Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:23:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: [ANN] Beaxy - The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange  (Read 39386 times)
Asgardia Coin

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 06:22:41 PM

Interesting project, where can we see more info about Beaxy token (huge amount printed!?) and where can we see beta of exchange?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jcga
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1089

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:11:59 PM

Interesting project, where can we see more info about Beaxy token (huge amount printed!?) and where can we see beta of exchange?

Smiley Here many infos => https://medium.com/beaxy-exchange

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
Asgardia Coin

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:15:25 PM

[/quote]

Nothing much there Sad
Jcga
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:47:49 PM

Nothing much there Sad

Oh really^^ then Google is your friend.

🚀IRRESISTIBLE "Crypto Collectibles" 👉 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=217.0
Jcga
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 07:51:54 PM

Beaxy Referral Contest Guide
*IMPORTANT CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT, PLEASE READ ENTIRE MESSAGE*

"Hello everyone! We’re excited to announce the ultimate exchange referral contest. This contest has been gamified and boosted with incentives at every turn to create hype and drive competition. The point of this contest is simple: acquire users for Beaxy. The contest will run from October 1st until December 12th. ..."

=> https://medium.com/beaxy-exchange/beaxy-referral-contest-guide-c80a3c7ae93b

Enokkei

Activity: 26

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 10:12:25 PM

Nothing much there Sad
[/quote]

We have a lot of content being generated by the community. Check these out:

https://medium.com/@cblackbeard/interview-with-artak-hamazaspyan-co-founder-and-ceo-of-beaxy-103d745650da

https://medium.com/@khilonecrypto/beaxy-exchange-token-sale-review-1f6b0893e190

Cool Podcast with Beaxy speakers often:
http://bullishpodcast.libsyn.com/

Our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BeaxyExchange

#bullishpodcast

Thanks for all your support guys! We're seeing a lot of interest!  Smiley

Asgardia Coin

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 09:41:53 AM

We have a lot of content being generated by the community. Check these out:

https://medium.com/@cblackbeard/interview-with-artak-hamazaspyan-co-founder-and-ceo-of-beaxy-103d745650da

https://medium.com/@khilonecrypto/beaxy-exchange-token-sale-review-1f6b0893e190

Cool Podcast with Beaxy speakers often:
http://bullishpodcast.libsyn.com/

Our Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BeaxyExchange

#bullishpodcast

Thanks for all your support guys! We're seeing a lot of interest!  Smiley

[/quote]

Thank you for additional links but important infos still missing.
 How much is 1 $BXY ?
 "Only raised $ 3 million USD so far, with a fair soft cap of $ 4.2 million and a fair hard cap of $ 19 million" seriously?
  And minimal investment is $200,000 ?

Plus where is demo or beta of your exchange, as I understood you working more than year on it.
Khilone7

Activity: 952
Merit: 530

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:00:39 AM

https://medium.com/@khilonecrypto/beaxy-exchange-token-sale-review-1f6b0893e190?source=linkShare-620e9fe22188-1538515519

https://medium.com/@cblackbeard/interview-with-artak-hamazaspyan-co-founder-and-ceo-of-beaxy-103d745650da?source=linkShare-5f10c47af1b0-1538524942

https://twitter.com/CryptoBulld0g/status/1047488814296588289?s=19
Khilone7

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:02:58 AM

Thank you for additional links but important infos still missing.
 How much is 1 $BXY ?
 "Only raised $ 3 million USD so far, with a fair soft cap of $ 4.2 million and a fair hard cap of $ 19 million" seriously?
  And minimal investment is $200,000 ?

Plus where is demo or beta of your exchange, as I understood you working more than year on it.

[/quote]

Currently, in the private sale till the softcap is reached, one $BXY is 2 cents.

Minimum investment is 200 ETH.

A video of the beta version will be pushed out in the nearby future.
knuckey

Activity: 1260
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:16:09 AM

This thread was made in February and has been eight months gone, but ico hasn't started yet.
Unfortunately, even though there are many investors waiting to participate in this ico.
I hope the information I read here is true and the ico can begin in December.

Has MVP been released? or can we try the beta version or the demo?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 09:29:38 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2018, 12:55:29 PM by drays

They require KYC now, while they will provide FIAT trading only in Q4 2019 !?? Why!?Huh

Requiring KYC will put off many users, including many real Bitcoin enthusiasts. People do not like to provide their personal data to everyone who requests it, especially when there is no proof of integrity provided by the requesting party. Why would I believe they do not collect my personal data to sell it, like some much bigger notorious companies did. In any case going through the hassle and risk of KYC is the last thing I would want to do, before entering a new unknown exchange.

This is huge disadvantage over Binance. I am not sure they can attract enough audience with such over-compliant approach. This is crypto, a place where people prefer to remain anonymous and free of corporate/government control as much as its possible. Binance would have never gained so much popularity if they made KYC mandatory.

... this space is not for rent ...
drays
Legendary

View Profile
October 08, 2018, 10:31:09 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2018, 12:52:18 PM by drays

You wrote in your article
Their ambition is quite high, and their raise compared their ambition is quite small. Next to that their exchange is almost live, which means an immediate use case for your investment in the $BXY token including liquidity and volume. For me this is a no-brainer, sure there is a lot of competition, but there is room for multiple exchanges to succeed.
3M USD is not a small amount in exchange for just some utility token. As far as I understand developers retain 100% of exchange ownership and profit to themselves. So in fact the private investors invest not in the project or the company, but just buy some utility token with expectations of a fast profit. During the public sale (where the tokens will be 2-4 times more expensive, than they were for the private 'whale' investors), those private investors will sell their tokens for 2x-4x immediate ROI, so I am sure the token could be bought from the market much cheaper than for $0.41 the company is going to sell it. Maybe $0.2 in average, taking into account that most private investors entered considerably cheaper than that.

In any case I would not consider the token being a good investment at the current price of $0.2. If the exchange would share the part of revenue with the investors, or use the part of profit to buy back and burn some of the coin from market, that would be quite different story.

That could be the reason why investments are not flowing in at the moment, and project funding is not going that well.

Khilone7

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 08:19:40 AM
Merited by drays (1)

You wrote in your article
Their ambition is quite high, and their raise compared their ambition is quite small. Next to that their exchange is almost live, which means an immediate use case for your investment in the $BXY token including liquidity and volume. For me this is a no-brainer, sure there is a lot of competition, but there is room for multiple exchanges to succeed.
3M USD is not a small amount in exchange for just some utility token. As far as I understand developers retain 100% of exchange ownership and profit to themselves. So in fact the private investors invest not in the project or the company, but just buy some utility token with expectations of a fast profit. During the public sale (where the tokens will be 2-4 times more expensive, than they were for the private 'whale' investors), those private investors will sell their tokens for 2x-4x immediate ROI, so I am sure the token could be bought from the market much cheaper than for $0.41 the company is going to sell it. Maybe $0.2 in average, taking into account that most private investors entered considerably cheaper than that.

In any case I would not consider the token being a good investment at the current price of $0.2. If the exchange would share the part of revenue with the investors, or use the part of profit to buy back and burn some of the coin from market, that would be quite different story.

That could be the reason why investments are not flowing in at the moment, and project funding is not going that well.

So first let's start with the3M USD is not a small amount in an exchange. Do you have any idea how much it costs legally to get all the paperwork for FIAT in the EU and USA, that alone costs millions. After that they have to developer a whole exchange, set up customer service, marketing etc.

I have seen exchanges raised much more and offering way less, so based on all those comparisons, I would say its a fair amount that Beaxy is raising.

I didn't say 19M in general is a small raise, I stated that for what they want to achieve (their ambition), 19M is a fair raise.

As with almost any ICO, an investor invests in the token and not in the company, unless you buy equity. So I don't get your point on that, that's pretty standard, that's every single ICO.

The utility token has an important role to play in the exchange though, so that creates the value for you as an investor in the token. So when you invest in an utility token, you have to check what utility it gives you and what the chances are that it makes you profit next to the speculation part of the token. In almost every other utility token you would invest you only buy it for speculation, because next to exchanges there is almost no utility token that brings value to the token right away. Most of them are years away from adding utility to their token, because they need adoption etc.

You have to read better next time, because you mention if the exchange would share the part of revenue with the investors, that would be quite a different story. Well that's exactly what they do. As mentioned in my article:

Beaxy chose to use an alternative token for their Loyalty Rewards Program, the PLUS ($PLS) token. The $PLS token will apply to be a registered security token in applicable jurisdiction.
$PLS tokens may not be transferred or sold to a third-party but can be exchanged for $BXY tokens at a 1:1 rate. It will not be a part of the Token Sale process. Important to note is that due to regulatory uncertainty, $PLS will not be available for United States citizens.

So how does the program work? Qualified holders will receive a percentage of transaction fees collected based on the duration the $PLS tokens are locked, and the percentage of each user’s share among all locked $PLS tokens.
Up to 1 month: receive 15% of fees collected
1–6 months: receive 20% of fees collected
Beyond 6 months: receive 25% of fees collected

This is a very innovative approach that could mean that a lot of the $BXY tokens are of the markets and as a staker, you can earn a nice amount of fees if the Beaxy Exchange is a success.

So Beaxy is sharing 25% of their fees collected with their stakers. This is next to their discount in fees you get with paying in the BXY token.
drays
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 03:53:47 PM

@Khilone7:

Thanks for getting back to me, and attracting my attention to the points I missed. Indeed, I admittedly skipped the PLUS token part when reading. Actually the words "Loyalty Rewards Program" triggered my skipping reflex - the name didn't suggest anything of interest, or anything related to profit share Smiley

I had a bit of negative bias towards the project - I think mostly caused by the annoying KYC requirement, even for small users and small transactions. There is something making me very uncomfortable when I have to submit my documents and selfie photos to some entity in the internet (I would say, requirement to submit a selfie with doc in hand is kinda humiliating too). I still believe this should be avoided at least for smaller trades, and in especially in the trial stage, until exchange get popular.

In general, on the second thought, I agree, the program sounds interesting, though still at current entry cost, I would not consider this to be a steal, though it is comparatively low-risk and still could provide a 110-120% [almost] immediate returns. But that's just my problem - I should have found this and entered earlier.

Regarding your statement on utility tokens without any utility, couldn't agree more - there are heaps of them, but they do not deserve any consideration, as those are mostly just a pump'n'pump trading toys. This one at least has a clear usage, so is worth considering.

Khilone7

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:00:40 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2018, 08:42:17 AM by Khilone7

Deleted.
Khilone7

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 06:03:52 PM

@Khilone7:

Thanks for getting back to me, and attracting my attention to the points I missed. Indeed, I admittedly skipped the PLUS token part when reading. Actually the words "Loyalty Rewards Program" triggered my skipping reflex - the name didn't suggest anything of interest, or anything related to profit share Smiley

I had a bit of negative bias towards the project - I think mostly caused by the annoying KYC requirement, even for small users and small transactions. There is something making me very uncomfortable when I have to submit my documents and selfie photos to some entity in the internet (I would say, requirement to submit a selfie with doc in hand is kinda humiliating too). I still believe this should be avoided at least for smaller trades, and in especially in the trial stage, until exchange get popular.

In general, on the second thought, I agree, the program sounds interesting, though still at current entry cost, I would not consider this to be a steal, though it is comparatively low-risk and still could provide a 110-120% [almost] immediate returns. But that's just my problem - I should have found this and entered earlier.

Regarding your statement on utility tokens without any utility, couldn't agree more - there are heaps of them, but they do not deserve any consideration, as those are mostly just a pump'n'pump trading toys. This one at least has a clear usage, so is worth considering.

Yeah I can understand your thought process behind that, but I think any legitimate business who wants to follow all regulations has to in the future. Probably even now. So playing with it and giving some wiggle room probably isn't the smartest thing to do in the long run for the project.

Well in my eyes you are still pretty early, I only found out about Beaxy since 1-2 months ago. The private sale is still ongoing, with a minimum as you can see in my blog. If this is something that interests you, you can always reach out to me in DM here or preferable on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Khil0ne).

If you have any further questions my door is always open!
drays
Legendary

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:50:28 PM

Demo of Beaxy Exchange can be seen over here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJd2lB4-hM&feature=youtu.be

Looks nice. But isn't it a bit too 'raw' for something, which is supposed to be released in two months? At least the view of the balance page should have been ready long ago, to integrate with the backend.
I have extensive experience in software development (not in Web-development though), and I know the rounding up stage requires huge effort, including the most resource-consuming and often underestimated part - testing and bugfixing.
Did they already integrate with OneMarketData API to test the speed? In fact huge speed of backend is nothing, if the GUI and API usage is not made efficient enough, so they should measure the real speed in real stress tests, before announcing the 225.000 TP/s figure.
BTW, is that Artak talking, or someone else?

P.S. Just a unrelated rant: I know I would be better asking all this in their discord channel, to have better chance of getting answer, but well... I hate those chatboxes, and I do not understand why developers moved to closed private non-searchable communication means instead of public forum, where every piece of info could be publicly available for anyone in the internet and searchable by google.

mandor

Activity: 1638
Merit: 260

Trphy.io

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2018, 12:46:17 PM

so when do you start calculating how many total tokens will the prize participants get? I want to know also when the token is distributed and when is the date? I hope you announce information about the distribution of tokens here ANN thread. this project has been going on for so long and I want to see BEAXY succeed.

░▒░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓███▓░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
 ▓███▓                     
  ████░                     
  ▒████                     
   ░███▓                   
     ▓██▓                   
       ███░                 
         ▓█▓░               
           ▓█▒  ██         
           ▓█   ██▒         
        ░███░ ▒  ▓██▓       
        ▓█▒▓█▓█▓▓█▒▓█       
|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
bth1122

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:55:53 AM

팀원과 프로젝트가 좋아요
Khilone7

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 08:33:31 AM

Demo of Beaxy Exchange can be seen over here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJd2lB4-hM&feature=youtu.be

Looks nice. But isn't it a bit too 'raw' for something, which is supposed to be released in two months? At least the view of the balance page should have been ready long ago, to integrate with the backend.
I have extensive experience in software development (not in Web-development though), and I know the rounding up stage requires huge effort, including the most resource-consuming and often underestimated part - testing and bugfixing.
Did they already integrate with OneMarketData API to test the speed? In fact huge speed of backend is nothing, if the GUI and API usage is not made efficient enough, so they should measure the real speed in real stress tests, before announcing the 225.000 TP/s figure.
BTW, is that Artak talking, or someone else?

P.S. Just a unrelated rant: I know I would be better asking all this in their discord channel, to have better chance of getting answer, but well... I hate those chatboxes, and I do not understand why developers moved to closed private non-searchable communication means instead of public forum, where every piece of info could be publicly available for anyone in the internet and searchable by google.

The Beaxy team has been sharing their progress with a core group of people for a few months now, to get feedback and be transparent. This video shows a dev environment that doesn't fully reflect their current progress but is a way for them to show a demo of core features to more folks who are interested. They have no hangups from a development perspective and fully expect to launch on time.

Haha no worries I will be checking Bitcointalk regularly to answer all of your questions.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: