Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:26:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Circulating supply of coins  (Read 206 times)
Magica (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:21:59 AM

Are there any coins which are deleted as the time passes so as to decrease the supply and increase its value?

Also i would like to know about coins which have less circulation supply than btc and are less in value.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 07:36:35 AM

I believe the ones that follow buyback program like ICONOMI should have that but the value won't increase significantly unless the profit made by the company is huge and as for second question, then there is DigixDAO, Maker, DASH, Byteball, Monero etc.
Magica (OP)

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:06:12 AM

I believe the ones that follow buyback program like ICONOMI should have that but the value won't increase significantly unless the profit made by the company is huge and as for second question, then there is DigixDAO, Maker, DASH, Byteball, Monero etc.

So is it recommended to buy coins which have less circulation?
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:45:45 AM
Merited by Bonakid (5)

Less circulation of coins makes the value more stable or quietly slow progress, those coin is for long term holding. For me i recommend to buy those coins which the demand continuously increasing but be careful for the coins which only pump and dump that is very risky to invest. To avoid that read the white paper of their project to know if the coin has big chance to increase its value.
noeqa

Activity: 532
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:50:18 AM

Are there any coins which are deleted as the time passes so as to decrease the supply and increase its value?

Also i would like to know about coins which have less circulation supply than btc and are less in value.
every coin have a self decision
any coin that wana burn the coin if they not reach ico
any coin wana decresed the supply to reduce inflasion
any coin didnt decrese and didnt increase
so i think the circulation supply is depending the coin owner
kaloloy

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:54:40 AM

In my own understanding, there are three (3) most common cases that the real circulating supply become less:
  • When the investor is holding for long-term investments - Investor has no plan to sell or trade it because he/she intended it for the future goals.
  • When the investor died and he/she didn't pass his/her keys to his/her relatives or friends.
  • When the Altcoin Company is burning their supply to control the coin value on circulation.

There are some other reasons why circulation supply is decreasing the good impact is, the less circulation supply - the higher the coin price value will become.
Bitcoin maximum supply and currently the circulation supply is 16.6M already but only 60% is on the circulation due to the first 2 reasons mentioned above.
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:58:41 AM

I look in to genesis vision that has circulating supply only about 4 million coin and the price was increasing alot from $1 to $36 just in about 3 month. And now the price about $16 and in my opinion this coin will continue increasing because low supply and also the project given many benefits to the cryptocurrency community, and consist of solid team development behind the project.
kaloloy

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:00:56 AM

Indeed, just like precious gems in world are very expensive because they are very rare.
In Crypto Market - less circulation/availability + high demand will turn a coin or token will become expensive, therefore coins that has a less circulation and maximum supply have higher price value than coins and tokens that has almost or more than Billion maximum supply.
CONTRACT

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:09:20 AM

I know one such coin, this EQUAL token (EQL), the coin contract is registered in such a way that for each transaction of the coin 1% or a maximum of 250 tokens are burned.

╞═◇═╡...CROWD MACHINE Powering the Next Generation of Blockchain App Builders...╞═◇═╡
WhitepaperLinkedinTwitterMediumTelegramYoutubeFacebookANN ThreadReddit
←←←←←←←←←←...WHITELIST Registration is OPEN...→→→→→→→→→→
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:05:16 PM

Trig was traded on bittrex. Burned a lot of their tokens and made x3 after that. Now it is delisted from bittrex. Lots of coins burning their tokens.  

steins19

Activity: 275
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:10:16 PM

There are a lot of coins out there in the market. You'll just got to research what are those coins. There are trusted site in which rates in Coins aren't bias. If you really want to know what coins are circulating around the market you need to research harder and read the forum.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:19:43 PM

Absolutely there are coins which will be lost, forgotten, destroyed and abandoned.
Because we are dealing with a digital entity a number of things can happen
particularly human related.

Forgetting wallet passwords and sending coins to different token addresses are the
two most frequent occurances for unusable coins and decreasing coin amounts.
Other factors like discarding old hardware while forgetting there is crypto stored on
it has happened in the past particularly when BTC was valued at a couple of $'s

Hardware failure is another one but not a big factor but does happen.

Abandonment is another possibility. Personally I have some crypto on exchanges with
nominal amounts still in wallets and it is not economically viable to retrieve them
and possibly will never be possible because of the fees involved but all these small
values amount to something.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
teilwalL05

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:24:53 PM

In my opinion and in my understanding when the circulating supply is lesser the further the price will increase because now the demand for that certain coin will increase but it will always go to a certain point that if that coin will be on a hype for that community, Well I have known ICO's that are burning their token so the price would pump considering this everytime some sell their token there is fee to burn up the token after you exchange it in their market place.
pooque

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:26:14 PM

There are some coins which has burned their supply to be able to increased its value,ICOs are commonly doing this coin burning when the total token supply didnt sold out they will burn it which is a good thing for most of investors and bounty hunters because the coin value will surely increase after the burn following the law of supply and demand.

Kolokoy

Activity: 196
Merit: 50

OMNI TOKEN PLATFORM FOR PAYMENTS

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 04:30:56 PM

Are there any coins which are deleted as the time passes so as to decrease the supply and increase its value.

There are some Altcoin company that they're burning their coin supply even I don't know how they do it but there are some Altcoin supply that needs to be decrease with some of their personal reasons.
One of Crypto that I owned is Oyster Pearl PRL and last few days the announced that they're going to burn 10 million coins this coming first week of March.
But nobody were worried because as the dev said - it will do help surge the PRL price as the total supply will decrease.
At some point it's ok as long as our coins will stay the same except the price.
They said that the PRL price will be increased as well.

lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:33:00 PM

Supply doesn't matter. Only market cap. If a $1 coin with 10 circulating increases x10 in market cap, it's now got a market cap of $100 and $10 per coin, if a coin that costs $0.1 and supply of 100 increases x10, now the coin is worth $1 and the market cap is $100. Same difference.
Coin burns can never impact the price, because they burn from total supply, not from circulating supply.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
Albert211994

Activity: 148
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 04:33:42 PM

There are projects that do that to their tokens. One example could be EQUAL, they burn a part of their coins whenever it is transferred to reduce the circulationg supple. Others burn it on a regular basis.
Bonakid

Activity: 224
Merit: 121

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:08:36 AM
Merited by madwica (3), cipher-x_09 (1)

Less circulation of coins makes the value more stable or quietly slow progress, those coin is for long term holding. For me i recommend to buy those coins which the demand continuously increasing but be careful for the coins which only pump and dump that is very risky to invest. To avoid that read the white paper of their project to know if the coin has big chance to increase its value.
Agree with you, as i can see in most of the crypto exchange those coins are quietly stable its value and yes some of those coin are good to hold but they some of them are not totally good to hold for long period of time because slow increasing of demand the slower increasing of value that is why many investors sell those coin and find other coin which is much better that they can able to get much quicker profit.
And also agree that we need to base in their white paper to lessen the risk of our investments. Also i recommend to invest the only amount that you can afford to lose.
bishopcrypto

Activity: 139

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2018, 01:17:42 AM

Secret God (SGD) has 3.5 million and will like get burned in half quickly.

Coins are burned as people redeem for membership (1000), which will cost $50,000 equivalent in fiat at end of year, and $100,000 the next year.

Seems like a lot, but similar membership societies price out at $500,000 and up to $15 million.  Shocked

So two things are set to happen to this token: 1) priced against a real-world value (equiv is $50 each token) and 2) tokens are burned when people redeem them for membership.

In theory you can redeem your tokens right away after token sale, then sell the membership token at the fiat price in the future. OR hold the tokens until there are only a few left, and offer a discount on the membership by way of a slightly lower priced token.

But why would anyone swap for membership? Because membership has revenue share on society projects and a bunch of other privileges, notably, sex parties (!).

j/k about sex parties, but you never know.

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️FULLYREKT.COM☀️
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: