Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:20:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How long do transactions usually take?  (Read 425 times)
dlhezter

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:37:36 AM

its all depend on your fees per tx. because in MEW i am using 30gwei per transaction and it takes more or less 1 minute to be completed. meaning the more gwei you use, is to become more faster than the lowest one.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fahim

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:55:05 AM

This is directly dependent on the market's load of various transactions. It also matters what kind of fees you pay for conducting the transaction. The time interval can vary from 30 seconds to a couple of days. If this is the withdraw from the exchange and they have some kind of update, then maybe a week.
thinhthai

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:04:07 PM

Bitcoin takes some hours or days. Ethereum takes less than 2 minute, rush hours, it takes maybe 1 hour or more... BTC has 7 TPS, ETH has 20TPS. Ripple has 1500 TPS, and a lot of coin has faster than all of them will be launched. It's up to type of coin.
kiver

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:29:24 PM

That depends on so many things first which coin you are receiving and are you receiving it on an exchange or are you receiving it on the wallet of the coin and is the blockchain having some kind of congestion in my case iam waiting for my deposit to be credited to cryptopia for 2 days Now so you start douting the exchange if it another case please point it out
VanKleiss

Activity: 231
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:03:50 PM

It only takes around 1-5 minutes if you are talking about Ethereum while Bitcoin takes about 2-10minutes per transaction. Other altcoins maybe faster or slower, it varies on the features they have in term of speed.
cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:18:01 PM

Give or take, how long do you wait to receive your coins? At what point do you start to become suspicious?

When aim doing transaction of withdrawing sometimes my bitcoin and transfer to my local exchange for the purpose of long term investment its mostly cost of 48hrs,but that depend on the trading website you use,thats why sometimes i become suspecious if my transaction become successfull or not,and i thinks sometimes that my bitcoin will turn to nothing or trash because sometimes other exchange trading sites they will manually doing your transaction.

pooh95

Activity: 588
Merit: 106

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

It only takes around 1-5 minutes if you are talking about Ethereum while Bitcoin takes about 2-10minutes per transaction. Other altcoins maybe faster or slower, it varies on the features they have in term of speed.

You can determine for yourself fees when you make a payment. It will be useful not to waste time

for ETH
https://ethgasstation.info/

for BTC
http://bitcointicker.co/networkstats/
https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/#fees
bug.lady

Activity: 196
Merit: 23

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:35:35 PM

Give or take, how long do you wait to receive your coins? At what point do you start to become suspicious?

Which coin are you talking about? With ETH, it takes less than 60 seconds. On the other hand, for Bitcoin it can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 3 days, depending on the transaction fee used and the network load. Other currencies such as LTC, BCH, BSD and XLM comes somewhere in between these two.
My maximal waiting time was 2 weeks for bitcoin transaction in December, but at that point I was really nervous and uncomfortable. From that moment on I learned a valuable lesson of always estimating and applying reasonably high transaction fee.

With other coins, they normally don't get clogged and it is usually a matter of a few blocks. Exact confirmation time depends on their specific new-block-generation-time.

crypto2k180

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:57:50 PM

The transaction speed in the cryptography is highly dependent on the number of network participants per minute or hour. The more people are sitting that speed much lower!  Roll Eyes

EYEGLOB.NET – First and only Eye Health Global Ecosystem on blockchain! Envision the Future!
martina14

Activity: 1190
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:03:22 PM

Different coins have different time of arrival.
BTC will take minutes to days, ETH can arrive seconds to minutes or even a day (never encounter)
some coins have their own time of arrival and sometime it is depend on the exchange if you sent or will receive from it.
Anything will be ok as long as you put the right address.

zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:04:19 PM

it depends what coin do you transfer. BTC could take long time and high fees also. ETH is quite good, not so much fees also if you transfer from wallet, you can set the gas price (fee) to boost up your transfer speed
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:24:34 PM

it depends on multiple factors.
Which currency sending, how high network fee is set.
And of course who is sending this transaction.
LTC and BCH transactions are super fast. (not mentioning near-instant XRP)

iamMhew

Activity: 688
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:59:31 PM

usually it takes 2-3 minutes in ethereum, and i think it depends on the fees per tx. because if you want a lightning fast confirmation, of course change the fees into a high payment fees per transaction. but for me 10gwei is enough to receive and send tokens.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:18:36 PM

Bitcoin takes some hours or days. Ethereum takes less than 2 minute, rush hours, it takes maybe 1 hour or more... BTC has 7 TPS, ETH has 20TPS. Ripple has 1500 TPS, and a lot of coin has faster than all of them will be launched. It's up to type of coin.
That was when there is a huge rally and a lot of transfers over the network causing congestion. If you have made transfers recently, you will know how fast bitcoin has been and even if you now end up making a segwit transaction, then you will so much love bitcoin. I made a transaction yesterday and it only took 2 minutes to get 3 confirmations. However, like you said, it depends on coins, but it also depends on the scale they are being used at a particular point in time.

Normally, most altcoins since they are not being used on the large scale as much as bitcoin takes faster in transacting and anything more than 1 hour should start bringing some worries. Bitcoin on the other hand during network congestion and unluckily you ended up using a low fee, you may not even get your bitcoin in weeks and at times, it may need to be rebroadcasted later, but these days, it is just so sweet transacting.
mangkanor

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:21:29 PM

It is depends on the network congestions,like in ethereum 40% of the total transactions in the cryptocurrencies are coming from ethereum everyday that is why ethereum's transactions sometimes has a lot of delays,also it depends on the gas price you have use because the less gas you put the slower the transcation will be.

OrangeSeller

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:59:16 PM

its all depend on your fees per tx. because in MEW i am using 30gwei per transaction and it takes more or less 1 minute to be completed. meaning the more gwei you use, is to become more faster than the lowest one.
Not just fees really, as it all depends on the network congestion. If a network is overloaded, then there is a possibility of you ending up with high fees and it keeps getting more congested, it is just a precautionary measure used in preventing spamming of the network. However, in instances like this, even very low fees; you can get your account confirmed in a very short time before you even know it.
carlowell

Activity: 168

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 06:03:03 PM

It depends on the coin network. If it's Bitcoin then the fastest transaction speed is around 30 minutes for the expensive transaction fee and for the cheaper fee would the more than a couple of hours, otherwise, most altcoins do have the speed of
 Around 5 minutes and must of them will be lesser
than a minute.
If you still don't receive the transaction then wait for at least 24 hours.

Adrin

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:06:45 PM

If you want to transfer your money or if you want to withdraw your money so if you grow your gas price you can get very fast transaction or if you set your gas price is very low and don't 1 or two so it is too late if you want to very quick so you must grow your gas price and get instant money.
Revvo1

Activity: 272

"simply getting the job done"

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:09:49 PM

Many of my transactions recently have been largely on Eth, for me it usually takes up to some  minutes, the worst I have encountered was a 2hours delay. As someone else has indicated, these durations may have to change based on the coins in transaction.

Mycro Jobs
〈 SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE ⟩
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:10:55 PM

Which cryptocurrency? Almost cryptocurrency transaction just take about 5 - 10 minutes to complete if you pay enough transaction fee. But if you pay to little for transaction fee maybe it'll about days or maybe even weeks to be able to complete a transaction. There is a telegram group that help you know how much you should pay for transaction fee to make your transaction as fast as possible. I think you should try to use it Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: