Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:17:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC: Large upward move is emminent  (Read 356 times)
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:00:01 PM

While we will be getting bigger investments in the future I doubt this will be a reason, after all, if that turns out to be true what do you think wall street investors are going to think of the market of cryptocurrencies that recently went down about 60% in value? Only those willing to take the risk will consider bitcoin and other alts in the top, most wall street investors will decide, at least for now, to pass on the opportunity thinking the risks are too great.

Given the amoung of dollars invested in "normal" markets, even if just a small percentage flows into crypto, it would have a large impact.

I agree that for wide spread adoption and move from stock to crypto, the vol in crypto is too high at the moment. But we are still in a nascent market and the volatility will go down over time, the more cryptos are integrated in the real economy.

For speculators, BT can however provide some real alternatives to diversify their portfolio.

(If you like my post, just click +Merit on the right. I will be appreciated)

I've heard people say this thing over and over again for literally years already. So far this didn't happen, or at least it doesn't look like it did. Big speculators and investors like George Soros and Warren Buffett have already expressed their disdain toward cryptocurrencies. So why would other big guns want to invest in Bitcoin? If they enter Bitcoin now, the price will surge and a lot of today's bag holders will be happy to dump their coins onto them.

How can this argument have been made since years already, when only over the last few months traditional news outlets started to mention and report on bitcoin? The awareness of bitcoin has only recently reached a wider audience. Soros and Buffet were nowhere to be seen in 2015 and I doubt they were seen much in 2016 either, as far as bitcoin is concerned.  Huh

To tell the truth, I'm even surprised that you didn't check what you posted before posting it. Well, for a rare case when my memory doesn't serve me right, I checked my words myself. Buffett (his name is Buffett, not Buffet) talked about Bitcoin as back as in 2014, when he said to stay away from Bitcoin because "it is a mirage" and "the idea that it has some huge intrinsic value is just a joke". Or do you really think that Buffett didn't hear about Bitcoin years ago and someone didn't ask him about it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pvk444 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:36:57 PM

While we will be getting bigger investments in the future I doubt this will be a reason, after all, if that turns out to be true what do you think wall street investors are going to think of the market of cryptocurrencies that recently went down about 60% in value? Only those willing to take the risk will consider bitcoin and other alts in the top, most wall street investors will decide, at least for now, to pass on the opportunity thinking the risks are too great.

Given the amoung of dollars invested in "normal" markets, even if just a small percentage flows into crypto, it would have a large impact.

I agree that for wide spread adoption and move from stock to crypto, the vol in crypto is too high at the moment. But we are still in a nascent market and the volatility will go down over time, the more cryptos are integrated in the real economy.

For speculators, BT can however provide some real alternatives to diversify their portfolio.

I've heard people say this thing over and over again for literally years already. So far this didn't happen, or at least it doesn't look like it did. Big speculators and investors like George Soros and Warren Buffett have already expressed their disdain toward cryptocurrencies. So why would other big guns want to invest in Bitcoin? If they enter Bitcoin now, the price will surge and a lot of today's bag holders will be happy to dump their coins onto them.

How can this argument have been made since years already, when only over the last few months traditional news outlets started to mention and report on bitcoin? The awareness of bitcoin has only recently reached a wider audience. Soros and Buffet were nowhere to be seen in 2015 and I doubt they were seen much in 2016 either, as far as bitcoin is concerned.  Huh

To tell the truth, I'm even surprised that you didn't check what you posted before posting it. Well, for a rare case when my memory doesn't serve me right, I checked my words myself. Buffett (his name is Buffett, not Buffet) talked about Bitcoin as back as in 2014, when he said to stay away from Bitcoin because "it is a mirage" and "the idea that it has some huge intrinsic value is just a joke". Or do you really think that Buffett didn't hear about Bitcoin years ago and someone didn't ask him about it?

Well done. You spotted a typo.

I'm sure that Buffett, Soros (who's first name is btw Gyoergy .. George is the Americanized version ... just saying), and many others would have used the word Bitoin in one form or another also before 2014. An ad-hoc, off the cuff comment, in a broader context if very different from focused, targeted and repeated discussion of the topic.

However the situation might be for these individuals, your comment that the original statement has been made for years is still not true. The original statement includes mass awareness of Bitcoin as a key rational. Mass awareness of Bitcoin simply was not there until recently.

Anyhow, we need to agree to disagree on this one. I guess we will have to see and wait.
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 07:21:58 PM
Last edit: February 15, 2018, 07:33:46 PM by Hell-raiser

How can this argument have been made since years already, when only over the last few months traditional news outlets started to mention and report on bitcoin? The awareness of bitcoin has only recently reached a wider audience. Soros and Buffet were nowhere to be seen in 2015 and I doubt they were seen much in 2016 either, as far as bitcoin is concerned.  Huh

Well done. You spotted a typo.

I'm sure that Buffett, Soros (who's first name is btw Gyoergy .. George is the Americanized version ... just saying), and many others would have used the word Bitoin in one form or another also before 2014. An ad-hoc, off the cuff comment, in a broader context if very different from focused, targeted and repeated discussion of the topic.

However the situation might be for these individuals, your comment that the original statement has been made for years is still not true. The original statement includes mass awareness of Bitcoin as a key rational. Mass awareness of Bitcoin simply was not there until recently.

Anyhow, we need to agree to disagree on this one. I guess we will have to see and wait.

I think before disagreeing we should get things straight on this issue first. I'm not talking about "mass awareness of Bitcoin" which you seem to have failed to notice. I'm talking about big guns, big fish, whatever. I hope you get the point. WTF, even you are talking about folks switching from stock to crypto, just like the guy before you speaks about the Wall Street investors. And these dudes are definitely not your regular people which you seem to implicitly refer to here by "mass awareness". In short, they had been well aware about Bitcoin long before "until recently".

Oh, and don't forget about your "Soros and Buffet were nowhere to be seen in 2015 and I doubt they were seen much in 2016 either, as far as bitcoin is concerned" if that gives you peace of mind somehow. Just accept being wrong here and get done with that.
andrey111

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 08:16:26 PM

The rate of bitcoin today rushed back to $ 10,000 and broke this mark, the courses of crypto-currencies are growing next. The total capitalization of the bitcoin market has grown to $ 164 billion, adding almost $ 20 billion over the past 24 hours.
yesuidanggan

Activity: 192
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:03:03 AM

Now the digital money market is back! BTC has been on the rise for a week now, and it's over 10,000 dollars!

Many investment institutions, angel investors began to invest in digital encryption money, which will help the development of block chain technology!

When the Chinese New Year passes, many people return to work, the market will continue to rise!

loraalbert

Activity: 184
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:33:39 AM

Bitcoin is moving more aggressively. Recent adjustments have been made. I'm not surprised about this. Because I believe bitcoin will increase in price in the short or long term with unexpected price this year.
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:17:56 AM

Looking at last 10 days growth in coinmarketcap.com, the first 5 days have been bit up normal.  Did not move gradually up and steady.  But the last 5 days have been steady and healthy moving from 30 degree upward slowly.  Yesterday it touched $10000. This push has caused investors gain confidence back on crypto especially on bitcoin.  As the growth is being positive, this moment would be another key reason for more investors to fall in.
Notcalculator

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:32:42 AM

It's hard to speculate the correlation between the Dow Jones and BTC. History suggests that it's more random than related. I guess, that's because BTC isnt seen as an asset as other people. It thrives differently than any other stock. However, im optimistic that BTC will continue to move upwards.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 03:39:19 AM

After a big drop, bitcoin is on the rise.

Some people just use bitcoin for money. Now bitcoin is being used as an investment product by more people.
pvk444 (OP)

Activity: 252
Merit: 47

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:02:38 PM

I think before disagreeing we should get things straight on this issue first. I'm not talking about "mass awareness of Bitcoin" which you seem to have failed to notice. I'm talking about big guns, big fish, whatever. I hope you get the point. WTF, even you are talking about folks switching from stock to crypto, just like the guy before you speaks about the Wall Street investors. And these dudes are definitely not your regular people which you seem to implicitly refer to here by "mass awareness". In short, they had been well aware about Bitcoin long before "until recently".

Oh, and don't forget about your "Soros and Buffet were nowhere to be seen in 2015 and I doubt they were seen much in 2016 either, as far as bitcoin is concerned" if that gives you peace of mind somehow. Just accept being wrong here and get done with that.

Suggest you go back to the initial message that started this thread, which argues based on mass awareness of Bitcoin leading to some investors starting to consider bitcoin as an alternative asset class, particularly if the traditional markets go down ... I should know. I wrote it.

But whatever dude, to protect your sanity and my time, and since I don't really give a damn about discussing this any longer with you: I was wrong. Happy?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: