Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:09:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta Is Broken  (Read 944 times)
99th (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 22

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 02:47:24 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 03:09:09 AM by 99th

TRADE VOLUME - 0%  Huh Huh Huh

Just a heads up - the Trade Record Window shows trades executed over 30 hours ago and nothing new.

Also is NOT recording trades after your order has been executed so you have no record of BUY and SELL prices and amounts. Makes it a pain in the ass to keep track of what you are doing if you are doing a lot of trades.

Also gives this error no matter what "You cannot trade this order because it already traded. Someone else already traded this order and the order book hasn't updated yet."

So you can BUY tokens, yet you can't use the SELL order book to sell anything which I am sure is making a ton of people get screwed like myself. Probably just lost $1k which is a lot for me.

Anyone know how to fix this shit? In the meantime I would advise to stay FAR away. I'm in Github chat for ED and it seems many of us are facing this error issue. And their is no word about anything from ED (like usual). And with ED's twitter being suspended this is just fucking great.

ED Telegram Chats - https://t.me/etherdelta and https://t.me/etherdeltaofficial
ED Github chat on Gitter (official chat from top menu of etherdelta.com) - https://gitter.im/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io

Shova

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:01:55 AM

I'm too facing problems with etherdelta. Transactions not being created, sometimes fake transaction are shown in history and with the increased amount of fees to trade in the platform, IDEX is too problematic. I'm in mood of leaving the platform overall and wait and hold tokens till they reach the mainstream exchanges.
@ngelcryptopia

Activity: 238

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:06:07 AM

Yes, ED is a mess. We need a better DEX solutions! I always wait for coins to list in a proper exvhange. But centralised exchanges have their fair share of problems too. Waiting for Kyber to launch and see how it goes.

QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:07:35 AM

Yes, ED is a mess. We need a better DEX solutions! I always wait for coins to list in a proper exvhange. But centralised exchanges have their fair share of problems too. Waiting for Kyber to launch and see how it goes.

It has a come to a point I barely even trade coins on etherdelta unless it's absolutely necessary.
mammothine

Activity: 117
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:09:27 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 11:18:25 AM by mammothine

It's a shame because we really need a good DEX. Maybe ForkDelta or...

MAKE ETHERDELTA GREAT AGAIN

integrap

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:11:42 AM

Etherdelta sucks nowadays. I dont even use etherdalta recent days. We need new alternative DEX solutions. When I want to open and check price of some coins, I can connect to etherdelta. They should find pemanent solutions for connection problems.

Jiyens3

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:20:22 AM

It has a come to a point I barely even trade coins on etherdelta unless it's absolutely necessary.
etherdelta looks like slowly and need 0.1 ethereum in address to make transactions
so confused when balance have been in etherdelta but want to move in myetherwallet so my balance not 0.1 eth it can't move from etherdelta
and often happen maintence in everytime

for now, i not like etherdelta market

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Mike Mayor

Activity: 966
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:34:33 AM

I don't like using etherdelta I try to avoid them unless there is no other place to go. I also don't like that it takes so long and used ng a method of directly depositing in another wallet and paying a high fee of 0.001eth per trade. It's not a nice system but it does work. It's just really slow. I have also post money because I never got a trade in fast enough. I don't know how they work who gets the trade first if it's based on who sent first or who is received first.

SHOP_
Copper Member

Activity: 58

Open eCommerce Protocol

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 03:48:09 AM

So many upcoming DEX projects arising, this year may very well be the year ED gets serious competition. I don't know what the current issues are with ED but once competition catches up to its volume the race will take off.

Actually IDEX today announced they had passed EtherDelta in trade volume, but they currently have some arbitrary requirements that make them less competitive. https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7wfuxg/idex_passes_etherdelta_in_daily_trade_volume/

The thing that is so awesome about ED is that you can paste any ERC20 contract address into the trading pair URL and trade any token, there is no listing process and no way to censor what tokens can be traded.

Mainstream eCommerce protocol that leverages decentralization to provide incentives to brands and shoppers. Open sourced with APIs for Stripe, Shopify, and all the major shipping companies. Get your business on the blockchain and fight monopolistic middle men.
xcbjsuw

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:48:53 AM

TRADE VOLUME - 0%  Huh Huh Huh

Just a heads up - the Trade Record Window shows trades executed over 30 hours ago and nothing new.

Also is NOT recording trades after your order has been executed so you have no record of BUY and SELL prices and amounts. Makes it a pain in the ass to keep track of what you are doing if you are doing a lot of trades.

Also gives this error no matter what "You cannot trade this order because it already traded. Someone else already traded this order and the order book hasn't updated yet."

So you can BUY tokens, yet you can't use the SELL order book to sell anything which I am sure is making a ton of people get screwed like myself. Probably just lost $1k which is a lot for me.

Anyone know how to fix this shit? In the meantime I would advise to stay FAR away. I'm in Github chat for ED and it seems many of us are facing this error issue. And their is no word about anything from ED (like usual). And with ED's twitter being suspended this is just fucking great.

ED Github chat on Gitter (official chat from top menu of etherdelta.com) - https://gitter.im/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io

Lately Etherdelta is often an error. it seems the site is often down.
I tried Forkdelta, the site is lighter. while using forkdelta.

It's a shame because we really need a good DEX.

Has anyone tried ForkDelta???

Try it, it looks like for now Forkdelta is better than Etherdelta.
darksanya

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 03:54:30 AM

I don't trade for a long time but for now I don't know people who use etherdelta. it's so unconvenient and slow. yes, lots of coins firstly go there but it's better to wait some time and trade with comfort on another exchange
99th (OP)

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:58:27 AM

TRADE VOLUME - 0%  Huh Huh Huh

Lately Etherdelta is often an error. it seems the site is often down.
I tried Forkdelta, the site is lighter. while using forkdelta.

It's a shame because we really need a good DEX.

Has anyone tried ForkDelta???

Try it, it looks like for now Forkdelta is better than Etherdelta.

No. Forkdelta is currently suffering from the SAME EXACT issues as regular ED. There is no difference and Forkdelta is certainly not performing better than the original.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 03:58:41 AM

Etherdelta sucks nowadays. I dont even use etherdalta recent days. We need new alternative DEX solutions. When I want to open and check price of some coins, I can connect to etherdelta. They should find pemanent solutions for connection problems.
Yes we need other alternative decentralize exchange for trading token ERC20 of ethereum, or maybe decentralize exchange doesn't makes interisting to used for trading activity, the traders more choose the other exchangers that has large of capitalization than decentralize exchange and DEX is very difficult to be accessed by smartphone, that is the problem too we can not trade on anytime and anywhere.
Bay_Harbour_Butcher

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:03:15 AM

yes I agree with you, even before etherdelta experience interruption, etherdelta website was already very slow and often pending transactions, especially now there are very much better exchange in appeal etherdelta, such as binance and kukoin a favorite of traders

99th (OP)

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:20:22 AM

yes I agree with you, even before etherdelta experience interruption, etherdelta website was already very slow and often pending transactions, especially now there are very much better exchange in appeal etherdelta, such as binance and kukoin a favorite of traders

The issue this Binance and Kucoin (both of which I have accounts for), is that it costs a lot for a token to be listed, so startups with a chance to go 100x are often only listed on ED before they get some momentum and their price rises very high.

I guess if you want to have a chance to get on the 100x trains you need to take the risks involved with using ED, but still - ED usually works OK - right now it is NOT working at all.

Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:44:43 AM

Try to wate a bit and then refresh the page. It won't help with general lags but may help with the details of your order. I had the same situation when I've tried to place an order, then it lagged, when I've tried for the next time it showed the same error as you got. It turned out that the order was complete almost immidiately but the interface with my balance still was not updated for some time.

IlfarIldarovich

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:55:54 AM

I've been having problems lately, too . This exchange often happens , it is not quite suitable for trading . So try to put it not enjoy
pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 04:57:42 AM

Etherdelta has become more shitty after the ICO of their OWN very token, i don't know what they wanted to achieve by the ICO, i don't see any major upgradation not a spike in popularity but ED name is just associated with complex exchange on which no one gonna trade.

BewareTheStobor

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:06:52 AM

I've been wanting to buy a number of tokens at ED since late Nov. when I first started buying cryptos.  I watched tons of videos, read tutorials, etc. on ED and every time I went there, I first read the chat.  I signed in once and tried to buy something but ended up having to cancel the contract and eat the fee.  After that, every time I checked, the comments are worse which I thought was impossible given how terrible they were the previous time. This time in the chat, someone said the place was sold and the owner is AWOL. Great. Because of this and because there are two tokens I want in the worst way, I've done a fair amount of research into alternatives.  I've looked at all the other decentralized eth enabled exchanges and the answer is not there IMO.  

So what I found that might work, if more people started to use it is:

https://radarrelay.com/how-to/

You can trade all erc-20's there if there are enough people using it.  I don't have any clout in this industry, but if I did I would attempt to get this idea out to people who are having issues (and who isn't) with ED.  Maybe someone with good social media skills could review Radar Relay (I like the feel and idea of it) and get the word out.  I'll help on Reddit.  

OP - have you checked out Radar Relay (0x - trading token Weth)?  Have a look, please.

P.S. If anyone wants to sell me some Pillar which I've been wanting to buy since it was 18 cents (now $1.34), I'd love it. (listed at Crytopia and HitBC, two other nightmare exchanges I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole)
99th (OP)

Las Vegas

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:21:07 AM

I've been wanting to buy a number of tokens at ED since late Nov. when I first started buying cryptos.  I watched tons of videos, read tutorials, etc. on ED and every time I went there, I first read the chat.  I signed in once and tried to buy something but ended up having to cancel the contract and eat the fee.  After that, every time I checked, the comments are worse which I thought was impossible given how terrible they were the previous time. This time in the chat, someone said the place was sold and the owner is AWOL. Great. Because of this and because there are two tokens I want in the worst way, I've done a fair amount of research into alternatives.  I've looked at all the other decentralized eth enabled exchanges and the answer is not there IMO.  

So what I found that might work, if more people started to use it is:

https://radarrelay.com/how-to/

You can trade all erc-20's there if there are enough people using it.  I don't have any clout in this industry, but if I did I would attempt to get this idea out to people who are having issues (and who isn't) with ED.  Maybe someone with good social media skills could review Radar Relay (I like the feel and idea of it) and get the word out.  I'll help on Reddit.  

OP - have you checked out Radar Relay (0x - trading token Weth)?  Have a look, please.

P.S. If anyone wants to sell me some Pillar which I've been wanting to buy since it was 18 cents (now $1.34), I'd love it. (listed at Crytopia and HitBC, two other nightmare exchanges I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole)

Radar relay blows, it adds another component 0x to trade and it makes it a pain in the ass. All of these DEXs are becoming more and more useless as time goes on. Someone needs to just create an exchange like binance that allows all the erc20 tokens and make people pay to use it (fees). I am sure the market for such a thing is absolutely massive considering ED has over 1 billion is eth in its wallets at any given time. I wish someone would just make it happen. This is starting to suck so much that I am turned off from trading atm.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: