Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 04:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange or Wallet?  (Read 8669 times)
TheAndy500

Activity: 1232
Merit: 266

> CAMPAIGN MANAGER < https://t.me/TheAndy500

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:12:15 AM

If you want to keep the currency for a long term, the cold wallet is better. When trading it is better to have the currency in the stock market, but you have to remember that it is not safe.

justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:36:28 AM

Well depending on your choice, if you want to secure your most altcoins then download their respective wallets or download multi crpytocurrecy wallet like coinomi on your mobile device or if you don't want too many hassles then you should use exchange as your wallet but you should know the risks losing all of your coins if that exchange is hacked but if you holding ETH and ERC20 tokens you must use myetherwallet as your wallet.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:39:47 AM

I think it's better to save your coins in different wallets rather than put them into exchange because we don't know the possibility of the exchange being hacked but the downside is if you wanted to sell your coins in your wallet you will need to wait.

Yes that's the con of having our coins in our wallet because sometimes we really missed the pump and I bet everyone knew that feeling. However, if our coins are in our wallet we don't need to worry if the exchange gets compromise. So it's a win or lose situation for everyone.
No one said you should not trade, but at least you should consider risk management even if you want to trade. If it is your desire not to miss a pump or an uptrend, you can move a certain few percentage of your funds to the exchange, and trade it.

Always remember though that greed has led the funds of so many people to their early grave. Also, you should know that whatever you are leaving on an exchange, you can afford to lose them. That is all I just need to tell you.
rudyconsl15

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:56:01 PM

exchangers in my opinion less safe if to use hold our coins or our assets. I would recommend using Wallet as it is safer. here I use 3 wallets that are the first Blockchain, the second Myetherwallet, and the third Exodus wallet. I think it's the safest way to manage our assets.
kingkats0803

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:08:19 PM

News of hacks from a few cryptos recently should tell us that exchanges are not "hack poof" way of storing coins.
The common practice is to keep your cryptocurrencies always in your wallet, while exchanges if your direction is for trading.
But of course, no one is telling you steer clear from trading, but do it in a more secure fashion by considering risk management.
alfstep

Activity: 308
Merit: 128

Here I come! Again!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:11:41 PM

News of hacks from a few cryptos recently should tell us that exchanges are not "hack poof" way of storing coins.
The common practice is to keep your cryptocurrencies always in your wallet, while exchanges if your direction is for trading.
But of course, no one is telling you steer clear from trading, but do it in a more secure fashion by considering risk management.

Depends on what kind of wallet do you use to store your asset. If you are using online wallet like MEW and using your private key to access your wallet, to me exchange is a better option because it is harder to be hacked than your private key Grin

But if you are using hardware wallet, that is the way to go. Only put small amlunt in exchange for trading purposes

finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 01:15:26 PM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

To have a stable security, you must save your tokens into your wallet. Why? exchanges are not good for storing coins in a long term because issues about coins always happening to their platform sometimes. Lost coins is the number one case that is always happening in some exchanges , that's why it is called an exchange because the true purpose of it is just for trading and wallet is for saving money. I think you know the difference of it, then you should come up an answer before asking questions like this.
alieknov

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:18:01 PM

It's better to have your own wallet since no one will know your account if you use a wallet.
This is also where you'll store all your coins you earned from airdrops or bounties.
Its a big help having your own wallet. It is also what you'll input when joining airdrop or bounties because this is where they will put your tokens.
Ramtapsbtc

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:21:28 PM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks
It is always advisable for me to keep your coins on wallets outside the exchanges. Spread your cryptos to many wallet as you so that if something happen to one wallet, you would not lost all. The disadvantage of keeping your wallet inside exchange is when that particular exchange shut down bring along with it your precious coins.
snowbubble

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:24:50 PM

I think all depends on summ of money, if you have small amounts then its better to be on exchange and not waste fees on withdrawals, if you have a lot of money then keep on wallet, because its more safe.
btcefeyigit39

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:27:15 PM

two of the most needed things in the digital money world are exchange and wallet. they are very much needed. reliable wallet and few commissions are important.
RedArcher

Activity: 101

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:30:14 PM

absolutely the best way is to keep coins at wallets. as for me I use Jaxx.io wallet, it is no located on some server but you keep its code on your side, so its safety depends on you.
and when it comes to trading - I use small exchangers - aggregators like coinmonkey.io in pair with jaxx wallet.
I submit an exchange there, mention my sending and receiving wallet addresses and that's it!
and I can choose best exchange rate from several exchanges.
De_nis

Activity: 560
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:34:57 PM

Personally, I use exchanges only for trading, after which I transfer my tokens to my wallet, it seems that it's safer than being stored on the exchange!
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:36:18 PM

Crypto currency exchanges is a very unreliable institution, all the keys to your crypto currency are in the hands of its owners. It is more reliable to store your keys in encrypted form on paper.
BitindaHouse

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:44:27 PM

I have a question.

Thanks

I often wrote that I'm paranoid, so it's better to keep in a purse where there is no Internet access and on several media

redyaprimasmara

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 01:49:28 PM

I think if you want to daily trading,
better you use exchanger to keep you coins
but if you wanna hold your coins for long term, wallet is the better place for your coins

▬[  FXPay.IO  ]▬   
▌ A Decentralized Gateway to The World's Digital Ecosystem  ▌
▬▬  MAIN SALE STARTS 1st AUGUST▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Medium  | LinkedIn  | Facebook| ▬▬
grek_al

Activity: 110

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 01:51:41 PM

Holding coins / tokens offline is always safer than storing on an exchange as long as you take the correct measures (ie don’t backup your private keys on the cloud). Binance is probably the best / safest exchange for now, but I still prefer to hold everything offline.
ThePromise

Activity: 396
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:05:35 PM

Personally, I use exchanges only for trading, after which I transfer my tokens to my wallet, it seems that it's safer than being stored on the exchange!
same thought, i dont actually let my money sleep on exchanger, because there are some possibilities that it can be hacked, so i only use exchanges if i want to trade or sell altcoins, but after that, i will withdraw it already.

jyotianand01

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2018, 02:28:19 PM

Exchanges are mostly used for trading because all coins are not listed on all exchanges and if your horizon is short term then you can hold your coins in any online exchange which have your coins but if your horizon of investment is for 2 to 3 years then you can hold your coins in online or offline wallet as per your wish. Trazor is best wallet to hold coins for a bigger term as it is not accessible without connecting it to a device.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   
WPPENERGY
.World Power Production.

INNOVATION LEADERS IN THE GLOBAL
    RENEWABLE ENERGY INDUSTRY

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           
      ▄▄█████████████▄▄     
    ▄████████████████████▄   
  ▄████████████▌ ▀███████   
  ████████████     ▀████
   █▄
   ▐█████████   ▄▄   ▀▀   ███
█▄   ███████   ▐███▄     ████▌
██▄   █████   ▐██████▄ ▄██████
████   ▐██   ▐███████████████▌
 ████▄     ▐████████████████
  ████▄    ▄████████████████ 
   ▀████▄▄████████████████▀ 
     ▀█████████████████▀▀   
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀   

..INQUIRE..
━━━━━━━━
serkhio

Activity: 154

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:39:04 PM

Depends on u, buddy. Long term hold suits the wallet, short term trade prefers the exchange.
In fact, sometimes the exchange has some campaign if u has deposit in it.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: