Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 09:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange or Wallet?  (Read 8669 times)
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:27:02 AM

no exchange is fully secure. one day the site can be hacked, the exchange can lost, the owners may disappear from the middle. in such a case the effect will be very large and the prices of all the coins will be affected.
it is safer to keep it in the wallet as possible Smiley

If you are not familiar in exchange ,trading just do not proceed because you might end up on sites that have many hackers and might get your bitcoins, for me I better put my bitcois in my wallet for security and exchange when it is time that you are familiar with the process of exchanging bitcoins.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Briella18

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 07:36:43 AM

I prefer an exchanger to keep my coin because at times I can sell my coin at high and buy a coin that costs less
Wowcoin

Activity: 910
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:05:53 AM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
Its up to you if you want to keep your coins on exchange or in wallet. There's a wallet now that have different coins you can choose where you can keep it if the coins are erc20 you can keep it to myetherwallet. But make a choose and decide what is better.
ralph_0608

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:06:49 AM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
For me if you don't need to trade your coin better to keep it in wallet it is much safer than it is in exchange. but if you are doing day trading I suggest to keep on exchanges to save gas fee when transferring from wallet to exchange if your coins is in your wallet. 2 or 3 wallet maybe for all of your coins not making each coins a wallet though it is much safer but it looks confusing to me when you have a lot of coins.

Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:10:13 AM

no exchange is fully secure. one day the site can be hacked, the exchange can lost, the owners may disappear from the middle. in such a case the effect will be very large and the prices of all the coins will be affected.
it is safer to keep it in the wallet as possible Smiley

If you are not familiar in exchange ,trading just do not proceed because you might end up on sites that have many hackers and might get your bitcoins, for me I better put my bitcois in my wallet for security and exchange when it is time that you are familiar with the process of exchanging bitcoins.

He's writing about there is no exchange site is fully secure. Remember not all of the wallets are fully secure too, Just try to consider how security measures already applied to those purses.
As far as I can see about the hardware wallet is the only best wallet which gives a lot of security measures for us.
Budugbass

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:11:38 AM

For me personally I prefer to the wallet site of the coin than the exchanger site, and I think it's more safer than on the exchanger site.
One of my friends who used the wallet at the exchanger site was already being hacked, ever since I knew that.. I so avoided the exchanger site to save my coins especially bitcoin.
adam1230
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:12:22 AM

last week binance was down for more than 24 hours. This shows us that exchanges are not secure to store coins and tokens.
Best way to store coins is always paper wallet and hardware wallets
yareklamator

Activity: 154

Magic is real

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 09:57:48 AM

I keep a large sum on Kucoin. Since from this I receive a part from the coins sold at the exchange.Is it good & profitable? Yes, it is profitable. Is it safe? No, definitely, it's not safe. Since vulnerabilities are found every day and hackers work without closing their eyes. In the hardware purse, in any case, should be the investment that you value and do not intend to sell in the near future.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:08:53 AM

I have a question.

Thanks

In my own opinion, the best place to keep your altcoins is on the wallet while bitcoins should be placed on exchangers. There are two reasons why i separate those coins individually, i trusted myetherwallet to hold my ethereum coins and i also prefer liqui.io to hold my bitcoins, it was actually depends on the people where he/she is comfortable to place his/her coin.

0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:36:33 AM

I have a question.

Thanks
Since I am not a trader I keep all my coins/tokens on wallets that I have full control of course because I felt relieved once I know all my funds are in a safe place. Keeping and hodling funds on exchanges is just like you are giving them a chance to have it and take note it is not just a chance because based on my friends experiences their funds were stolen and some other exchanges issues occur during withdrawal so I think everyone should be cautious about storing coins/tokens on exchanges. Only store funds when you are planning to sell it so that risk is lower. Regarding wallets, the only thing that is a problem is when the time you forgot and lost your private keys so better keep those keys in a safe fireproof, waterproof and weatherproof invironment to ensure it will still be okay when you need it. Hardware wallets are good too but I think it is a bit pricey.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hamster fat

Activity: 462

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:50:04 AM

Storing coins in your wallet is more secure and safe. Therefore, I would recommenduse the stock exchange adress if you trade often. If long-term, it is better to use a wallet I think.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
KUMAR6

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:54:11 AM

a wallet fir sure! though make sure its safe and secure !!
veraro

Activity: 966

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:55:03 AM

There is no doubt that the best way to keep your coins is the wallet, which private keys will have only you. In exchange you should keep only coins which you want use for trade. And don't forget to withdrawal your profit. Because any exchange can be hacked at any moment.

OneMoney

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:55:50 AM

if you want to save in the long term, you have to wear wallet, if you keep it in exchange I am afraid to happen if the exchange is closed or scam you will regret lose your money Cool
peleng

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:58:42 AM

There is no doubt that the best way to keep your coins is the wallet, which private keys will have only you. In exchange you should keep only coins which you want use for trade. And don't forget to withdrawal your profit. Because any exchange can be hacked at any moment.
It happened to me in the past, almost all the coins were on the stock exchange and it was hacked. It was very sad, I was so upset that I had not been engaged in crypto currency for several years.  Embarrassed
AimHigh

Activity: 554

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:48:55 PM

I have a question.

Thanks

If you are trading, better to keep your coins on an exchange of course since not every coin have their own wallet. The advantage of keeping your coins in an exchange is you can buy different altcoins here which you think is good and has a great chance that will increase its value after a certain period of hodl time.
If you are someone who doesn't want to do anything and just a passive investor, you can keep your coin in a wallet. It is like depositing your money in you local bank which also gains interest depending on the value of your coin in the crypto market.
The cons of both storage (exchanger/wallet is they are both prone to hacking. So be careful on this and only invest what you can afford to lose.

Yes you are right exchange was good to investing and trading but as you said that have own wallet and that was the storage of your coins that you earning in investment and trading so what is the difference between of that. I think even thou you are storing your coins in wallet that was also earning because the value was not stable and anytime it change so you are also investing if I'm not mistaken.
joann15

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 10:52:13 PM

I have a question.

Thanks

It's good to store your funds on exchanges if you always do some short trade. So far the exchanges I've used and I know that my funds are secured are Bittrex and Binance. But wallets are more secured if you plan on storing for long term plus also you will receive their airdrop if they have any.

IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:55:40 PM

I don't think it is a good idea to keep any funds you don't need for daily use in exchange. Exchange is for trading, wallet is for storing, in my opinion.

Dvach

Activity: 111
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 10:59:59 PM

I think it's quite risky to leave your funds on exchange. Having them on the hardware wallet will be much more safer.
JanpriX

Activity: 1708
Merit: 606

Buy The F*cking Dip

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 11:08:15 PM

The answer for your question should be overwhelming and that should be "personal wallets". Never ever leave your coins for a long span of time in an exchange. By doing that, you are just risking your coins to be stuck with that exchange when the company managing them goes south. You can sift through the history of cryptosphere and you'll be able to sight several instance where exchanges closed its doors to the public together with the coins deposited in them. Some of them turned into scam and some of them get "hacked".

The only way for you to take care of your coin is to store in a personal wallet (downloaded into your desktop/laptop) or by buying hardware wallets. You have the sole control over your coins if you do this and that's what you want to do in the first place. Never entrust your coin to anyone, not even in exchanges.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: