Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:45:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1637 times)
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:10:23 AM

True, although the alts are helping bitcoins growth. And I agree with what the OP is saying, while bitcoin is evolving every year some altcoins are not that progressive as bitcoin but still use these alts the same way we use bitcoin. It is just that because of bitcoins popularity, altcoins tend to be treated as useless because people will most likely sell their altcoins to bitcoin.
Jannalsieh

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:14:39 AM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

If we put it that way, then alts are becoming not applicable in the exchanges or stores and people that accept it as payment.
But I believe businesses and other exchange centers may come to realize that bitcoin is not the only crypto that exist, that there are other succesful cryptos out there. What I'm saying is promotion is the best key or remedy for this for them to recognize the worth of alts.
dalesotpi

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:19:13 AM

Yeah, BTC has the most adaptation between the whole market, but... How long ago did you make a transaction with BTC and with ETH? If we compare fees there will be an obvious fact that BTC is far behind ETH in the matter of a payments cost.

Yes I agree, totally. Eth representing alts based on the argument of OP, is giving us an opportunity to understand that alts, especially Eth, is slowly gaining its footing against bitcoin. This is a testament of the potential of alts despite wide adoption of bicoin.
carrymentality

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:25:53 AM

You are actually wrong. Bitcoin has its uses, and many altcoins have a very different use case, tackling a very different real world problems. It is like comparing smartphones with beans, you cannot say one is better than the other. They just have different purposes.

I agree. Even if their is seemingly a lot of coins in the market, and it reached a point that it has become confusing now on where to invest. I think that each of them supports a different technology and is used for their own specific purposes apart from their similarities. I think many view altcoins that way because, compared to Bitcoin, its values remain low and some of them are not even rising significantly. However, it's just how the market works, not every asset will see the sun, and so, some of them would just keep its value at bay, while some of them, like Ethereum, would rise up. It gives Bitcoin competition, and during the times when the it is going down, these altcoins would be the key to holding and keeping the market moving forward.
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:13:12 PM

Bitcoin can not have other features of altcoin. Because bitcoin has been used for a long time. when new cryptop forms. So pricing is dependent on bitcoin. I believe in the future. Some altcoins will develop over bitcoin. wait for it
mahilchii

Activity: 560
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:20:59 PM

Nope, Bitcoin always drive the Alta when it goes up and reach to the moon, it never lets the Alta to be in same place or make it useless. Alta depends on their own potential and growth as well and it needs to show its full potential when bitcoin rises up and up. Alta are always the babies of bitcoin.

raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:32:19 PM

It can not be said that altcoins are useless. They strongly depend on bitcoin, but each altcoin has its own specific development, unlike bitcoin))
Is that not what then makes them useless. It simply means you cannot even rely on the sustainability of any alt without considering the movement of bitcoin in every way. It seems the market is generally centered on bitcoin and the altcoins are just more like distractions to make more money.

Check to see alts increase hugely now, and then you will see the rate they get dumped if there is a bear market or a huge bull market. However, it seems that is the trend, so one way or the other, I hope those with products may be able to do well on their own in the long run.
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:45:03 PM

maybe it can vice versa, altcoins making bitcoin useless.
alts have more features

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
ExBBBBB

Activity: 99

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 02:52:40 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

How would you increase your BTC size if you will not trade it with altcoins? The purpose ofcourse is to increase your Bitcoin size unless you are holding 1000 pcs of Bitcoin in your whatever wallet you are using. Bitcoin is gaining because there are new people incomng and they only know Bitcoin just like your before do you know altcoins when you started crypto?
Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:05:33 PM

don't know if BTC is making alts useless, some coins have actual real life application and are mode especially for one reason.

ok you can say that that is not a good thing. but the blockchain of btc can't be used for everything. i like the fact some development is made for real life problems. btc does not solve any real life problem except the banks

what do you mean that "bitcoin does not solve any real life problems but only bankings"?dont you know how many lives has been helped out by bitcoin?and dont you think it wasnt a real life problemif your talking about the service offered or the product by other coin,well they are offering now because of the presence of bitcoin
pokokeke

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:06:33 PM

I think what you say is wrong,
  because of the bitcoin that we can see some altcoin and this happens memnag because of the declining bitcoin so all altcoin also decreases beside that bitcoin has high potential so one day i sure will return as before.
market field

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:10:21 PM

I do not think so . Do you think how many people have the money to invest in bitcoin? alts is a good choice for beginners, and basically it promotes new ICO projects so why call it useless?
SexySexyYeah

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

Are you sure Bitcoin making alts useless and bitcoin has a development? Didn't you notice that fundamentally speaking ETH and NEO was really good than Bitcoin that's why there are a lots of ICOs out there are partnering with both of them because their technology are really good and their smart contracts. Well all of us have a different way of thinking.
D-Fault

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:39:09 PM

maybe it can vice versa, altcoins making bitcoin useless.
alts have more features

Bitcoin and any other altcoins are really different, it's no point in comparing them. Bitcoin suits for long-term investments only when the altcoins are suitable for daily trades and paying for something.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:15:30 PM

I'm sure that altcoins are very useful. They give us an excellent opportunity to earn. Some alto coins are much better than bitcoin technologically.
Well, when it comes to earning, we would not say they have not been very useful, but I would also say they have really been too reliant on bitcoin and with the fact that they respond to every movement of bitcoin and that makes it crazy, with the fact that they cannot stand on their own against fiat or otherwise makes holding them sometime useless and which is why the trend of them being pumped and dumped has become so rampant.

Yes, it is the way things are, so we have to live with it, understand it and use it to our advantage. Because the biggest concern is that bitcoin is highly established and most investors would rather prefer holding an established coin than a coin that obviously is just good enough for now for the profit. I really do not know why the market is like this for now, as every movement of alts are centered on bitcoin, but the thing is that as far as they make some of the long term holders some extra cash, no shit.

Over time, I believe those with products will stay relevant and we will be able to see some sustenance in their value while those who are basically useless will end up dead.
Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 05:50:52 PM

The presence of bitcoin does not render useless altoquin. Bitcoin and the main mass of altcoyins have completely different tasks. Bitcoin is a universal coin and is not able to perform those specific tasks that the tokens created during ICO perform.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 05:55:35 PM

Short term, Bitcoin will remain the most poplular Crypto, but over the course of the next 5-10 years, I see the market becoming very fragmented for the most part. THere will be many micro-marktets with their own currencies and any coin that can serve as a bridege between currencies should explode as the "Toll-Collector" currency

Check out Ark....

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Cool Cool

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
sparkystacey

Activity: 58
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:11:33 PM

Will bitcoin die is a different question than will bitcoin stay on top. Certainly, it has the strongest current community and the "its theirs to lose" ground in the market. But, it needs to keep up with innovation and demands. Being lazy, or too rigid in their design to innovate is the biggest danger. Just think about these few examples for precedence:

• Myspace had the same ground before Facebook stole it.
  • Blockbuster video had the same spot before Netflix innovated themselves ahead of them.
  • Barnes & Noble sat on top before Amazon blew past them.

BTC needs to continue to innovate and show trusted leader advantage. Otherwise there is plenty of room for something like Cardano or Litecoin (and many others) to come in and show their on top. Also, if a big country like China comes out with a currency that is backed by banks and fiat, its game over for any of these options as the free flow for money and spending will trump technological advantages.

Provide Technologies: Pioneering the decentralized platform as a service (dPaaS)—the blockchain acceleration platform. Https://provide.services
greenpath

Activity: 178

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:20:39 PM

Even bitcoin makes the alts useless, still bitcoin needs the alts. Bitcoin is not alone in the battle. There are alts that support the strength and domain of bitcointo altcoins. I do believe that alts will help bitcoin more popularity in everyday.
wirgaz

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:26:23 PM

Is bitcoin going to be instant and free like XRB? No.

Is bitcoin going to support smart contracts like ETH and NEO? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you for holding it like NEO, VEN, XLM? No.

Is bitcoin going to pay you exchange dividends like KCS and COSS? No.

Is bitcoin going to be completely anonymous like XMR? No.

Is bitcoin going to have the business partnerships of VEN, ICX, WTC, REG, OMG?

Lightning network will it make it a bit faster and a bit cheaper. There's a hell of a lot more to blockchain technology than being a bit faster and a bit cheaper.

what a great answer, this is the kind of quality posts i expect to see in this forum, thanks for taking the time

DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! ⚡ (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1675037)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: