Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 10:04:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you spreading the word about bitcoins?  (Read 4267 times)
FinShaggy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 03:32:11 AM

I made a Facebook group, if you are on Facebook please join and add friends Smiley
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BitCoinNews/

I share the price of Bitcoin there every once in a while, I used to do it 1 or more times a day. I should start keeping up again.

If everyone is thinking outside the box, there is a new box.
faiza1990

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

★☆★777Coin★☆★

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 07:54:30 AM

here spreading this word bitcoins is very difficult and need more time because we are trying to survive here for many things

Survival is more important. What is the danger there?

many danger terrorism no electricity no water for all no job even for daily food and someone like me if working here many questions rising some saying scam and cheat now trying to understand first what is this all then can do this spreading for bitcoins 

Galahad

Activity: 190

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 12:40:55 PM

I'm not in fear about this, Bitcoin is inevitable.
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 01:30:35 PM

Telling all my friends at school especially!
 Cheesy

Yeah, I thought about that. Highschools are probably the biggest breeding ground for bitcoin. Trading for stuff, talking about mining, etc.

hayek

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 01:36:59 PM

I stand on the side of the highway and scream angrily at the cars as they drive by.

I don't think it's the screaming so much as my soiled tighty whitey underwear that has been holding me back
FinShaggy

Google/YouTube

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 01:39:00 PM

I stand on the side of the highway and scream angrily at the cars as they drive by.

I don't think it's the screaming so much as my soiled tighty whitey underwear that has been holding me back

Cheesy I don't think you are helping anything, lol

TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 03:36:22 PM
Last edit: September 17, 2013, 09:35:54 PM by TitanBTC

They will come around eventually.  Thank you for getting out there and spreading the..."word".

ChrisJ

Activity: 146

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:02:14 PM

This has become one of my favourite pastimes.

Every restaurant/bar/cafe I go in to I always ask if I can pay in Bitcoins, sometimes I get my phone out as if I am expecting to be able to already. Usually the staff member has no idea what it is and then I pounce:

"Bitcoin is a global internet currency not backed by any central bank or government"

This is the hook! They like it and want to hear more.

• No chargebacks (Bars and Restaurants love this)
  • Bitcoin is like digital gold (this is not a perfect analogy I know, so I stress that it's an analogy)
  • Did you know your fiat is worth x% less than n years ago? Your Bitcoins cannot be inflated away by the government or central bank
  • Imagine if sending money was like sending an email
  • Well Bitcoin will do to the banks what email did to the post office
  • There's a business just like yours who already take it (then give them the details)
  • Bitcoin is rapidly rising in popularity with more interest, I feel very lucky to be an early adopter

The trick is not to go in to any technical detail on the first pass, definitely do NOT try and describe mining, that is for veterans only! Only talk about benefits that are relevant to them.

It's important that you tailor the pitch depending on the person and do not try and sell it to someone who is clearly not interested. If you sense the person doesn't care simply end the conversation by saying:

"Anyway just Google it later if you get time, ask your friends what they think."

Then I give them my card if I have one and tell them they can email me if they have any questions. It's vital that you plant this seed quickly, it should be a short sharp shock that leaves them wanting to know more. Be the first one to end the conversation and try to leave a sense of mystery.

I want to make the world better than I found it
BunworthBanshee

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 12:13:57 PM

Me and friends are trying to do this if anybody wants to help?  Huh

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297749

This is the hook! They like it and want to hear more.

No chargebacks (Bars and Restaurants love this)
Bitcoin is like digital gold (this is not a perfect analogy I know, so I stress that it's an analogy)
Did you know your fiat is worth x% less than n years ago? Your Bitcoins cannot be inflated away by the government or central bank
Imagine if sending money was like sending an email
Well Bitcoin will do to the banks what email did to the post office
There's a business just like yours who already take it (then give them the details)
Bitcoin is rapidly rising in popularity with more interest, I feel very lucky to be an early adopter

The trick is not to go in to any technical detail on the first pass, definitely do NOT try and describe mining, that is for veterans only! Only talk about benefits that are relevant to them.

That is exactly what we wont just more in a paragraph. Might use that.  Wink

NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 12:25:31 PM

I asked the bank manager at my local branch today what he was doing to hedge his dollars. Smiley

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
ChrisJ

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:00:54 PM

Hi all,

Im semi new to bitcoins. Been involved with it for a few months now, reading up on it and learning more and more every day.

Bitcoins seems like such a great concept but its value comes from popularity. The more people use it, the more valuable it becomes.

And the more people use it, the higher the price will become for those of us speculating here Smiley

So I think the most powerful thing anyone who IS speculating could do is to spread the word about bitcoins among their peers.

I personally have started posting about bitcoins on facebook and also do sometimes talk about it amongst friends.

I also recently invested in just-dice and plan to get all my friends who do get involved with bitcoins to invest in the site.

What other methods are people using to spread the word about bitcoins? Please share as Id like more inspiration on how I can go about affecting as many people as possible to buy into the concept of bitcoins.

Tshirts? car stickers? etc

Please share.

Good ideas.

But keep in mind that it's about more that just bitcoins, we need to spread the word about digital currencies in general. In the future, there will be multiple competing currencies and stores will accept a variety of payment methods. The unknown factor is which coins will the consumer be most likely to embrace. In my tests, consumers don't get nearly as excited about bitcoins as they do about goldcoins. And I've done a hell of a lot of tests. You mention getting your friends to invest? I think the greatest returns will come from the emerging alt coin sector.

The price of a single Bitcoin in June 2010 was something like 10 cents. Nothing substantial has changed in the coin's fundamentals since then, yet now the price is over $100.00 a coin. I wouldn't be encouraging my family and friends to invest in something that is probably overbought to the extreme. It would make more sense to look at coins that are priced in the range of the Bitcoin of June 2010 and try to find the ones with the best fundamentals. Then spread the word about those coins.

Bookmark and monitor >>>>> http://coinmarketcap.com/

I do talk about other coins too, for brevity I just used Bitcoin. But thanks for the ad to your own coin, I have seen the videos.

Alpaca Bob

Activity: 153

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:06:58 PM

In my tests, consumers don't get nearly as excited about bitcoins as they do about goldcoins.

Lol. The only difference between bitcoin and goldcoin is the name. That's not even my words, that's your own. You are a joke.

The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
Datto

Activity: 140

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:25:23 PM

+1
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:41:25 PM

Instead of selling to exchanges and wesites I like and prefer to sell to individuals who I can meet face to face and I prefer if they were very new to Bitcoin so I  could answer as many of their questions as I can.

One friend wanted to invest in Bitcoin and security markets such as BTCT.co/ Havelock investments and Bitfunder (Yeah no one likes MPEX). So I sold him a few coins and spent several hours with him on skype for weeks to explain everything regarding markets and Bitcoin.

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 06:54:07 PM

I did give some Bitcoins to people to peak their interest. But I don't have much so I won't do it much in the future.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 07:32:08 PM

Hi all,

Im semi new to bitcoins. Been involved with it for a few months now, reading up on it and learning more and more every day.

Bitcoins seems like such a great concept but its value comes from popularity. The more people use it, the more valuable it becomes.

And the more people use it, the higher the price will become for those of us speculating here Smiley

So I think the most powerful thing anyone who IS speculating could do is to spread the word about bitcoins among their peers.

I personally have started posting about bitcoins on facebook and also do sometimes talk about it amongst friends.

I also recently invested in just-dice and plan to get all my friends who do get involved with bitcoins to invest in the site.

What other methods are people using to spread the word about bitcoins? Please share as Id like more inspiration on how I can go about affecting as many people as possible to buy into the concept of bitcoins.

Tshirts? car stickers? etc

Please share.

Good ideas.

But keep in mind that it's about more that just bitcoins, we need to spread the word about digital currencies in general. In the future, there will be multiple competing currencies and stores will accept a variety of payment methods. The unknown factor is which coins will the consumer be most likely to embrace. In my tests, consumers don't get nearly as excited about bitcoins as they do about goldcoins. And I've done a hell of a lot of tests. You mention getting your friends to invest? I think the greatest returns will come from the emerging alt coin sector.

The price of a single Bitcoin in June 2010 was something like 10 cents. Nothing substantial has changed in the coin's fundamentals since then, yet now the price is over $100.00 a coin. I wouldn't be encouraging my family and friends to invest in something that is probably overbought to the extreme. It would make more sense to look at coins that are priced in the range of the Bitcoin of June 2010 and try to find the ones with the best fundamentals. Then spread the word about those coins.

Bookmark and monitor >>>>> http://coinmarketcap.com/

If you think you can get rich quick by buying and then promoting a particular altcoin, you're going to have a bad time.

tinus42

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 07:42:57 PM

If you think you can get rich quick by buying and then promoting a particular altcoin, you're going to have a bad time.

Lightning doesn't strike twice at the same spot...
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:02:03 PM

This is not about getting rich quick.

It's more about having fun, taking calculated risks, and thinking outside the box. And FYI the price of Goldcoin is up 1000% over the past 8 weeks which is more than I can say for Bitcoin. Tongue

This is purely speculative, there is 0 market to support that. We can only expect that it will pop and hard.
99.9999% of altcoins have no future because they have no real usage. No usage = no value.
Plus, explaining bitcoin is already a hard time so speaking about altcoins is useless and only confusing.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 09:12:59 PM

Please share.

When someone asks how much my bike cost, I say "less than 200 bitcoins". Usually they ask "what is it?", so I give them advice to google "Bitcoin".
ChrisJ

View Profile
September 21, 2013, 11:56:04 AM

Please share.

When someone asks how much my bike cost, I say "less than 200 bitcoins". Usually they ask "what is it?", so I give them advice to google "Bitcoin".

That's really good, I will try that one myself.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: