Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:48:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling 2 Cloudhashing Platinum 20Ghz 2year Contracts TAKING BEST OFFER  (Read 5809 times)
dextryn (OP)

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2013, 05:47:01 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2013, 11:13:34 PM by dextryn

$900 each.  I have 2 available.

*Edit - ebay auction http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=281166498330

Just updated the eBay pricing $1500 buy it now
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:47:17 AM

Any more information you can provide please? Like how many bits you're receiving per two week period? Will the transfer be formal and the new owner be registered directly with Cloudhashing? I'm assuming that the two year contract has already commenced and that it started in September 2013? If so, you're just starting it and now you're selling it, any reason you can share why?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:50:16 AM

$900 each.  I have 2 available.

May I know the reason for selling?
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:10:43 AM

I'm selling because frankly I'd rather have my money back as I need it sooner rather than later.  So I'll have to bite the bullet and get a little less from the deal.
It hasn't started yet, they promised it would by mid-end of September.  Right now the estimate is 2-5k per contract, per year.  If that holds up you could get  a fantastic return on your investment.

The transfer is easy, I just give you the username and password and we're pretty much done.  All you have to do is put in your bitcoin address and that's it.
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:28:24 PM

I'd also like to note that I don't think I can split these up very easily.  Since they're both tied to my account I'm pretty sure I'd have to just package them both together.  Regardless, if you've been interested in purchasing a cloudhashing contract it's like making $200 on the deal as opposed to buying it directly from the site.
I'm open to doing a quick escrow as well, but it will be such a quick exchange I'm not sure it would be that necessary.  Your call though.

Apparently I've heard they're almost out of September contracts and if that happens I'll probably change my offer as they won't be readily available anymore.
pacojones

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 04:38:18 PM

These contracts are seriously overpriced - they are basing the return on a network hash rate of 450 but it's 908 RIGHT NOW - and paying $900 for 20 G is about $45/gh - you'd be crazy to pay this now because you can buy hardware for $15/G and use it for as long as you want!!  3 months ago these would have looked good, but not any longer...  Sorry for the bad news but people would be better off buying BTCBTC directly!

btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2013, 04:53:49 PM

werent they exposed as a scam a while ago?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:05:35 PM

These contracts are seriously overpriced - they are basing the return on a network hash rate of 450 but it's 908 RIGHT NOW - and paying $900 for 20 G is about $45/gh - you'd be crazy to pay this now because you can buy hardware for $15/G and use it for as long as you want!!  3 months ago these would have looked good, but not any longer...  Sorry for the bad news but people would be better off buying BTCBTC directly!

While I appreciate your concern on the matter, this isn't a discussion on whether or not you think the return will be worth it or not.  With these contracts you don't have to worry about buying hardware, setting it up, monitoring it, etc.  You just by the contract, and get paid every two weeks.  Even if the expected return of half of what they are estimating you'll could still make over 1k a year.  That's over a 100% return on your investment.  I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

Also, you might be forgetting that they have a revenue re-investment program built into the service.  Part of the btc you generate will go back into buying more efficient equipment, thus increasing your hashrate.  So really, 20ghz isn't for the entire length of the contract.  It's just what it starts at. 
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 05:06:34 PM

werent they exposed as a scam a while ago?

They're not a scam, they are actively paying out btc for those who bought July contracts.
dbbit

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 06:59:33 PM

Even if the expected return of half of what they are estimating you'll could still make over 1k a year.  That's over a 100% return on your investment.  I'd say that's a pretty good deal.

It's not going to be half of what they said. It's going to be one tenth.

They say 2000 to 3000 THS by September 2014. We will reach that in October 2013. KNC alone is releasing enough hardware this month to get us up there.

Add Hashfast, Cointerra, BitFury, ASICMiner, Alydian and we're at 12000 THS by end of this year. That will easily be between 20000 and 30000 by September 2014.

Over 2 years, using the most optimistic projections, and assuming no other manufacturers is ever coming out with ASIC hardware ever again (so BFL doesn't ship anything etc.), you can earn a max of $600 total from a 20 ghs miner.
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 07:43:32 PM

It's not going to be half of what they said. It's going to be one tenth.

They say 2000 to 3000 THS by September 2014. We will reach that in October 2013. KNC alone is releasing enough hardware this month to get us up there.

Add Hashfast, Cointerra, BitFury, ASICMiner, Alydian and we're at 12000 THS by end of this year. That will easily be between 20000 and 30000 by September 2014.

Over 2 years, using the most optimistic projections, and assuming no other manufacturers is ever coming out with ASIC hardware ever again (so BFL doesn't ship anything etc.), you can earn a max of $600 total from a 20 ghs miner.

Once again you are not taking into account the reinvestment portion of the contract.  They have already doubled my contract from the initial time I ordered it and they have promised to upgrade everyone again once they receive the miners in september. 

I understand you have your own opinion, but if you're just here to start an argument and you have no interest in purchasing the contracts then I'll kindly ask you to leave this thread.
dbbit

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:04:39 AM

Once again you are not taking into account the reinvestment portion of the contract.  They have already doubled my contract from the initial time I ordered it and they have promised to upgrade everyone again once they receive the miners in september. 

I understand you have your own opinion, but if you're just here to start an argument and you have no interest in purchasing the contracts then I'll kindly ask you to leave this thread.

Their re-investment portion is 35% of your earnings. So e.g. let's say you earn $600, then 35% of that is $210. You say that you can earn $2000 in 2 years, so Cloudhashing will be able to build that $210 re-investment into $1390. Yeah, no. There is not a single model using any piece of even imaginary hardware on any horizon that will support that kind of growth. Not even compounded. (Don't say "well, if BTC value grows" - then just go buy BTC).

But anyway, I don't actually want to argue with you - you're welcome to publish your own predictions and models, and I mine, and they're just opinions that can be taken or ignored. So if you say their 35% reinvestment can create real growth, I can't say for certain that you're wrong. You might just be right.

HOWEVER, I do have a SERIOUS problem with Cloudhashing that is selling a service and making a promise based on data that is so out of date that at this point they're just outright lying.

Seriously, to date they are publishing predictions of "450 THS" for September 2013 on their web site. We're at double that already - anybody can look that up! They're basically marketing their service at people who don't know any better. In my book this makes them no better than an eBay scammer.

If they really do have a valid offering they should at the very least update to the current reality, give a realistic outlook, and then give a business plan on how they plan to grow your investment in the face of incoming difficulty changes. I suspect that they don't do this because they can't.
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 06:21:19 PM

Added best offer and ebay auction.
OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 11:49:33 PM

Good luck with the sale and thanks for all the information you've provided. I hope you get a good price.

For those people who want to argue about the pros and cons of hardware, contracts and the like, here is a thread probably worth looking at:

"Topic: If you're thinking buying mining hardware, read this first  (Read 54165 times)"
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=6566.240

You'll see that all things considered, contracts are not to be categorically rejected. In fact, some can offer good ROI, so it really pays to do your homework and work out what is right for you.

This thread here is an opportunity to get in on a couple of Cloudhashing contracts and if you've read the whole thread, you'll see the OP is very reasonable to deal with and will no doubt be happy to answer any questions you might have. But give the OP a break, they can do without the axe-grinding, sharpen your angst somewhere else please.

dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:14:25 PM

Updated eBay auction.  Reduced pricing.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 08:12:43 AM

Updated eBay auction.  Reduced pricing.

Good luck with trying to sell these. I don't think you will get many offers at your current price unfortunately.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:17:33 PM

I'll offer $850 total (so for both). I realize this is far below the asking price and you can completely disregard it, but if you need money right away, this is a way. It's a really long contract with reinvestments (costing a lot of money) and quite some unknowns (risk) so I really need to add sufficient discounting to feel safe.
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 03:24:45 PM

Sorry, that's just too low for me, however, thanks for the offer.
dextryn (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 04:07:55 PM

Contracts sold to Moz.  Great seller, quick response.  Thanks all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: