Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:33:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Etherdelta Is Broken  (Read 946 times)
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:34:23 AM

Etherdelta can suck. can be slow. It can be expensive. It can be confusing. Not for beginners.

But it is the best and safest solution for ER20 tokens. Not for traders. It is only for people who want to buy a token and store them safely.

Do we need an alternative? Yes always. But at the moment that exchanges like Binance stop working for a day. That BitGrail exchange has been hacked among several others, I can trust that the security of the tokens I bought in ED will be in my portfolio and at my disposal.
Iyanuisaiah

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:35:17 AM

Etherdelta is once one of the best Erc20 exchange site but nowadays the exchange site is now behaving abnormally which is not good but i really think its ethereum service.
BewareTheStobor

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:44:37 AM

Sorry to hear that about RR. Should have known.  Your suggested solution is ideal.  With the umpteen ICO's, you'd think someone would want to fill that space. There's a crying need for it and token use case is a breeze. Everybody give it some thought, how can we make that happen?

The MEW team busted up yesterday with 19 of the 20 people on the staff leaving for MyCrypto.  Explanation here: https://medium.com/mycrypto/mycrypto-launch-6a066bf41093.  Maybe they would have some ideas as to who would be into starting an ERC-20 "real" exchange. I also wonder if there is a small, well run exchange somewhere that would take this on with an injection of capital. At this point, I wouldn't care if the solution were centralized or decentralized.  Just want it to work and not be dishonest.
arkaasay

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:47:45 AM

Yes, ED is a mess. It's very uncomfortable and slow. sometimes fraudulent transactions are shown in history and with the increasing amount of fees for trading on platforms, IDEX is too flawed. yes, many first coins go there but it's better to wait a while and trade comfortably on other exchanges, We need a new alternative DEX solution.
cryptomngr

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 05:57:38 AM

If there is only an alternative exchange to etherdelta,probably it is going to have a lot of users,etherdelta is a crappy exchange now because of the hack incident they have faced from the past,most of the people lose their trust to this decentralized exchange.But lets hope there would be another DEX that will comeout so we wont use ED anymore.

eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:16:33 AM

TRADE VOLUME - 0%  Huh Huh Huh

Just a heads up - the Trade Record Window shows trades executed over 30 hours ago and nothing new.

Also is NOT recording trades after your order has been executed so you have no record of BUY and SELL prices and amounts. Makes it a pain in the ass to keep track of what you are doing if you are doing a lot of trades.

Also gives this error no matter what "You cannot trade this order because it already traded. Someone else already traded this order and the order book hasn't updated yet."

So you can BUY tokens, yet you can't use the SELL order book to sell anything which I am sure is making a ton of people get screwed like myself. Probably just lost $1k which is a lot for me.

Anyone know how to fix this shit? In the meantime I would advise to stay FAR away. I'm in Github chat for ED and it seems many of us are facing this error issue. And their is no word about anything from ED (like usual). And with ED's twitter being suspended this is just fucking great.

ED Telegram Chats - https://t.me/etherdelta and https://t.me/etherdeltaofficial
ED Github chat on Gitter (official chat from top menu of etherdelta.com) - https://gitter.im/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io

it looks like it's just being repaired but it can still be used for buying and selling and yesterday I tried to sell some tokens that I have in Etherdelta still safe and smooth.
alkhie01

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:22:42 AM

Im still using etherdelta just to buy some tokens and easily put it in my wallet.Etherdelta is not so good exchange but the only thing you need to do is always secure your tokens.Dont trust any exchange if your not a day trader.I lost money in coinexchange because somebody entered my account and dump all my assets,so for me verything was up to you not from exchnage.
Laodungchun

Activity: 99

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:26:38 AM

Etherdelta has so many problems. And too much of the fee paid, it is also difficult to find other tokens. Like me, I also lost balance in etherdelta so I did not really want to use it. I'll wait for my tokens to have a new exchanger when I put in etherdelta that I'm not sure if it will be safe.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:26:43 AM

indeed etherdelta is a not too good exchange platform, but over all it is still functioning.
it is because the exchange is decentralized, so it may clog on network.
BewareTheStobor

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:42:29 AM

it looks like it's just being repaired but it can still be used for buying and selling and yesterday I tried to sell some tokens that I have in Etherdelta still safe and smooth.
[/quote]

eekkaa - Could you really go there now, deposit eth and get a buy order done?  You must really know your way around that place.

I used Meta Mask the last time I tried. Maybe that makes it more complicated?  Have to admit, I'm very intimidated by ED. Chat tells of one disaster after another.  "Divine balances account"?!?
cioloxl

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 06:47:04 AM

Is there any other DEX out there that has the option to trade unlisted tokens? That's basically the only (but biggest, imo) advantage ED has over competitors. I mean, at this stage it's laughable that this excuse for an exchange is able to get anyone to trade on their slow, buggy platform. Why has no one taken over? These guys are literally asking for it. Barely speaking english, no communication, shitty ICO. At the time ED changed hands it was really top notch. Well, not really, but still very much usable. You're lucky to get it to load these days. Volume has gone down to nothing. Can't someone put it out of its misery by releasing something professional?
mrPix

Activity: 308
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:05:45 AM

I can't trade about 10 days! It annoys me TOO much, cause there is one token, which is interesting to me, but when the delta will proceed well, the token will costs 1bilion Grin Angry
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:13:29 AM

Just a heads up - the Trade Record Window shows trades executed over 30 hours ago and nothing new.

Also is NOT recording trades after your order has been executed so you have no record of BUY and SELL prices and amounts. Makes it a pain in the ass to keep track of what you are doing if you are doing a lot of trades.

Also gives this error no matter what "You cannot trade this order because it already traded. Someone else already traded this order and the order book hasn't updated yet."

So you can BUY tokens, yet you can't use the SELL order book to sell anything which I am sure is making a ton of people get screwed like myself. Probably just lost $1k which is a lot for me.

Anyone know how to fix this shit? In the meantime I would advise to stay FAR away. I'm in Github chat for ED and it seems many of us are facing this error issue. And their is no word about anything from ED (like usual). And with ED's twitter being suspended this is just fucking great.

ED Github chat on Gitter (official chat from top menu of etherdelta.com) - https://gitter.im/etherdelta/etherdelta.github.io

after the hack of etherdelta last month,since then their site has even become a big mess nons of myfriend including me got a good trade from then.the op is right stay far away from this damn etherdelta and try github or other exchange,this must be fixed

I can't trade about 10 days! It annoys me TOO much, cause there is one token, which is interesting to me, but when the delta will proceed well, the token will costs 1bilion Grin Angry

Better that you only have 10days of shit encounter with ED but we are struggling for almost a month and nothings happen thats why we change site already
Gontxi

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:14:50 AM

Yes, ED is a mess. We need a better DEX solutions! I always wait for coins to list in a proper exvhange. But centralised exchanges have their fair share of problems too. Waiting for Kyber to launch and see how it goes.

It has a come to a point I barely even trade coins on etherdelta unless it's absolutely necessary.

yes, I agree with you. I prefer to wait for another exchange if the tokens are only in the ethdelta exchange. I'm pretty stifling with ED, I think if ED wants more and more users, it should improve their system to make sure everyone believes.
lemonscentedbreeze

Activity: 133

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:17:38 AM

Etherdelta sucks nowadays. I dont even use etherdalta recent days. We need new alternative DEX solutions. When I want to open and check price of some coins, I can connect to etherdelta. They should find pemanent solutions for connection problems.

True its been quite slow and unstable lately which is really sad knowing that it used to be my main trading platform for my cryptocurrency investments but now whenever I find its services intolerable I trade via coinexchange. Still I wish etherdelta services improved again because I still prefer their platform compared to others.  

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
SimplyEverything

Activity: 126
Merit: 16

Escrow

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 07:18:35 AM

Its a bug, i have been trading some other alt coins but the volume shows 0 and on my blockfolio i can't track my earnings .... it sucks man

-Peace-
cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 07:37:06 AM

I couldnt disagree etherdelta has some problems from the past few months after the hack incident happened,their security should be improved so users wont have to worry to get hacked using this decentralized exchange.

cryptamod

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:10:16 AM

Etherdelta was okay from the past but after the hack was happened people seems to dont trust ED anymore,because their security has been breached and im sure in the future it would have another hack,so lets hope someone will create an alternative with etherdelta.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
qomariah95

Activity: 1190
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:35:18 AM

Now etherdelta is still having problems, but the problem is not serious for us to make transactions. Still can be when we do the buying and selling activity in etherdelta.

lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 09:40:19 AM

Well, nobody argues here EtherDelta is really very heavy for beginners exchange. It's worth spending time to learn how to use it. But I think it's worth it. Still, it's probably thanks to her that we can make money on bounty hunters
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: