Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 12:35:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinning the herd, strengthening whats left.  (Read 256 times)
zerberr (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:40:04 AM

Well, since many people are showing their portfolios I thought I might ask for advise too..

So here it is. I deliberately stay away from most of "established" coins like ETH DASH and so on..
I did some research on them, and pretty much every coin there has a strong fanbase of strong believers. However I feel that 50+ coins is a bit too much, and wondering, what would be better to get rid of, and what is better to buy for funds obtained from that sale..

NEBL - 19%
SC - 10%
CRDS - roughly 10% (not available in Blockfolio)
XEM - 9.5%
DCN - 9.5%
COSS - 5.8%
STEEM - 3.10%
WAVES - 3%
CHC - 2.3%
XMR - 2.3%
TRX - 2.2% (will be gone as soon as price hits anywhere close at where I stupidbought them)
ONION - 1.9%
ZCL - 1.7%
XRP - 1.65% (same as TRX)
DAT - 1.6%
LUX - 1.5%
XSPEC - 1.33%
ETC - 1.3%
ADA - 1.2%
LSK - 1.1%
ICX - 1.1%
ARDR - 1.1%
HVN NAS LTC BAY VEN FCT IOT XCPO SHIFT PRL PIVX UNIFY XBY XLM XRB NLG OAX VTC DIME BCD (stupid buy @70$) TEL ATL ELIX STRAT ARK ANT - below 1%

Which coins would you personally get rid of\strengthen positions?

NEBL COSS and DCN were obtained on ICO (most profitable investments so far). I had over 35% of NEBL in portfolio, sold some of them for others.

Thanks everyone in advance Smiley
pikatju

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

https://wallet.merit.me/?invite=Pikachu

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:17:23 AM

Why dont you get some BTC and ETH? It is great to hold these during red periods like this. It definitely strengthens your overall portfolio.

damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:32:23 AM

50+ coins is indeed a lot, you will eventually end up copying whole crypto market performance.

Personally, I would get rid of the whole position of SC as I don't see any upside potential there. XRP is also negative for me (high supply, heavily centralized coin). On the other hand, I would strenghten SHIFT and ARDOR and STRAT as these are all long term picks for me  Wink
fraidycat19

Activity: 187
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:01:15 AM

Get rid of SC because I expect a drop in the next 6 months since the first ASICs are going in.
I would buy more STRAT because ICOs are starting there also. Get some more ETH as I think would replace BTC as trading pair.
Get some ZCL asap as a fork is due on 28th Feb. resulting in some cool BTCPrivate.

PS: Love you NEBL position, wish i could buy more Sad
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:39:25 AM

that is a lot of altcoins you are bagholding, i mean invested in Cheesy

and you say you are staying away from established coins with big fan base or whatever but you still have coins in your list like XRP, XMR, and even ETC!
then also you have coins that are already pumped and there probably is no more profit left to make out of them like TRX.

i think your list needs a serious cleaning up. probably drop at least 10 of them which you have less faith in their pumps.

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
zerberr (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:22:05 AM

i think your list needs a serious cleaning up. probably drop at least 10 of them which you have less faith in their pumps.

Yeah, that's indeed what I'm trying to do. TRX are gone as soon as price rises, same with XRP.
As for the rest.. You know, it's like cleaning a garage or gun safe. Just can't get myself to get rid of something )) It took a while to find "the best" coins out there, and it was going for some time until there was too many. Now I just can't decide what of them are not the best ))

As for SC - ASICs are already there (Antminers A3). Early Obelisk buyers are angry as hell. I was considering this too, but luckily didn't buy.

So.. thinking to get rid of BAY IOT ARK ANT.. bought Iota recently, but looks like just got into more problems.
Maybe reduce some XEM? I was also thinking about selling some more NEBL too, but now not sure ))

Also unsure about NLG and XLM.

On the other hand, almost every coin there was bought because.. you kknow, usual things - "great team, grossly undervalued, moon coin, HODL and be glad"..

Choices, choices...
zerberr (OP)

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 10:39:49 PM

welp, did some thinning. 99.99% in Credits (CS) now.

Some trace amounts of DGB and SC (from ongoing mining, being converted to CS as well)
damberg

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:21:10 PM

welp, did some thinning. 99.99% in Credits (CS) now.

Some trace amounts of DGB and SC (from ongoing mining, being converted to CS as well)

Thumbs up for follow-up. You have made some radical thinning there, it is very bold move. I hope CS will perform well. Btw. what made you to invest in CS?
zerberr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:39:34 AM

Thumbs up for follow-up. You have made some radical thinning there, it is very bold move. I hope CS will perform well. Btw. what made you to invest in CS?

Thanks )

As for "why CS" - well, they claim some very fascinating things (for instance the whole telegram channel is now holding breath for video proof of 300000 transactions per second on their alpha version. Video should come out today).  Team seems to deliver. Lots of real work that doesn't appear to be a scam. Two advisors from IBM, one of them is director of IBM blockchain lab (Nitin Gaur). Recent appearance on blockchain conference in China, where they presented CS (and also they were a bronze sponsor).
So it's WAY to complicated for a scam, I'm assured it's real deal. My only concern that if they don't deliver what's promised, but that's the valid concern for any other project.

So all in all my faith in CS was growing since my first glance at them.

Another reason is.. well, "all or nothing". Having $100 here, $300 there is kinda meh, eve if it's in 40-50 projects. It just gets unmanageable, and if something is mooning it's way too easy to miss, and gains are not that big. Sure it's nice to make $10k off $100 (DCN, for instance, although I was too hesitant to sell all at peak), bit million from 10k is way better )
I believe CS has great poential. If team delivers it can easily replace NEO, wipe out EOS and ADA, and even threaten ETH.

And if it fails - well, i still will have couple of asics, some ICO tokens that are not trading yet, and will learn pretty bitter lesson Smiley
hase0278

Activity: 882
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:03:26 AM

Well, since many people are showing their portfolios I thought I might ask for advise too..

So here it is. I deliberately stay away from most of "established" coins like ETH DASH and so on..
I did some research on them, and pretty much every coin there has a strong fanbase of strong believers. However I feel that 50+ coins is a bit too much, and wondering, what would be better to get rid of, and what is better to buy for funds obtained from that sale..

NEBL - 19%
SC - 10%
CRDS - roughly 10% (not available in Blockfolio)
XEM - 9.5%
DCN - 9.5%
COSS - 5.8%
STEEM - 3.10%
WAVES - 3%
CHC - 2.3%
XMR - 2.3%
TRX - 2.2% (will be gone as soon as price hits anywhere close at where I stupidbought them)
ONION - 1.9%
ZCL - 1.7%
XRP - 1.65% (same as TRX)
DAT - 1.6%
LUX - 1.5%
XSPEC - 1.33%
ETC - 1.3%
ADA - 1.2%
LSK - 1.1%
ICX - 1.1%
ARDR - 1.1%
HVN NAS LTC BAY VEN FCT IOT XCPO SHIFT PRL PIVX UNIFY XBY XLM XRB NLG OAX VTC DIME BCD (stupid buy @70$) TEL ATL ELIX STRAT ARK ANT - below 1%

Which coins would you personally get rid of\strengthen positions?

NEBL COSS and DCN were obtained on ICO (most profitable investments so far). I had over 35% of NEBL in portfolio, sold some of them for others.

Thanks everyone in advance Smiley

This is just my advice but get rid of those I marked red, as you have profited a lot in it so far(according to your post). Try to convert those back into btc and hold it, IMO you need to hedge into btc for now since it's price is down and is a good opportunity to buy. Also, try to get rid of those I have marked lime green if you have profited in them already, it is better to take profit in them now than later.
zerberr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:21:12 AM

This is just my advice but get rid of those I marked red, as you have profited a lot in it so far(according to your post). Try to convert those back into btc and hold it, IMO you need to hedge into btc for now since it's price is down and is a good opportunity to buy. Also, try to get rid of those I have marked lime green if you have profited in them already, it is better to take profit in them now than later.

Thank you for your reply. It's not very relevant atm as I'm all in CS as said in previous message. I noted your point of getting oou of already mooned coin. Solid advise, wish I had it in January )

damberg

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:58:27 AM

Thanks )

As for "why CS" - well, they claim some very fascinating things (for instance the whole telegram channel is now holding breath for video proof of 300000 transactions per second on their alpha version. Video should come out today).  Team seems to deliver. Lots of real work that doesn't appear to be a scam. Two advisors from IBM, one of them is director of IBM blockchain lab (Nitin Gaur). Recent appearance on blockchain conference in China, where they presented CS (and also they were a bronze sponsor).
So it's WAY to complicated for a scam, I'm assured it's real deal. My only concern that if they don't deliver what's promised, but that's the valid concern for any other project.

So all in all my faith in CS was growing since my first glance at them.

Another reason is.. well, "all or nothing". Having $100 here, $300 there is kinda meh, eve if it's in 40-50 projects. It just gets unmanageable, and if something is mooning it's way too easy to miss, and gains are not that big. Sure it's nice to make $10k off $100 (DCN, for instance, although I was too hesitant to sell all at peak), bit million from 10k is way better )
I believe CS has great poential. If team delivers it can easily replace NEO, wipe out EOS and ADA, and even threaten ETH.

And if it fails - well, i still will have couple of asics, some ICO tokens that are not trading yet, and will learn pretty bitter lesson Smiley

I see. It is obvious that CS is far from being scam. The rhetorical question is if CS can rise more than other large marketcap coins so you can outperform the whole crypto market .. Good luck  Wink
zerberr (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:02:41 PM

I see. It is obvious that CS is far from being scam. The rhetorical question is if CS can rise more than other large marketcap coins so you can outperform the whole crypto market .. Good luck  Wink

Thank you )

So far CS seen sharp spike in interest after their released video, which showed 488000 transaction per second. Moved to 134th place by CM (from 154th), and apparently achieved highest gain in price.

(video is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS_Z41r4sCs )
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: