Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:04:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin making alts useless  (Read 1636 times)
shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:33:16 AM

i see NO! ALT are independent from BTC it has its own value and purpose... some altcoin are now slowly climbing up to the ladder of success and use as payment method..

Yes you are right in your idea not all altcoin are independent to bitcoin there still a project that have its own purpose that why its created and introduced to the market but because of btc pair most altcoin are falling down after what happen to bitcoin.
Shikamaru

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:55:11 AM

If we talk about usability, maybe everyone agrees that bitcoin gets the biggest daily transaction. But a platform is built to fine-tune the issue of bitcoin, and the most obvious problem is time and cost. Maybe the time buck is not for a moment, but in the future bitcoin will just be a symbol instead, the coin chosen for the means of payment.
eriwis

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:29:43 AM

I think people accept bitcoin not because of its function, but because of its strong brand. Maybe this time it happens but if a transaction becomes a common thing, then the cheaper with the same function or even better, would be more widely used.
tannerchum

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

Semi-Decentralized Exchange

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:36:47 AM

Even if we don't put Bitcoin into the arguement most of these so called ALtcoins are useless and I pity some people because they will wake up one day and see that they Altcoin stash worth close to Zero. The level of investment in Bitcoin is so big and this can't be rival by any ALtcoin projects so far

It is not useless nor no function because each altcoin has its own function amd usage. People wants to make everything easy they don't look after for the result. Bitcoin is different from altcoin they really differ from each other. Bitcoin has the higher value and bitcoin is known all over the world. It is difficult to have a competition in different areas.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
culberth

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:48:29 AM

I think you right, but there is some Alt function
- Make crypto world more known by world wide
- Make Bitcoin gain his popularity
- To shown that crypto not just bitcoin
- As a place to get job for some people
- As place to make money from investments.
congchua102

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:09:29 PM

But btc and alts have two drastically different purposes. With btc being way more expensive for one, so I wouldn't say that btc makes alts useless. It all depends on your requirements and what you're looking for.
Greenrace

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:17:15 PM

I think bitcoin and altcoin have a good relationship so both will need each other and can not stand alone so if bitcoin grow then altcoin will also grow

Moeda

Activity: 1585
Merit: 271

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 02:17:25 PM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?

I agree with what you say. If we see the development of Bitcoin so quickly, it seems as if making Alt coins is useless. But, Alt coin can affect the selling value of Bitcoin which is more expensive. The more Alt appears the more it takes bitcoin, because alt's exchange with BTC. Complete each other.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
susutao83

Activity: 55

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:29:30 AM

Instead Ethereum, NEO, LiteCoin and other top altcoins are far way better than Bitcoin especially in terms of transaction speed.
Bitcoin is just the first of its kind but it does not mean it would always be the only Crypto that could lead the crypto market.
ReadyPlayer1

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:31:28 AM

Instead Ethereum, NEO, LiteCoin and other top altcoins are far way better than Bitcoin especially in terms of transaction speed.
Bitcoin is just the first of its kind but it does not mean it would always be the only Crypto that could lead the crypto market.

I'm getting very bullish about decred.

I think this coin is an *actual* BTC competitor. Love to governance aspect to it and you have to love the dev team.

I'd be surprised if it didn't get close to $1,000 in the next few years.
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 01:57:03 PM

I don't think bitcoin is a proxy for the world, but I don't agree that it makes Altcoins useless. Most Altcoins can solve many problems. But bitcoin can't be solved. We cannot see who is useful or useless just from the change in price.

Cool comment. Proxy of the world... Yes, I agree with you - Bitcoin is certainly great but the altcoins are also needed. Trading alts, you can make the better profit than trading BTC. Additionally, these coins are faster.
lalatao74

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:21:11 AM

Thats completly not truth, bitcoin makes altcoins stronger cause it is the reason why so many people even come in cryptoworld, all knows bitcoin as main of that all   
wong tsu gieh

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:55:16 AM

Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency now, he is the progenitor of cryptocurrency. But bitcoin technology is obsolete. There are many promising altcoins with fast and inexpensive transactions now. Not all altcoins are useless Wink

I think it's not because bitcoin also requires altcoin and what would happen if altcoin without bitcoin because I know these two coins need each other because now that I know bitcoin is decreasing and altcoin is recovering and with recovery, I currently expect bitcoin also to rise like altcoin
Bostonias

Activity: 97

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:05:43 AM

We probably have multiple alts that one could consider as better version of bitcoin but as you're noticing, bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin success so what I'm referring to here is the the number of ATMs, exchanges, stores, services, and people accepting it.

So even If we have some people using alts currently because they believe they are better then bitcoin (which may be true), bitcoin is evolving and the development is super active and exciting times are coming. I honestly believe that this make alts useless (say, by the end of the year), your thoughts?
This is the problem about having many cryptocurrencies in the market. They think they are in competition with each other. Personally I think it is a good thing that some incompetent and failing ICOs get kicked out of the market. This makes the industry not too saturated and gives way for better ICOs to come and showcase their coins. Furthermore, altcoins are becoming big right now. Though it's a gradual process, it still a good sign of altcoins having a face in this industry.
It's not that much of a bad thing in that point of view. Bitcoin was designed and published before all the other coins were built so if they have a high price then the price of Bitcoin will increase.
mrclark

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:05:46 PM

Bitcoin was dessigned and published before all the other coins were built so if the have a high price then the price of Bitcoin will increass Bitcoin is gaining more popularity and a fast growth. The price is not a measure of a coin suecess so what I m referring to here is the number of ATMs, stores exenanges services and people acepting it. The enistence of all made bitcoin face competition.
TrakaisPertikis

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:52:28 PM

Well everyone started to accept bitcoin as payment solution long ago but businesses only now see that its possibility to receive more if market goes up. I hold sibcoin and community already are working to popularize so some of the stores start using it as payment. But there isn't any stable coin so i think this idea could die out.
sophiawhite

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:53:21 PM

I'm sure it will change eventually if Bitcoin doesn't sort itself out.
takenprot

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:02:01 PM

I think you are actually wrong. Bitcoin has its uses, and many altcoins have very different use cases, tackling very different real-world problems. Maybe you can not say one better than others. But the level of investment in Bitcoin is huge and this cannot be matched by the ALtcoin project so far this

kokobaba880

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 05:19:02 AM

Bitcoin is the crypto currency and it is not an obstacle in the altcoins the use of altcoins are more than bitcoin now a days many new companies have used alts for their advertisement on social media and for investment as well.

firstsnow839

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:30:20 PM

But btc and alts have two drastically different purposes. With btc being way more expensive for one, so I wouldn't say that btc makes alts useless. It all depends on your requirements and what you're looking for.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: