Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:01:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange or Wallet?  (Read 8669 times)
ETHtotheMOON1

Activity: 280
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:53:52 PM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

definitely wallet as you have full control over your money that way. if you hold coins on exchange, they can prevent you from withdrawing your funds basically for any reasons.

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain  ▰▰▰▰
http://www.black.insure/
gredisgold88

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:57:14 PM

maybe , u can use waves wallet to save assets like a eth , btc and other altcoin in waves wallet , they are can safetly , and if u wanna money u can sell in dex , one wallet all function .
Arngrim

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:59:43 PM

You really need a lot of reading to do to get this.
How about news from exchanges that are closing down?
Mt. Gox and some more. Other are still open but have too many negative feedback because of coins that are missing.
The wallet is the best choice. You will just have to protect your private key and make sure no one gets it.

I bet you wont give it to anyone except if you are a fool.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018
waichi

Activity: 359
Merit: 100

Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:01:44 PM

I am not an expert. But no more safer than keeping your coins inside your wallet. I am not saying it is not hackable. It is if they got your private key and password. Putting your coins in an exchange is risky. Risky in a way that an exchange has a large chance of being hack than your wallet. So limit what you are going to put in the exchange.

███ TWITTER Udego Finance WHITEPAPER ███
███ ANN Reinventing Decentralised Finance on BSC FACEBOOK PAGE ███
███ TELEGRAM AMM MEDIUM ███
Watampone

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

RedKLess

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:02:12 PM

prefer wallet, exchanger not really safe and can scam anytime
better use wallet, you can control key thats more safe.

◆  RedKLess  ◆
▐▐  Follow My Social Media Account ▐▐
Twitter ●● Facebook ●● LinkedIn ●● Reddit ●● Instagram ●● Medium ●● Telegram
alimann

Activity: 137
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:11:08 PM

prefer wallet, exchanger not really safe and can scam anytime
better use wallet, you can control key thats more safe.

Thats completely my view, at the moment it is better to use wallets, hope Binance is starting their DEX soon.
My favourite decentraliced exchange right now is Waves.
I expect a lot from Waves this year, they are going to be big!

▼▲ GENESIS ▼▲
Simple and convenient
▼▲ Investment in real estate based on blockchain technology ▼▲
CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:27:29 PM

You should decide by yourself according to turnover of your coins. A large amount of your coins for long term savings should be put in wallet. It is more safety.
ktulhu

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 06:31:16 PM

Better a purse for each, in this case, the security will be slightly higher. If they steal, at least not all at the same time.

skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:34:08 PM

wallet of course

for eth and erc20 tokens, you can use mew as an offline wallet

it is very usefull and also very safe when you use an offline mew walllet with json file

in the history lots of exchange hack and scams

have a wallet offline or online, it is better than exchange
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:37:17 PM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

If you plan to hold the token for a long long time you need to put it on a wallet, you don't need many wallets for each token as you can save it in just one if they are all erc20 or make a NEO if the token is on NEP5.
Why do you need to keep the token in a wallet and not in an exchanger? you might just leave your token for a year or longer and some exchange removes some token.
Skritney

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:50:05 PM

Buy yourself a hardware wallet and secure the seed safely. If you are a trader, spread a great aomunt of your tokens across various exchanges. If you are an ICO master, then its enough to use a hardware wallet and send tokens to exchanges when you are ready to dump (you dont even need to move tokens if using decentralized exchanges).
SameerSony

Activity: 211

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:59:24 PM

some of my coins put on the exchange and some of the others I put in the wallet. my reason is because the exchange sometimes closes. and in the wallet sometimes there are hackers who want to steal my coins. when the exchange is closed maih there is the rest of the coin in the wallet and when the coin is missing the wallet there is still a coin on the exchange. it's my strategy to keep the coins I have.
KingKrypto

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:05:07 PM

I would not recommend keeping you coins/token in an Exchange. There have been numerous cases when people simply lost the money because the exchange was hacked or the exchange closed.
I strongly recommend to store your coins in a wallet where you have full access, only you!
xkatarinax

Activity: 242
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:11:35 PM

Don't ever hold much tokens on exchanges, we don't have decentralized exchanges now, so we can't trust them.

AlexOnix

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:17:23 PM

I have a question.

Thanks

I stick to the wallet option for each coin. Since there was already an unpleasant case with Bitrix when they closed many accounts. I was one of them. I couldn't restore my account for three months.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
drakegon

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:18:52 PM

100% wallet. You have the private key and you are the only one that sends money out. With exchanges, you are kinda voulnerable.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:26:23 PM

I would not recommend keeping you coins/token in an Exchange. There have been numerous cases when people simply lost the money because the exchange was hacked or the exchange closed.
I strongly recommend to store your coins in a wallet where you have full access, only you!
Keeping coins in an exchange sites was not a good idea, because anytime that exchange sites decided to closed it up. Your funds will not recovered, while in the digital wallet they were giving notice before they close so it was safe for me. But there's no wrong to keep your savings in both but make sure that you are always updated regarding with the latest news of both, to easily you prepared in any situation happen.
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:36:30 PM

It can be explained in two scenario.
1.If wish to buy from exchange and gonna day to day trading you can put your investment on exchange
2.If you wish to hold your investment waiting for higher return then you can put it into your wallet

I am doing day to day trading through polionex,for last two years and everything is going smooth,i have put multiple keys for securing my BTC,also i have put some portion of my trading in my etherum wallet offline.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
rallyko

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:09:49 PM

I have a question.

Thanks
Of course, choose coin purses, this is a safe option for storage. The exchange  can be closed at any time, this has already happened.
I keep a small amount on the stock exchange for trading.

RedJose

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 02:11:03 PM

100% wallet. You have the private key and you are the only one that sends money out. With exchanges, you are kinda voulnerable.

Yup, you are correct. I am trying to avoid exchanges at all since that time they started to get hacked or banned. I was looking for some sort of api for conducting exchanges if needed. I came across coinmonkey.io- that’s exchanger which takes rates from major exchanges and you can proceed transaction with any exchange, so they take risks of exhange to be banned or hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: