Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:02:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange or Wallet?  (Read 8669 times)
arkaasay

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:16:04 AM

I think it depends on the investment you want. If you want to invest in the short term then obviously an exchange. But if you want to invest long term then wallet is the best choice.
toilatan2

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:16:23 AM

wallet is better, sure?
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:24:30 AM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you like investing for a long run then you should buy Hardware wallet where you will store your coins/tokens. Though you can use free wallets online However it's better to use hardware wallet. For short term trading you, no have no choice but to store in the crypto exchange.

wallet is better, sure?
100% sure.
maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:31:22 AM

I follow two rules: Little funds to exchanger  - big funds to wallet. If a wallet is secure depends on the fact, if you own your private keys. A third party wallet is as unsecure as exchangers.
Here you can find great infos about wallets:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:36:12 AM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

Exchager wallet is not safe if you are intending to hold your coins for a long term trading much if you download the main wallet of this coins and put it in safe place and hold it for a long time one year or 2 year then open it.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀                    

Powered by,
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:39:16 AM

I have a question.

Thanks

Exchager wallet is not safe if you are intending to hold your coins for a long term trading much if you download the main wallet of this coins and put it in safe place and hold it for a long time one year or 2 year then open it.

The people who do an exchange wallet storing is fool and they are putting their 1 foot on grave since Exchangers are not really safe since there would be a breach on the system which could lead them up to hacking. And its so advisable by the experts to store our balance on ledger or hardware wallet since this one will be the safest place where we can store our money without worrying of anything.
Targusluxe

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:55:54 AM

I have a question.

Thanks

Exchange

Pros - You can trade and add more bitcoin to your protfolio.

Cons - Trading is risky and you can lose your money.

Wallet

pros - your bitcoin is safe.

cons - it is stagnant

CONTRACTNET     |     At the intersection of Blockchain, IOT & SMART CONTRACTS             
|     WHITEPAPER     |     TWITTER     |      TELEGRAM     
████████████████████████  [  JOIN ICO   ●   10th MARCH  ] ████████████████████████
kobe24

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:01:48 AM

I suggest keep your coins on wallet atleast you will hodl your own private keys but you must write it down and keep it secure if incase you will lost it you have a back up because that is the only way to access your wallet.

Diablesfunis

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:22:38 AM

I have a question.

Thanks
Of course it's better to keep your coins in your wallet although you need to download different wallet for each coin. It's not safe to store your coin on exchange as there is risk of the exchange getting hacked or your account getting blocked. The cons is you have to move your coin a lot if you want to trade it.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
TopT3ns

Activity: 2604
Merit: 572

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:33:16 AM

I have a question.

Thanks
i use both,for some tokens i use wallet to keep it, but for real coins i don't have any hardware wallet so i use exchanger and 2fa. i think it is already safe if i not do any strange thing like click on suspicious link

Canoppo99

Activity: 334
Merit: 15

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 05:58:55 AM

I have a question.

Thanks
Save in wallet is safer, you don't know when exchange site turn into scam. Hardware wallet is saver. The most secure wallet is hardware wallet with full syncronizing client. But the most practical wallet for daily use to buy goods is online wallet but the security is lower than hardware wallet.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
shellomomma

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:09:56 AM

If your a day trader, better to keep part of your portfolio for trading in the exchange. This way you will minimize your transaction fees compare to a hodler. But if your a hodler always keep your funds in the wallet which is more secured because you have the private keys.
Anita1873

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:11:25 AM

If you are a long term holder for 2-3 years and not want to sell then you can use offline wallet. If you are a trader then you have to hold your coins in any online exchange and sell them any time. You get better results in holding as every coin require its time to establish.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
mr.creampie

Activity: 44

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:12:46 AM

If you are planning to trade your coins you should put it on exchanges because you cant trade using your hardwallet,but if you are going to hold your coins for a long time i suggest put it in a hardwallet because these wallets are most secured storage today,ledger or trezor wallet are the most common wallets that are being recommended by the experts.Exchanges doesnt allow the users to store big amounts of coins if they are not trading because exchanges is more prone to these hackers nowadays.
Winterizing

Activity: 312

(。◕‿◕。)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 06:13:11 AM

I think it's better to save your coins in different wallets rather than put them into exchange because we don't know the possibility of the exchange being hacked but the downside is if you wanted to sell your coins in your wallet you will need to wait.

VeeraS

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:14:06 AM

I don't have a definite answer to your question. because sometimes I keep some of my altcoin in exchange. this is because I am a trader, and if the altcoin I buy and I hold for a period of time, then I will put it in my wallet. yes, I guess everyone is doing the same thing as what I do.
Lucky_U

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:20:32 AM

Don't trust any exchange, even big one like Binance. Always keep your tokens in the safe wallet. Only small amount of portfolio can be stored in exchange only for daily trading.
atrocityx

Activity: 336
Merit: 71

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:25:04 AM

I have a question.

Thanks

If we reworded your question to which is better: cold storage wallet or exchange the answer is cold storage wallet.. but if you're talking free, everyday wallet with new users and very low security.. I'd probably trust the exchange more.  To me its alot like plane crashes with exchanges.. its very very VERY rare that an exchange would get hacked, but if they do alot of people are going to get hurt.. but your wallet like a car is less likely to have as many casualties..but you personally with very little gard for personal precaution are much more at risk.
bottledfireworks

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:27:24 AM

I have a question.

Thanks

I always advice in some other post that using many site and put your money/coins in this exchange site is not good decision because it can be hacked by many hackers around this crypto world. Put your coins in wallet so that you will not going to hesitate if your money is safe.
sweerty1

Activity: 453
Merit: 251

Presale Starting May 1st

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:42:06 AM

I think its not that bad to hold in exchange wallets if you set nice password and 2fa. You just need to not using suspicious unknown exchanges and everything will be okay, holding in personal wallets can be quite harder than this.

▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
INVESTA████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
█████▀▀  ▀▀█████
█▀▀          ▀▀█
     ▄▄██▄▄
 ▄▄██████████▄▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
 ▀▀██████████▀▀
     ▀▀██▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: