Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 03:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Failed to read block, and no, "-checklevel=2" doesn't help..  (Read 777 times)
kerubi (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:34:32 AM

Updated to latest 0.8.4 client, get that "failed to read block error" no matter what. Tried going back 0.8.3,0.8.1 even.

Adding -checklevel=2 in the shortcut or bitcoin.conf doesn't help. My SSD HDD is working fine.

So what gives?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 05:37:28 AM

could you post a screenshot of you modified shortcut settings? I did it and it works just fine

edit: does it look like this?

Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 06:14:57 AM

Isn't it supposed to be "--checklevel=2", with 2 dashes? I'm not sure if it matters though, and the config file doesn't need dashes, so that's probably not your problem (but is worth a try).

Also, the transaction causing that bug is now far enough down that it doesn't trigger the error anymore even without that command, though forcing a rescan might still do it.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
kerubi (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:46:10 PM

Yes, my shortcut is exactly like that, tried both --checklevel=2 and -checklevel=2.

And in my C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Bitcoin\bitcoin.conf I have these lines:
checklevel=2
dbcache=3000

Still now "failed to read data" right after starting, syncs perhaps two weeks of data. Tried deleting db, antivirus off, etc.
Dare

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2013, 09:21:04 PM

Have you tried backing up your wallet and reinstalling 0.8.4?

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
kerubi (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:28:32 PM

Well, now it is syncing.. after multiple restarts and database deletions, the only thing I could pin this on was quite a strange thing.. If I clicked the client window active, it would fail to read block. If I would not touch it, it very slowly synced. So I let it run all night and it slowly made progress. Now it seems to work even if I click the window. Strange, all I can say Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: