Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:25:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, ETH difficulty went ballistic.  (Read 1219 times)
Oakey22

Activity: 488
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:04:58 PM

Probably some new cards coming online that are a lot faster hashrate. We will see the diff keep increasing as time goes on. It will never drop back down
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:09:04 PM

so many new miners joined after recent crypto prices spike and now trying to optimize their profits with price decline. I wouldn't be surprised if the amount of new miners calms down and the difficulty settles

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
Stoukie

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:21:49 PM

There are a lot of more profitable coins than ETH (mining with AMD)

Well at least for me WhatToMine shows ETH as the most profitable for my RX480.
Are we talking about coins which aren't listed at WhatToMine (yet) and could you mention an example?

Regards,
Nestade

If you want to make a bit more money from mining, forget whattomine Wink. Cannot give away any coins, sorry Tongue, but use coinmarketcap and filter out non-minable.

4chan/biz can also be a nice place to stumble upon a nice coin Grin Grin Grin

so i went to coinmarket camp and filtered out non-mineable, what now please?  Roll Eyes i cam see long list of coins

Well, now you start the research Grin

Good day guys, I'm also quite new to mining been doing allot of alts trading before I decided to generate coins instead of buying them... I'm not expecting to be spoon fed on the matter but would like to know your approach when doing research, for trading the trick was buying low and selling high, buying the rumour and selling the news, buying a coin with a solid team behind it as it starts out in the hope that other people will also share your thoughts and in the process increase its value.

Now with mining same as with trading you obviously not targeting the most popular coins as they are popular because they are overbought, now in mining terms this is where difficulty comes in as I understand, global difficulty to solve a block and pool difficulty when it comes to handing out shares... Hope I'm still on track...

Is the general consensus with mining to target ‘up and coming’ coins? The problem I find with those coins are the pools are so small they never solve a block and thus never distribute the rewards or in some cases the mining software setup is a nightmare as it is not mainstream…

I’m not expecting anyone to disclose any coin names here but would appreciate a little elaboration on the word ‘research’ please, if you feel an open public forum is not the place to disclose state secrets like this please send me a PM and we can discuss, I’m willing to be part of a group, part of a community doing my part, so not looking for free information.
iwosh

Activity: 280
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 01:38:10 PM

Probably some new cards coming online that are a lot faster hashrate. We will see the diff keep increasing as time goes on. It will never drop back down

It will, because more and more people will mine lesser known altcoins with the hope they will grow big time. ETH is a safe bet in the cryptospace. Will it grow in a long term? yes. But it probably wont skyrocket and multiply its value.
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 02:57:33 PM

Up over 4% within 24h.

Used to mine ETH as foundation to cover the electric bill and then switch to speculative coins. Seems like I have to mine speculative either way what makes me uncomfortable.

What coins can keep a certain level of profitability in medium term w/o large swings?

Good Resources are

https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator
https://whattomine.com/coins

I also found the benchmark for nemo or megaminer was very cool.

good luck.

Very bad advices Wink
The problem is the only research some people do is , type some numbers into a profit calculators ... and expecting a stable monthly income , and if that income going to get lower day by day what they saw in those calculators , they coming to the forum and starting to cry : WHY MY PROFIT IS MUCH LESS THAN THIS AND THAT PROFIT CALCULATOR TOLD ME  , WHY MY EARNED COINS ARE LESS AND LESS DAY BY DAY ...

Doing a research on coins to mine, is must to be more than just use any online profit calculators... You have to see whats behind that coin , what company, whats they goal, learn about they dev team ...ect
Need to learn, find out what is the better option... buy that coin and hold it, or mine that coin and sell right away or mine and hold it Smiley

Speculating about coins ... i think most of ppl have a different view on "things" , what i think, what i believe you probably say no thats not right never going to happen...

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
keksik

Activity: 169
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 05:42:18 PM

There are a lot of more profitable coins than ETH (mining with AMD)

Well at least for me WhatToMine shows ETH as the most profitable for my RX480.
Are we talking about coins which aren't listed at WhatToMine (yet) and could you mention an example?

Regards,
Nestade

If you want to make a bit more money from mining, forget whattomine Wink. Cannot give away any coins, sorry Tongue, but use coinmarketcap and filter out non-minable.

4chan/biz can also be a nice place to stumble upon a nice coin Grin Grin Grin

so i went to coinmarket camp and filtered out non-mineable, what now please?  Roll Eyes i cam see long list of coins

Well, now you start the research Grin

Good day guys, I'm also quite new to mining been doing allot of alts trading before I decided to generate coins instead of buying them... I'm not expecting to be spoon fed on the matter but would like to know your approach when doing research, for trading the trick was buying low and selling high, buying the rumour and selling the news, buying a coin with a solid team behind it as it starts out in the hope that other people will also share your thoughts and in the process increase its value.

Now with mining same as with trading you obviously not targeting the most popular coins as they are popular because they are overbought, now in mining terms this is where difficulty comes in as I understand, global difficulty to solve a block and pool difficulty when it comes to handing out shares... Hope I'm still on track...

Is the general consensus with mining to target ‘up and coming’ coins? The problem I find with those coins are the pools are so small they never solve a block and thus never distribute the rewards or in some cases the mining software setup is a nightmare as it is not mainstream…

I’m not expecting anyone to disclose any coin names here but would appreciate a little elaboration on the word ‘research’ please, if you feel an open public forum is not the place to disclose state secrets like this please send me a PM and we can discuss, I’m willing to be part of a group, part of a community doing my part, so not looking for free information.

Yes i agree, i was playing safe with ETH so far, however im intereset in new coins, i dont play with calculators much, however any hint is much appreciate, as "do research" is too general concept...where to start when i filtered coins..? also im fine if someone PM me and we can discuss further.  i can see hundreds of coins which can be mined, i udenrstand i had to look further than top 100, but what i should look for? is not possible for human being to check every coin,so there has to be some initial pattern maybe?
or i found MIX or Akroma, which are not listed yet, they dont have price yet...are these shit coins or potential? all of us once started...
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 07:50:51 PM

Difficulty is going up very slow in my opinion.

The difficulty is basically capped to the GPU fabrication which can only produce so much.

If GPUs could be built faster, difficulty would double every few weeks instead of going up 20%

Truer words could not be spoken.

If you look at what is happening with BTC and Asic's eveeryone is pumping them out as fast as they can, and Difficulty has been skyrocketing for the last couple months 20% every 2 weeks. I think the price correction has slowed that down a little but not likely.

That's why I shifted my focus into GPU, I was lazy and avoided it last year because the ease of Asics being plug and play drew me in.

Unfortunately I waited 1 week to long while researching and got stuck in the shortage of cards, but thanks to Newegg, I'm buying 1 card every 3 days and my first one arrives tomorrow.
The plan is a 50/50 sell and hold.

My plan is to push through with some dual mining for the time being and maybe 1 week a month jump on some speculation coins.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
dragonmike

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 08:51:29 PM

Before this happened I told it would happen and trolls laughed at me, now they are seeing the reality and are wondering whether to commit suicide or not hehe, yeah the only satisfaction we will ever get from those who paid $600 or more for a rx series 256 bits. Where I live noobs are still buying rx 580 for $1000, so that makes you wonder how dumb/mindless they are.
Dude you're rambling, seriously get a fucking life.
Many people here have mined for longer than you've been a member of these forums and have ROI'd many times over.

Now go away.

I understand why you are so furious, don't worry about it, I will not hold anything against you.
Thanks, I appreciate this, it means so much coming from you.

You are still the biggest troll on this board. Telling miners off for making money. If only you had spent this time on mining rigs instead of trolling us you'd be much better off today.

I know I am.

PS: hehe.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: