Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:54:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: best romantic movie you watched  (Read 3918 times)
faiza1990 (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:08:01 AM

Just completing 1 month here on this site and happy that now I am member of this community so want to start something different all members give your feedbacks  Cheesy Huh

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
saif313

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:18:03 AM

I don't like romantic movies I like war and horror movies  Cheesy

qwertyGuy

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:21:23 AM

Titanic, I saw it 5x  Cheesy
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:28:39 AM

turner and hooch..... never gets old  Roll Eyes
emisi

Activity: 300

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:24:29 AM

Titanic, I saw it 5x  Cheesy

+1

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:38:48 AM

i recommend twilight
i have not watched it myself, but i'm sure you romantics will hate love it
FirstAscent

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:01:40 PM

You guys are amateurs, seriously!

In the Mood for Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kRQqksluZk

A clip from Three Times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yineLp1brrI

A clip from 2046: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRfPF3tLIGQ

And while I can't find a clip from Mikio Naruse's Yearning, I can offer up a montage of some shots that a fan included in a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSLKCLv-7bI
Oldgamer

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:26:40 PM

Piano

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 06:54:10 PM

Piano

Explain why. Or try and include clips.

Now, I totally forgot about Chungking Express. Check out this brilliant clip from the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqHAPgB494
Luno

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:03:13 PM

Piano

Now, I totally forgot about Chungking Express. Check out this brilliant clip from the film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBqHAPgB494

A love scene clip does not show how good the acting is.

Romantic Asian movies South Korean "wind struck" (exists in an American remake I don't know the title of)
And the Japanese "My girlfriend is a cyborg". Both made me, a grown man, cry!
pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:04:42 PM

The Princess Bride

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 07:34:39 PM

Piano

A love scene clip does not show how good the acting is.

Romantic Asian movies South Korean "wind struck" (exists in an American remake I don't know the title of)
And the Japanese "My girlfriend is a cyborg". Both made me, a grown man, cry!

I wasn't trying to show you how good the acting was. I was trying to introduce people to the movie. Go watch it.
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:06:32 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2013, 08:19:36 PM by hlynur

The trilogy "Before Sunrise", "Before Sunset" & "Before Midnight" directed by Richard Linklater

as mentioned before movies by Wong Kar Wai (2046, In the Mood for Love, Chungking Express, Fallen Angels)

"Last Life in the Universe" by Ratanaruang Pen-Ek (Thailand)

"Bin Jip" by Kim Ki-duk (Southkorea/Japan)

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 08:29:49 PM

The trilogy "Before Sunrise", "Before Sunset" & "Before Midnight" directed by Richard Linklater

as mentioned before movies by Wong Kar Wai (2046, In the Mood for Love, Chungking Express, Fallen Angels)

Now we're getting somewhere. Someone else chimes in with Wong Kar-Wai. Excellent.

I liked Last Life in the Universe as well. Not on the same level as Wong Kar-Wai's stuff. Most people here don't have a clue about Wong Kar-Wai, and yet amongst cinephiles, his movies are way way up there.

Did you see Days of Being Wild? How about Three Times?
hlynur

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 09:56:22 PM

Now we're getting somewhere. Someone else chimes in with Wong Kar-Wai. Excellent.

I liked Last Life in the Universe as well. Not on the same level as Wong Kar-Wai's stuff. Most people here don't have a clue about Wong Kar-Wai, and yet amongst cinephiles, his movies are way way up there.

yea, kar-wai's movies are really a class of their own in the way how they are directed. (his style also seems to be more accessible for western people. i don't how to describe it, but it's something with how he arranges scenes or cuts them, or the plot is build up)
Unfortunately I have neither seen "Days of being wild" or "Three times". i put them right up my list  Smiley.
I have watched a lot of asian movies after seeing "Oldboy" in the cinema some years ago. (big Park Chan-wook fan since)
But I haven't kept track of the asian moviescene for the last 5 years so I'm sure I missed out a lot of stuff...have to do some backlog in the future.

some of my favourite asian movies: (sorry for OT, so not all romantic but have to spread this stuff   Wink)

Stratosphere Girl (mixed european-japanese crew with german director, it's in my asian section anyway)
Save the green Planet
Monday
Séom - The Island
Bittersweet Life
Ploy
Haze
Vital
Kikujiro's summer
Tampopo
"Xich Lo" aka "Cyclo"

and of couse the revenge trilogy by park chan-wook (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance)

zubelutte

Activity: 129

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 10:31:23 PM

Bit older movie, but I like When Harry Met Sally
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:49:06 AM

Bit older movie, but I like When Harry Met Sally

No need to defend a movie that is old, especially when it really isn't old. The important thing is to recommend movies that are good. I don't believe I've actually watched that one, so I'm not saying one thing or another about the film. Have you seen Mikio Naruse's Floating Clouds?
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:52:56 AM

Pulp Fiction
hlynur

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:56:54 AM

another old one: "Harold and Maude" (1971)

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 01:57:49 AM

yea, kar-wai's movies are really a class of their own in the way how they are directed. (his style also seems to be more accessible for western people. i don't how to describe it, but it's something with how he arranges scenes or cuts them, or the plot is build up)
Unfortunately I have neither seen "Days of being wild" or "Three times". i put them right up my list  Smiley.
I have watched a lot of asian movies after seeing "Oldboy" in the cinema some years ago. (big Park Chan-wook fan since)
But I haven't kept track of the asian moviescene for the last 5 years so I'm sure I missed out a lot of stuff...have to do some backlog in the future.

some of my favourite asian movies: (sorry for OT, so not all romantic but have to spread this stuff   Wink)

Stratosphere Girl (mixed european-japanese crew with german director, it's in my asian section anyway)
Save the green Planet
Monday
Séom - The Island
Bittersweet Life
Ploy
Haze
Vital
Kikujiro's summer
Tampopo
"Xich Lo" aka "Cyclo"

and of couse the revenge trilogy by park chan-wook (Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance)

Yes, in a thread like this, Wong Kar-Wai's films are the definitive films to be listed at the top. His films are poetic and existential masterpieces on love and longing.

That bears repeating: Wong Kar-Wai's films are poetic and existential masterpieces on love and longing.

Days of Being Wild is the first in Wong Kar-Wai's loose trilogy, comprised of Days of Being Wild, In the Mood for Love and 2046. Three Times is a film from the Taiwan New Wave director Hou Hsiao-hsien. The film is composed of three segments, the first of which is absolutely beautiful. See the very beginning of it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqhLDTxODhY

Speaking of the Taiwan New Wave, and perhaps a smidgeon off topic, have you seen Edward Yang's Yi Yi? Now that's a masterpiece! I've also seen The Terrorizers from him, which is really good. But I so much want to see what is supposed to be his true masterpiece, A Brighter Summer Day. Film critic Tony Rayns says Yang's Taipei Story is excellent as well. See the trailer for Yi Yi here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6tSorwYqw

Stay tuned for a few more Asian film recommendations...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: