Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long do transactions usually take?  (Read 425 times)
callmeback

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 08:04:52 PM

Confirmation time varies from currency to currency and does not depend on Cryptonator, but on the speed of the particular cryptocurrency protocol. In some cases, it may take up to several hours. Especially when a network is overloaded with transactions. For me i think the more transactions that the network needs to process, the longer each transaction takes. This is because there are only a finite number of transactions to process each block and there are a finite number of transactions that can be included in a block.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:48:59 PM

All coins have different term of acknowledgement, therefore all individually, altcoin now offer faster transactions than Bitcoin, but developers will soon reduce this razbezhku with the help of Lightning Network and algorithm Shor.
bratbu

Activity: 182
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:00:42 PM

It is really depends on the coin's block confirmation speed,if the coin has small blocksize it would be easily crowded if most of the people will transact simultaneously,another thing to consider is the network congestion because if there are millions of people using the network like ethereum it would be muich slower than its usual transaction speed.

☁   Casper API   ☁
Platform for DApp developers for decentralized data storage around the world
TelegramFacebookwww.casperproject.ioGithubTwitterANN
bakulgarem

Activity: 361
Merit: 10

BIB Exchange

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:10:46 PM

for my own I am a regular transaction at most about three minutes.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███ █     BiB Exchange     █ ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄   ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JCLee

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:17:17 PM

Give or take, how long do you wait to receive your coins? At what point do you start to become suspicious?

Typically when performing altcoin trading, withdraw from the e-wallet to the exchange floor, the time is speedy, on average it only takes about 30 minutes for each transaction at a reasonable cost. With Bitcoin, the time waiting for confirming it takes up to 5 days to successfully transaction. So if you need fast speed, you should exchange to altcoins like ETH instead of Bitcoin Cheesy

Masziv

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:44:07 PM

Like people said it heavily depends on the coin, but also keep in mind that exchange processing times are different and varying too.
omnik

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:55:01 PM

Give or take, how long do you wait to receive your coins? At what point do you start to become suspicious?
The majority of altcoins have already implemented scalability improvement and it may takes only some minutes to be delivered. if you are sending through exchange site and it may take few hours or more than 30 minutes. But if that was more than a  day and it looks suspicious.
sebinator

Activity: 294
Merit: 113

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:55:41 PM

It depends on the coin you use.
martin1221

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:13:05 AM

This question is not as specific as it. How to know if what we will answer?  But anyways. When talking about major coins-
Btc took about hours, depending on the amount of fee you used.
Eth took about minute only
And when you talking about buying coins in ico,  just read those guidelines of them on when to distribute mate
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:07:38 AM

The transaction time of altcoins is depends on some factors. for example in eth, the gas you used.
The higher gas, the faster that your transactions process. The lower gas, the slower your transaction will be processed.
sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:14:48 AM

Now even bitcoin transactions pass quickly - it takes me about 20-30 minutes.  And the cost of transactions has dropped significantly.  But I'm habitually changing Bitcoin to LTC or Dash.  Transactions of these coins between exchanges occur quickly.  And the commission is small.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
blazingshockwave

Activity: 173

Astorgame.com | ICO is LIVE | Get Your Bonus

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:27:06 AM

It depends on the altcoin you will send and depends on the traffic of the network. As of today my minimum waiting is only 1 minute to 10 minutes time frame. Make sure also to check the status of the wallet if you send it to trading platform because sometimes their wallet is under maintenance.

Astorgame.com  | eSports & Online Gambling | ICO is LIVE
BONUS for early investors
▬▬▬ ◈◈  Website ◈◈  Whitepaper ◈◈  ANN thread ◈◈  Facebook ◈◈  Twitter ◈◈  Telegram ▬▬▬
_IRMAN
Copper Member

Activity: 1400
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:41:27 AM

Each coin has the time of each transaction, there is a moment there is also a long one

Example :
BTC need 2/3 Confirmation
ETH need 50 Confirmation

And all transactions can be made fast or slow, depending on how much you pay the transaction fee, the higher the transaction fees, the sooner your transaction gets confirmed
wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:03:07 AM

Depends on what coin are you trading , but usually it only takes second on most of the coins out in the market . They are designed to be fast because that is what we need . However , some blockchain get clogged which affects the trascantion speed of a coin . Take ETH for example during the Kitties invasion , the ETH Blockchain Network was very slow .

On the other hand , if you want to make the transaction time faster , you can increase the transaction fee which then kinda puts you in a "High Priority" . Tho some coin doesnt offer this kind of feature instead they have a fixed transaction fees .

Thing is , transaction speed varies per coin . And could be affected by other factors .

criminalbee

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:11:45 AM

Depends on the cryptocurrency that you transact and how much fee you are willing to pay. The transaction become suspicious if the delay is already reach 1 hr which means there could be a high traffic in the network.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:19:50 AM

The length of your transaction depends on how much fee you pay for it. Suggestions for minimize the cost of coins, moving from 1st exchange to another exchange and see cheap altcoin (BTC - DOGE). So each time you want to do your transaction first check how much fee needed for fast transaction.

Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 04:40:33 AM

It depend on currency and transaction fees we are giving for each currency . I felt bitcoin taking hours if i am keeping 50000 sathoshi to 100000 sathoshi . Ethereum 50000 gwei taking a minute for transaction may be less than minute . While crypto Kitties ethereum congestion it was taking more time and transaction fees.
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:11:59 AM

It depends on the coin you're using because all coins aren't the same because transaction speeds are always the main criteria of comparing Cryptos in the market.
Bitcoin is one of the slowest transaction speed in the market, and fastest would be around 30 minutes but most of the time users are saying that it would take more than a couple of hours but most of my Bitcoin transactions are more than 24 hours because I always choose the least or the minimum transaction fee.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:24:04 AM

Bitcoin is one of the slowest transaction speed in the market due to it's heavy congestion traffic in Bitcoin network itself.
But when it comes into other Altcoins like NEO or Dogecoin and other Altcoins that has a very fast transaction speed and as fast as a couple of seconds.
I experience Ripple and Dogecoin are one of the fastest and that's why it compels me to buy more Ripple and Dogecoin because it's reliability and speed.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:37:37 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 08:51:30 AM by Geenstijl

Of course it depends on a particular crypto and current load situation. Last time I have very cheap (<$1) and fast (<10min) transactions with ETH, ETC, LTC and BTC. I guess it's mostly because of the correction...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: