Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Again  (Read 556 times)
La56 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:18:08 AM

An Italian cryptocurrency exchange called BitGrail says it was hacked and some $170 million worth of a currency called Nano is missing.
Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:23:00 AM

Hackers are very annoying and very cruel in taking money, with huge losses must be very painful for them, hopefully this will not happen again in other markets.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
La56 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:17:27 PM

its been second time in 3 weeks. first on was in japan and now here.
ChickenDuck

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:20:21 PM

What is Nano currency? Is it new currency? I never heard about this.
Anyway the crypto Exchanges are always the target of hacker.
An Italian cryptocurrency exchange called BitGrail says it was hacked and some $170 million worth of a currency called Nano is missing.
NutellaboY

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:21:11 PM

Hackers are very annoying and very cruel in taking money, with huge losses must be very painful for them, hopefully this will not happen again in other markets.

Why does it won't happened again? They'll hack again and again, nothing can stop hackers from that. It's literally their profession.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:21:44 PM

I am always skeptical of these alleged hacks that happen in exchanges. maybe because most of them were fake anyways. fake in the sense that the exchange lied and they stole the money themselves and never paid the users back. they sometimes do it because they run out of money because they make bad bets on the market and get dumped on during the market crash or something like that.

ps. change your title to something like BitGrail got hacked. "again" means nothing!

Only Bitcoin
derigop

Activity: 200

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:22:03 PM

That is a bad news. Several countries now are having a hacking issues about the hackers. Security is very needed to protect to those hackers. I think we need to improve that so casualties about hacking will be lessen.
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18586

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:27:23 PM

What is Nano currency? Is it new currency? I never heard about this.

Nano is the rebrand of Raiblocks.

This "hack" is very suspicious. With the general shady behaviour of BitGrail and its owner Bomber over the last few months, as well as rumours that the money was transferred out of the wallet MONTHS ago, I wouldn't be surprised if it the whole thing turns out to be an inside job. I hope criminal charges are brought.
cho99

Activity: 224
Merit: 61

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:32:28 PM

I never heard about this currency called Nano , but it could be that the project is already a scam and that the devs runs away with the money and said that the wallet was hacked to run away of responsibility , I think this is the problem or maybe the negligence of the  security of the wallet . People has to cry now because they invested in a scamming project , such a shame .

VARANIDA ● ◉ ● Building A Better Internet
WhitePaper↾ ⊙ ⇂ Ann Thread
TwitterFacebookTelegramReddit
Nhebu

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:34:12 PM

I am not informed of this existing coin, Nano. I know Nano is a key to access in MEW but I don't know that there is a coin like that. If then, it is so sad to see how the hackers stole the coins and it seems that the coin is not completely secured that's why hackers attack them easily.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:36:26 PM

Read this for better understanding of the issue.
https://news.bitcoin.com/cryptocurrency-exchange-bitgrail-suspends-operations-losing-170-million-nano/

It is somehow really disturbing how hackers are so capable of doing such crime and steal millions. It is really saddening, maybe they should put up their security level to a higher point to stop this from happening.
gantez

Activity: 1736
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:37:10 PM

Your title is not befitting for a crime story like you have. So try and get more attractive caption.

Anyway, hacking is one major problem of online business because it is exposed to the public eye. Something really have to be done or is it that there are certain security measures that some big exchanges are adopting and others are not following?
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:37:16 PM

Also many are claiming that they never had those amount in their accounts so looks like bombar is trying to pull exit scam.

Many have lost thousands of dollars when they forced all unverified users to terminate their account and get paid only in Bitcoin rather than in coins they hold.
adiksau0414

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:43:45 PM

Sorry to hear this and sorry for those who hold this. Never heard about this and not familiar with it. Is this an ICO project? If this one of the new project and people doing this as bounty, i doubt its been hacked. Sometimes, this is just their excuse to the people who work hard for their project and in the end they don't want to pay the bounty hunters because it is allegedly a scam (i am not saying all of the ICO project). But if it is true, i guess their security is not that safe and better to focus how to build a stronger security.

Afnan_faizah

Activity: 798
Merit: 178

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:47:31 PM

Most of cybercrime are focused on cryptocurrency because there is where the money is. Again, save coin in exchange is so risky. Don't put your money in exchanges if you don't have a good reason for it. We better to save our coin in our wallet.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
bakujo0817

Activity: 313
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:49:34 PM

the hacks on bitgrail is suspicious when nano(xrb) hit a skyrocket price the bitgrail start acting wear they stop withdrawal of the nano and then they required for member to do kyc but the process is to difficult to process and now saying that they hacks..
sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:51:14 PM

My goodness. This is such a huge price which may help most of the worker who deserves it, scams involving cryptocurrency has been rapidly increasing nowadays, and even here , like Symmetry Fund Campaign was a huge disappoinment for those who works for it cause imagine 13000 Eth, and in a blink of an eye they were gone.

kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:55:04 PM

NANO the new name of XRB and before binace list NANO bitgrail was the dedicated exchange for NANO/XRB. i see bitgrail lock down all unverified account and disable trading NANO.

Bitgrail S.r.l. Informs its users that internal checks revealed unauthorized transactions which led to a 17 million Nano shortfall, an amount forming part of the wallet managed by Bitgrail S.r.l.

Today a charge about those fraudulent activities has been submitted to the competent authorities and now is under police investigation.

We inform you that the other currencies have not been involved.

In order to conduct further verifications, all the activities will be temporarily suspended (including withdrawals and deposits). This procedure is indispensable for users security.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1666

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 12:56:22 PM

https://bitgrail.com/news

Important notice
Bitgrail S.r.l. Informs its users that internal checks revealed unauthorized transactions which led to a 17 million Nano shortfall, an amount forming part of the wallet managed by Bitgrail S.r.l.

Today a charge about those fraudulent activities has been submitted to the competent authorities and now is under police investigation.

We inform you that the other currencies have not been involved.

In order to conduct further verifications, all the activities will be temporarily suspended (including withdrawals and deposits). This procedure is indispensable for users security.

We do offer our full and sincerest apologies to our customers and to whom has been involved into the illegal transfers of Nano occurred on our platform.

Other announcements will be released shortly.

Thank you for your attention.

Another lessons here. (not again). Everyone should be really cautious in putting almost all their funds on a trading platform because hackers are really targeting them because of the money. Though I don' think that this will greatly impact the market because its not one of the big exchanges and what was lost is not bitcoin, it's still painful to hear people losses big amount of money because of those hackers who is nothing different from criminals now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
andohyeb

Activity: 287

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 01:00:27 PM

I think government and regulating bodies needs to hold exchanges responsible for customers funds. As an exchanger the security of your customers funds is paramount and it should more or less be stored outside the exchange platform.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: