value? Only those willing to take the risk will consider bitcoin and other alts in the top, most wall street investors will decide, at least for now, to pass on the opportunity thinking the risks are too great.

Given the amoung of dollars invested in "normal" markets, even if just a small percentage flows into crypto, it would have a large impact.

I agree that for wide spread adoption and move from stock to crypto, the vol in crypto is too high at the moment. But we are still in a nascent market and the volatility will go down over time, the more cryptos are integrated in the real economy.

For speculators, BT can however provide some real alternatives to diversify their portfolio.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. It will be appreciated)
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 05:21:44 PM

An average traditional investor, knows about bitcoin and I was even surprised the gathering where I hear bitcoin mentioned at work even a pastor talking about financial breakthrough mentioning bitcoin which shows how deep the penetration has gone but the issue at hand that would necessitates the push in which Op is mentioning is the trust and insurance which is practically absent in the crypto world and more reason why we won't see corresponding push when there is a downturn in the traditional market which investors operates. However, that didn't rule out the possibility of the increase but might take a longer time much more money to effect it to get to where we all wanted again.
Hell-raiser

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:01:02 PM

Great times ahead!

I for one don't think they will be particularly surprised because there is nothing extraordinary in such volatility. When people are told about stock markets, they imagine big fish like Apple, Microsoft, IBM, Google, etc, whose stock is not very volatile overall. But the market is teeming with so-called garbage or trash stocks which are no less risky than crypto and no less volatile either. And we haven't yet looked into the derivatives markets and volatility indexes.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:51:20 PM

Great times ahead!

Yep, that is great really. Much more stupid money coming into  the market. I am just wondering where to put my money just to grab as much of it as possible. An I am not racist at all, so Korean money is as much welcome as american´s.

anonbit992

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

A Trader & An Investor

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:56:01 PM

Yeah, I am expecting some big players to enter into bitcoin and into other cryptocurrencies. There are a lot of people who were waiting for bitcoin to correct a bit and I think they will jump in soon.

██
                           ██████
                         █████████
                      █████████████
                    █████████████████
                      █████████████████
                       █████████████████
              ███        █████████████████
            ██████        █████████████████
          ██████████        █████████████████
       ██████████████        █████████████████
      █████████████████        █████████████████
       █████████████████        ████████████████
        █████████████████        █████████████
          █████████████████        █████████
           █████████████████        ██████
             █████████████████        ██
              █████████████████       
                █████████████████       
                 █████████████████       
                   █████████████████       
                    █████████████████       
                      █████████████████       
                       █████████████████       
                         █████████████████       
               ███        █████████████████
             ██████         █████████████████
           ██████████        █████████████████
         █████████████         █████████████████
          █████████████████        ███████████████
            █████████████████        ███████████
             █████████████████        ███████
               █████████████████        ███
                █████████████████
                  ████████████████
                   █████████████████
                     █████████████
                      ██████████
                        ██████
                         ██

●●  VISUAL STRATEGY BUILDER  ●● BOUNTY | ANN | WHITEPAPER 
●●  FOR CRYPTOTRADING  ●●●●●●●● TELEGRAM | FACEBOOK | TWITTER 
         ALGORITHMIC TRADING | STRATEGY OPTIMIZATION | COPY TRADING
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:25:44 PM

Nice to hear this and hope we see this some days to come. We should buy now in other to be part of this the next push. I am happy I am still holding and hope to make profits in days to come. Many articles are out there which said bitcoin is death and many said bitcoin is not going to push up again when it fall below  $7,000 last week. I read a story today from my local newspaper that "bitcoin has droped 60% of it value and it might not rise again " but I say in my mind that this is a lie and bitcoin is now prepared to make it best bullish trends pattern ever.
Hell-raiser

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:48:28 PM

Given the amoung of dollars invested in "normal" markets, even if just a small percentage flows into crypto, it would have a large impact.

I agree that for wide spread adoption and move from stock to crypto, the vol in crypto is too high at the moment. But we are still in a nascent market and the volatility will go down over time, the more cryptos are integrated in the real economy.

For speculators, BT can however provide some real alternatives to diversify their portfolio.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. I will be appreciated)

I've heard people say this thing over and over again for literally years already. So far this didn't happen, or at least it doesn't look like it did. Big speculators and investors like George Soros and Warren Buffett have already expressed their disdain toward cryptocurrencies. So why would other big guns want to invest in Bitcoin? If they enter Bitcoin now, the price will surge and a lot of today's bag holders will be happy to dump their coins onto them.
pvk444 (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:13:59 PM

I've heard people say this thing over and over again for literally years already. So far this didn't happen, or at least it doesn't look like it did. Big speculators and investors like George Soros and Warren Buffett have already expressed their disdain toward cryptocurrencies. So why would other big guns want to invest in Bitcoin? If they enter Bitcoin now, the price will surge and a lot of today's bag holders will be happy to dump their coins onto them.

How can this argument have been made since years already, when only over the last few months traditional news outlets started to mention and report on bitcoin? The awareness of bitcoin has only recently reached a wider audience. Soros and Buffet were nowhere to be seen in 2015 and I doubt they were seen much in 2016 either, as far as bitcoin is concerned.  Huh
btc_angela

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:55:19 PM

How can this argument have been made since years already, when only over the last few months traditional news outlets started to mention and report on bitcoin? The awareness of bitcoin has only recently reached a wider audience. Soros and Buffet were nowhere to be seen in 2015 and I doubt they were seen much in 2016 either, as far as bitcoin is concerned.  Huh

As far as can I remember social media was into bitcoin and praising it around March 2017. Specially during the first SEC ETF application by the Winklevoss twins.

But for traditional investors? Never heard of them. What funny is when bitcoin was having its heyday, you will see a lot of investors revealing their face and said that they have been into crypto for many years. LOL.

As for Buffet I think they just surface as well during the $19K peak. They are nowhere to be found prior to that. But I'm sure that if Dow continues to suffer, we might see some of  them really moving out of the traditional stocks and moving their funds to bitcoin or any other altcoins.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 10:23:50 AM

It's true that we seem to have found the uptrend!
That’s true, I feel lucky to have bought some when it was down to $6K, just waiting for my profit now as price runs up . I nearly lost hope and my friend was telling me not to buy at $6K cause it might even drop low as $2K, but I refused to listen to him. I hope I did the right thing and it’s not going to fall again. I just hope that it continues to go very high for now till it reaches another high digits.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: