Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:10:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin on Panrama for UK  (Read 155 times)
JPCain (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:12:41 PM

Panorama inestigates Bitcoin tomorrow on BBC One at 20:30. Doubt it will be positive but will go out to a lot of viewers.

Just a heads up for those who have BBC

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1642675
DeepOnion ⚡ Anonymous & Untraceable Cryptocurrency
⚡ Join DeepOnion Team NOW! ⚡
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:29:14 PM
Merited by marjil (1)

Summary here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09s3wbt

I'll tune in and report back. Usually Panorama chooses a little patch of controversy and goes digging. Bitcoin is far too vast a subject for them to do that but they may give it a try. It sounds like bog standard mainstream coverage to me.
marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:34:35 PM
Merited by gentlemand (1)

The problem (and yes, it is a problem) with programs such as this, purporting to be investigative journalism, is that they pick on some small piece of the pie or another, and then extract as much mileage as possible from it, making the whole thing a piece of melodrama. Can we expect any real isnight? Based on past experience: unlikely. But still might be worth a watch if only for the "hmmm" factor.

The_Real_One

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:21:38 PM

Knowing the BBC, full of loony lefty degenerates working there, it will be a negative programme as usual.
YeOldeMiner

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:28:33 PM

Bracing myself for the negativity.

Panorama has a history of reporting on the negativity of a subject, I highly doubt this will be any different. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll tune in.
CryptoBeefy

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:46:53 PM

OOoh thanks for sharing, I'll be sure to tune in. You know full well it's going to be portrayed in a negative light though as that's what tends to come out of Panarama
jeronimosuykens

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:47:02 PM

Bracing myself for the negativity.

Panorama has a history of reporting on the negativity of a subject, I highly doubt this will be any different. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll tune in.
The bad news about the cryptocurrency market is growing more than just to reduce the value of crypto coins so whales can buy at very low prices. So if your crypto coins are really good you can keep them and do not worry because it will definitely grow again and the market will recover. I am currently holding a lot of altcoin and I feel very normal when it is discounted.
Doge dealer

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:59:24 PM

Any publicity whether good or bad is still publicity and im all for publicity whether good or bad with bitcoin. BBC is watched by a huge audience around the world and as ive said before a lot of people have head the terminology bitcoins but have no actual knowledge of what it really is , so at the least this will provide some sort of catalyst for persons to do some research on the bitcoin as long gone are they days when people watched these programs and believed everything that is said. should this program be a feature with ill intent that could also have a positive outcome as it could get tongues a wagging among us "common folk"  which would eventually lead to someone eighter doing research to confirm or disprove what was portrayed or simply some one who they come into contact with clearing the air about what bitcoins really is . So eighter way this will be a win win situation whether the intent of this program is negative or positive .

coinlawyer

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:01:51 PM

Yes the problem of the CRYPTO is that too many people still now nothing about the blockchain and everything they know is iBTC curresnt prices from news tv channels(
But I hope that this situation will change a lot ande4 there will be a cryptocurrency dedicated world TV channel soon as UK based company Fiancia LTD is going to launch its ICO from march to july this year - http://fiancia.io/ 

▀▄▀  T E M C O ~ Supply Chain Powered by Bitcoin Network, RSK ▀▄▀
  Officially Supported by RSK, TLDR Capital and Korea Investment Partners (KIP). 
Website   ★   Facebook   ★   Twitter   ★   Telegram   ★   Medium   ★   Reddit
eminemcookie

Activity: 364
Merit: 123

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:39:17 PM

Panorama inestigates Bitcoin tomorrow on BBC One at 20:30. Doubt it will be positive but will go out to a lot of viewers.

Just a heads up for those who have BBC

Looking forward to watching this, Panorama don't tend to be too harsh in terms of giving opinions on speculative things. They're more likely to delve in to the legality of things as well as taxation and success stories or failures. Then also looking at the criminal side of things.

It'll be watched by a good group of people so that's a positive thing in itself, even if the overall sentiment is not.

GIGZI INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Crowdsale Starts on 23rd November 2018
Telegram   Medium   GitHub   Twitter   Reddit   LinkedIn   Facebook
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: