Bitcoin Forum
August 07, 2024, 09:31:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is TETHER Legitimate or a SCAM?  (Read 108 times)
cryptohottie (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Hi :) I am new here and trying to learn more.

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:48:29 PM

I have read many posts and several articles on TETHER and I would like to know what people think and use TETHER for because it sounds like people are split on how they feel about it.

Your feedback is much appreciated!

Smiley

Smiley Smiley Smiley
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:51:12 PM

why do you think tether is scam? There has been subpoena to them but it doesn't mean they're scam. It's risky from regulation perspective what they claim they're doing as they claim to back the currency with usd, which is always under the surveillance of sec
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 07:56:26 PM

Try to surf the internet for the cases when governments artificially held the exchange rates of their currencies (spoiler: Venezuela is among those countries) and guess what may happen with the "stablecoins", this thing is easily appliable to cryptocurrencies. Either the same will happen with Tether or they will have enourmous reserves to back the coin.
It is not a "scam" in a common meaning of this word but it supposed to work that way.

muhdatha

Activity: 168
Merit: 11

Betrium 🎾 Worldwide Betting Exchange

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:03:56 PM

Try to surf the internet for the cases when governments artificially held the exchange rates of their currencies (spoiler: Venezuela is among those countries) and guess what may happen with the "stablecoins", this thing is easily appliable to cryptocurrencies. Either the same will happen with Tether or they will have enourmous reserves to back the coin.
It is not a "scam" in a common meaning of this word but it supposed to work that way.
That's right. And try to find any proof about audit since last april.
I'm heard many times that Tethers team print out their currency without any control and fiat deposits.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: