Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:09:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Merit  (Read 242 times)
darrly (OP)

Activity: 165
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:09:35 PM

Is it not allowed to ask for merit at the end of your every post? Like posting reply to a topic then adding "Can you give merit to this?" at the end of your answer?  I asked because I want to rank up. Thanks guys  Cry

ravenyvolle

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:20:50 PM

I think it is not okay to ask for merits every after post.Dont get me wrong but I think it is much better if we post meaningful or reply with sense and people will give you merit without forcing them.I am a newbie as well but that is how i perceive merits:)Have fun!
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:21:46 PM

You will most likely get red trust if you beg.
But as for the official rules of the forum, all I can give you is this quote from theymos in his merit system announcement

Do not beg for merit excessively.

So you will likely not get banned, but you will very likely have red trust, which is very bad as well.
qwertyup23

Activity: 2268
Merit: 788

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:24:46 PM

Is it not allowed to ask for merit at the end of your every post? Like posting reply to a topic then adding "Can you give merit to this?" at the end of your answer?  I asked because I want to rank up. Thanks guys  Cry

Asking for a merit for every post that you make would totally defeat its purpose of blocking/avoiding spammers in the forum. The purpose on why this system was implemented was primarily for the decrease of spammers/abusers. A lot of people are making useless threads/comments which detriments the sole purpose on why this forum was created. If you really want to have merit points, then try your best to make meaningful comments that would benefit the forum and other people as well based on your knowledge and understanding of cryptocurrencies.
Hope that answers your question OP.
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:30:53 PM

I think you can rank your post yourself, and if it helpfull to the community you can ask merits for them. And i am sure it will be not every your post on forum

HashFace

Activity: 406
Merit: 114

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:32:06 PM

You can visit the Meta section of this forum, there is a lot of discussion about merit there.  

Theymos has said “excessive” begging for merit is not recommended ... but has left the door open to occasionally asking.... at least, that is my take on how the conversations have gone.

Also, just as an aside, I personally would not give merit to post that asks for merit ... I think quality is something the readers should notice and send.  When you are consistently asking for merit, it gives the impression you may be an account farmer who only cares about ranking up ...

I mean, we all want to rank up, but the purpose of merit is making quality posts to earn ranking up.
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:33:36 PM

Is it not allowed to ask for merit at the end of your every post? Like posting reply to a topic then adding "Can you give merit to this?" at the end of your answer?  I asked because I want to rank up. Thanks guys  Cry

I know it's a little difficult to rank up in this forum this time, but it is good because we need to post a meaningful post and let other people reward us a merit for that.
vnck25

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:34:33 PM

I think the merit system is a good strategy to increase the quality of discussions on this forum. Participants are kind of compelled to post/reply quality, meaningful stuff that will benefit the entire community. I think that is great.
In real life we don't beg right? (unless we are in a very very bad situation), as stated earlier you can rank up yourself by creating quality stuff that is useful to the entire community.

All the best...
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:35:56 PM

I know you may ask somebody to merit your post however, merit system was a bigdeal to rank up. And there are more people who gave merit conditionally. I think if you want to rank up. You must have a quality post.
Rc Cola

Activity: 37

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:37:19 PM

No don't put that in the ending actually this is my second account I have a higher rank account now I take the challenge and make a new one. For me the merit is there for the people here in forum to learn and say something different when the merit is implemented I see every post changes the thought of what their replying is clear also you cannot see 1 liner or 2 liners replies. You must work hard post a reply that make the people think that you have a point. A merit will be given to you because you deserve it don't ask for it. Good luck.
darrly (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:51:29 PM

You can visit the Meta section of this forum, there is a lot of discussion about merit there. 

Theymos has said “excessive” begging for merit is not recommended ... but has left the door open to occasionally asking.... at least, that is my take on how the conversations have gone.

Also, just as an aside, I personally would not give merit to post that asks for merit ... I think quality is something the readers should notice and send.  When you are consistently asking for merit, it gives the impression you may be an account farmer who only cares about ranking up ...

I mean, we all want to rank up, but the purpose of merit is making quality posts to earn ranking up.

Hey, Thank you for sharing about the thread discussing merit. Anyway, I still consider myself as a newbie and there are a lot of things that I don't know. Also, that is my thought about merit too, improving the quality of posts in this community. Thank youuu  Grin

fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:56:55 PM

Well merit is supposed to be something that's natural.. thus asking for it.. would offend the mere reason for which it was created.
Thus I do think that's it's a little bit wrong...but.. you know ..there is a side to everything..
Asking like... " Hey .. please give me merit " would be like begging.
But.. stating... " Hey if you loved the post please give me a merit.. and if not please state your opinions about how can I improve this "
I don't think how.. the latter one could offend anyone..
It's okay to ask.. but ask in the right manner.. 😄

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
darrly (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 03:58:24 PM

I know you may ask somebody to merit your post however, merit system was a bigdeal to rank up. And there are more people who gave merit conditionally. I think if you want to rank up. You must have a quality post.

i think its still a hit or miss situation. Even if you do have quality post, people dont go often give merit just because of having quality post. Some keep it to themselves to use it for later exchange of another merit, in other terms, give and take. But I also believe that merit system will be a big help improving this community and people will be encouraged to do more research and reading before posting.

darrly (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:00:43 PM

You will most likely get red trust if you beg.
But as for the official rules of the forum, all I can give you is this quote from theymos in his merit system announcement

Do not beg for merit excessively.

So you will likely not get banned, but you will very likely have red trust, which is very bad as well.

that is exactly what im thinking. Thats is the very I started this thread, before doing something i might regret later. Its better to stay on this rank than to have red trust. So yeah, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Cheesy

darrly (OP)

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:03:24 PM

Well merit is supposed to be something that's natural.. thus asking for it.. would offend the mere reason for which it was created.
Thus I do think that's it's a little bit wrong...but.. you know ..there is a side to everything..
Asking like... " Hey .. please give me merit " would be like begging.
But.. stating... " Hey if you loved the post please give me a merit.. and if not please state your opinions about how can I improve this "
I don't think how.. the latter one could offend anyone..
It's okay to ask.. but ask in the right manner.. 😄

That. is. a. very. nice. idea. Thats very clever. It is really just a matter of how you would approach something, right? I might use this in the foreseeable future so dont get surprised, also thank you for sharing your personal opinion about this, it helped me a lot.

nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:05:15 PM

I'm not sure about that, but i think it's okay if you want to ask for merit?
I read the thread about merit before, and if i'm correct, what's not allowed is to sell merit.
So i'm pretty sure asking is allowed, although i don't know if it's also stated in the post. I don't know if i miss the part or what.
But if you want to be merited, there are people who give a kind of service where they review your post and they will decide whether it's worthy for them to merit or not. I found one in the economy > service. Maybe you can try and look it.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
roshanfious

Activity: 263
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:07:28 PM

Giving sMerit actually depend on volunteer so it's prohibited if you're begging for sMerits. It's agaisnt the purpose sMerit was born for a better high-quality community . So people will get annoying if you're begging for it . It's an unacceptable action for the new system.
But also i think you're in the wrong threads. This topic should be put at Meta session not here.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:08:29 PM

Hello friends, nice subject being discussed.  I do not know how to get merit and who awards merit to the writer of the post.  I was also not aware that merit is granted on the basis of posts.   While reading comments of seniors; I came to know that readers are giving merit to the posts.  I am still to get one  Grin.  But I will not beg never beg for it.  I will try to improve my working, so that others consider my work as good work and grant me some merit points.
Also I will try my best to post new, relevant and good issues of importance to in this platform, which I am trying to do for the last three days  Wish you all the best friends.  May you all get more and more merit points and grow your ranks..
Guapongbadoy

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:09:07 PM

If that is a request maybe its just ok but if you beg for it that is not good. And aside from that there is no reason to make a request from the merit sources if the post is worthy to receive a merit. Merit sources know what they are doing so there is no reason to beg for merit.And for me it is shameful to ask merit for a post which is not worthy for it.
So if you want merit then make your post very unique and helpful to others then merit will come.
skyland999

Activity: 213
Merit: 13

Wonderful World

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:10:04 PM

This is a very difficult gift depending on whether we post quality or not others so try to make useful posts
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: