Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:15:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 141 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Exchange or Wallet?  (Read 8669 times)
greenpath

Activity: 178
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:47:37 AM

For me if you handle a large amount of coins that already in exchange and have a big amount of value. I will keep it. But if you have different coins in your wallet and every single coin have a big amount I would put some to other wallet to make sure it will not lost everything if just incase there is something bad to happen.
Sartrute

Activity: 522
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:53:52 AM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks
If you have 100 different coins, then of course you will not be able to create wallets for everyone. More accurately you can, but it will be a very time-consuming task. Therefore, in this case it will be more convenient to store them on the exchange. But if you have several coins, it is better to store them on a purse as this is the safest.

shone08

Activity: 602
Merit: 262

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:54:54 AM

I have a question.

What is better? To keep your coins on some Exchange site or to open wallets for each coin?

Thanks

Its not advisable to keep your bitcoin/altcoin in some exchange site because theres a tendency that the exchange site will close anytime always practise the in and out procedure if you are doing trading.
Its better to hold your cryptocurrency in secured wallet like ledger nano, mew for ethereum and eth based etc.
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:56:53 AM

Most of the exchanges have been having some sorts of problems and they can be hacked. Despite that you can keep some for trading but not a large amount.
Dmcuibap

Activity: 284
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:04:26 AM

Hardware wallet or personal wallet still better than exchange wallet. Many exchanges hacked include Binance and 1st Exchange from Korea and Japan. Hold your private key also have some risk about trojan,internet hacked, etc. Two things have its risk so choose what you think better.
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:09:27 AM

I think it really depends on some factors. If you want long-term holdings, I suggest you keep it in a private wallet where you have your own private key or wallet seed stored somewhere safe.

However, if you want to do day trading of your crypto assets, you should transfer them from your wallet to the exchange platform. It is not recommended for us to store our long-term holdings to an exchange (like what Etherdelta and a Japan-based crypto exchange was hacked a long while ago).

Again, it depends on you as long you are responsible for your risks.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
TACryptoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:10:07 AM

Keep most of your coins in a wallet, don't keep them on exchanger. It's not safe to keep them in exchanger, you will never know when the exchanger going to be scam or being hacked.

wallet can be hacked to
J_CCreate
Copper Member

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:11:36 AM

For more security you can buy a hardware wallet, such as Ledger Nano S. It`s way more secure than keeping it in exchange.
TACryptoo

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:13:13 AM

For more security you can buy a hardware wallet, such as Ledger Nano S. It`s way more secure than keeping it in exchange.

you can not storage all the coins you want on a ledger
Fretcy

Activity: 395
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:21:39 AM

I have a question.

Thanks

It is always better to store your coins on wallets rather than preferring online exchanges as there is more chances for losing of your crypto coins if your store in online exchanges, it is true that exchanges can also act as a wallet but it is not at all safe for storing crypto coins. One should always keep in mind that they should store crypto coins on their hardware wallets or USB wallets which is more safer than storing on online exchange and online wallets. Paper wallets are also safer to use you can print the private key and wallet id and should keep in mind to secure the printed private key safely without sharing it with any one else as you might loose your crypto coins if you hand over the private key's or if you loose your private key print. Paper wallets cannot be hacked and so it is the safest of all wallets.

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
AgentZero23

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2018, 10:26:11 AM

I keep on telling people who cares to know, DO NOT ever leave your coins on any exchange. No matter how secure they claim to be, or promise to be, they can never guarantee you that their exchange won't be hacked anytime. Do yourself a huge favor and open a secured offline wallet for storing your coins. When an exchange gets hacked, it is only an apology that you will get from them, not a single coin.
I agree with you to keep your coins in the offline wallet. It is the most secured way to keep your coins.
Regar

Activity: 123

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:28:13 AM

i like wallet, it is safe and save me from trading temptation. but it is depends from what you need, if you do trading you can put it on exchanges, if you do invest in long term you can use wallet instead.
Kilomans

Activity: 350
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:29:30 AM

Depending on the amount of storage if you wanna keep  more than 1k-2k USD, I recommend using wallet hardware, because it is safer
while if under 1k USD you can use a wallet exchanger or personal wallet, both are the same
usd.dev

Activity: 266

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:29:54 AM

It is best not to keep money in one place, decentralization should be decentralized. Keep some money on the stock exchange, some of the money on a cold purse. Situations are different, hackers, special services, scammers. You need to be prepared for any situation.

Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:32:03 AM

If you want to hold tokens for a long period it's better to store them in a wallet, not exchange. Because you have much more control on your own wallet.

Dasvino

Activity: 272

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:32:25 AM

I have a question.

Thanks
for security i think wallet, but for profit i think exchange. because if you put it on the exchange you will easily invest it

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
goaldigger

Activity: 2366
Merit: 356

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:37:15 AM

Its better to put all your money in your wallet for added security and for easy monitoring purposes. If you want to trade then put a partial amount of your capital to exchage. If youre thinking about hackers, hackers can access all internet based things if they want to so whatever digital money you have, its not 100% safe in all digital storing you do.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:37:57 AM

Keep most of your coins in a wallet, don't keep them on exchanger. It's not safe to keep them in exchanger, you will never know when the exchanger going to be scam or being hacked.

wallet can be hacked to
I think the most important is the wallet or exchange site is trusted or not. you can know it by looking at many things. such as having a clear owner, having a verified business address, having many users, having a long life, and etc. I'm an active trader. so I would rather keep my coin in a exchange sites. Yeah you know because it's easier to do convert and exchange with other currency..
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:45:53 AM

Besides, hardware wallet is not connected to the cyberworld which would somehow make it vulnerable for outside attacks. There are lots of drawbacks in exchange too especially its security to hackers and the trust of this site because there are some news about crypto exchange that turned to be a scam after a while.

Britainacoin

Activity: 256

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:54:15 AM

I have a question.

I would like to hear some advice.  What are pros & cons of each option?

Thanks

be careful from exchanges, I use exchanges only for change or trade with very low amount of my assets. some of them after some time be scam. so check and be careful
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... 141 »
  Print  

Jump to: