Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:19:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Elizabeth T. Ploshay for Bitcoin Foundation board  (Read 1406 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 02:57:59 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2013, 04:05:28 AM by cypherdoc

I see what is happening now, this is playing itself out over on Reddit.

What the insiders want is someone who will not rock the boat and just go along with the flow.  The Bitcoin Foundation now wants to have "chapters" instead of forming independent groups that collaborate.  They have created a new meaningless buzz word (don't all politicians do that) called "Organized Decentralization."  http://elizabethtploshay.com/organized-decentralization/

Folks, people like Theymos are taking you for a ride.  It is like the donations to this forum which total over $600K.  Theymos has been given advice time and time again about how to secure this web site against attacks and hacks.  He never takes the advice and refuses to take even basic steps to run this site properly.  He also gives elevated status to people running obviously illegal services.  He is apparently holding on the $600K in case he needs some kind of legal defense.  

i have to agree with this as well.

theymos lets his global moderators run wild deleting posts of anyone challenging their moderating decisions.  this has been a great disappointment to me, censorship.  
right now, i am the victim of a moderator who is unilaterally deleting my posts and enforcing a once per day posting on my subscription thread based solely on a complaint/recommendation of a competitor, no discussion from me allowed.  i was banned from posting on the forum for 2 days just b/c of bumping my thread more than once last week after not having bumped at all for several days from travelling.  imo, this is just retribution from a moderator who i've had personal disagreements with in the past.

power corrupts even at this level of a forum.  this post will probably get deleted and i might end up "disappearing" once again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 10, 2013, 06:11:28 AM

theymos lets his global moderators run wild deleting posts of anyone challenging their moderating decisions.
If you post about these issues in Meta, like you're supposed to, your posts about moderation should stop being deleted. If they continue to be deleted after being posted in Meta, contact theymos directly, since he most certainly would like to hear about these abuses.

this has been a great disappointment to me, censorship.  
right now, i am the victim of a moderator who is unilaterally deleting my posts and enforcing a once per day posting on my subscription thread based solely on a complaint/recommendation of a competitor, no discussion from me allowed.  i was banned from posting on the forum for 2 days just b/c of bumping my thread more than once last week after not having bumped at all for several days from travelling.  imo, this is just retribution from a moderator who i've had personal disagreements with in the past.
Have you tried appealing this? Theymos might not have looked at it too closely initially...

power corrupts even at this level of a forum.  this post will probably get deleted and i might end up "disappearing" once again.
Fortunately, it got moved instead. Seriously, don't assume the worst about us...

whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 04:20:11 PM

I see what is happening now, this is playing itself out over on Reddit.

What the insiders want is someone who will not rock the boat and just go along with the flow.  The Bitcoin Foundation now wants to have "chapters" instead of forming independent groups that collaborate.  They have created a new meaningless buzz word (don't all politicians do that) called "Organized Decentralization."  http://elizabethtploshay.com/organized-decentralization/

Folks, people like Theymos are taking you for a ride.  It is like the donations to this forum which total over $600K.  Theymos has been given advice time and time again about how to secure this web site against attacks and hacks.  He never takes the advice and refuses to take even basic steps to run this site properly.  He also gives elevated status to people running obviously illegal services.  He is apparently holding on the $600K in case he needs some kind of legal defense.  

i have to agree with this as well.

theymos lets his global moderators run wild deleting posts of anyone challenging their moderating decisions.  this has been a great disappointment to me, censorship.  

Quoted for reference

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 12:15:50 AM

I have noticed moderators getting overzealous again lately myself. You guys had a nice run there without many incidents... most people here are just trying to mind their own business. Please keep it that way.
tysat
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

Keep it real

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:24:12 PM

I have noticed moderators getting overzealous again lately myself. You guys had a nice run there without many incidents... most people here are just trying to mind their own business. Please keep it that way.

Got examples?  Most mods are here to do the right thing and would like to fix issues.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:04:22 PM

Cypherdoc was given a time-out in the corner! Truly one of the biggest Bitcoin advocates and the LAST person I would ever believe could be banned. Who's next Stephen Gornick!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: