Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:11:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Pyramid [Beta] - the oldest working pyramid? [OLD THREAD]  (Read 62407 times)
metaperl

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 07:15:05 AM

What I don't understand is how the unlimited hierarchy helps you. You receive 50% of the income of your direct referrals but nothing from indirect referrals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 03:35:27 PM

What I don't understand is how the unlimited hierarchy helps you. You receive 50% of the income of your direct referrals but nothing from indirect referrals.

Not exactly right. Please see http://bitcoinpyramid.com/rules for details.

blockexplorer down today  Sad    blockexplorer may have outlived it usefulness... can the bitcoinpyramid be redirected to blockchain.info instead?

Yes, should do this.

Hello,

I became a member of the group almost two months ago. I am very interested in helping to develop, grow and spread the word about the program.

I want to voice a suggestion of restructuring the format to a basic, and straight forward format that would entail members joining the group with a required specified amount, for example: 1 BTC. Every new member would fill in equally and move up equally, regardless of referral or not. So with a 100 person group, the payout for exiting a 1 BTC structure would be 100 BTC. The reason this format could be more effective, is because we would have at least one person reaching the top and getting paid out everyday! This fact would multiply interest in the system and create momentum. The motivation for members to promote the system and bring new members in could be greater this way because it would eliminate non paying members taking up positions, the payout would be much more attractive and frequent, and therefore more exciting!

I don't know if this is something that has been attempted in the past, if not, then we should open a discussion about this. The oldest working pyramid in the bitcoin domain should not only be alive, it should be thriving!!

Thanks for your idea. Though not sure how it fits the current pyramid hierarchy (that should be preserved). I'd prefer just to convert all the balances & transfers into USD or some rapidly inflating currency. But I don't have time nor enthusiasm to do it.

Probably I should release the sources and transfer the domain name to some responsible party who could run & develop it. Maybe I should sell domain for bitcoins to that responsible party and distribute them among existing members with respect to their deposited money.

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1000

Bass Player

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 08:03:57 PM

I have two addresses that i created at tradehill.com years ago and instawallet. The money you distribute in those three address would simply be wasted money as all the money going into them now is.... it is so sad..

BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 08:14:16 PM

Just joined and I love the site so far don't change it!   Smiley

Here is my member link:
BitcoinPyramid.com

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

batt01

Activity: 279
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:22:48 PM

Join using my ref link. My children are hungry.
http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/9415

BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:01:06 PM

One suggestion I had, was adding a feature/pool that benefits members that have deposited more recently. That would encourage people to keep depositing into the system. Or is this already implemented?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:04:02 PM

Mine spills into a cold wallet:

1Ampeg7EzBvMn7DEpYd1rdmaKFkUREF5hY     ( My Ampeg SVT Savings Account )

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/12345    Join up here!

Thank you and Rock on!

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
February 14, 2014, 10:43:22 PM

The early early adopters deposited much more because BTC was cheaper back then... one of the ideas that the dev was bandying about was converting all the deposits to fiat based on the time they went in... it would add fairness to the system... sort of..  a lot of early adopters might be upset...

It is a complicated experiment...

Fun to watch though...

My regret is using Tradehill ( old version ) and instawallet for some very rich positions... and I don't get the benefit anymore... they closed and I don't have the privatekeys to those addresses. And he made it so you can't change them... ever...
It really sucks...

GregH37
Legendary

Merit: 1037

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 11:54:48 PM

i might give this a try
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:22:23 AM

BTC a little cheaper... tiime to participate...

BTW my pyramid friends....  look at PMC ( premine coin )...

IF I had the server and software I would try a repeat of the Bitcoinpyramid with premine... it would be fun  Smiley

Dev?

We would give you a few t do it...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=427519.0

zyronx
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 03:12:24 AM

Cool program. 

Here is my link Smiley

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/13915
BitPyramid

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2014, 10:59:36 PM

Hello, we just developed a Pyramid scheme, but with a completely different rule set: there is no central wallet, payments are made directly by members to other members (thus nobody need to trust the site owners with money, we couldn't disappear with it even if we were crazy enough to want to); each new member pays a fixed sum to the 5 members directly above in the Pyramid, and then receive payments from the members who join below him/her. Of course, this requires a fixed payment, thus, in order to accommodate members wanting to invest different sums, we had to split the system into multiple Pyramids.

I'm not directly advertising the site link here because it just wouldn't seem fair; if you want to have a look at it, the site URL is in my profile and the discussion topic is in this same forum. Any feedback is of course welcome.

Care to exchange some idea about Pyramids, and maybe some ads?  Smiley
opticbit

Activity: 695
Merit: 502

PGP: 6EBEBCE1E0507C38

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 04:47:40 AM

Since the recent update has reduced miner fees, can the game get a reduced minimum payout, and fees?

Bitrated user: opticbit.
https://www.bitrated.com/opticbit
walterbit

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 10:10:12 PM

I am new to the pyramid, i like a lot the idea!

But now I need referrals  Grin  >>>> http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/14270
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:19:50 AM

A payout today! For someone...

Plenty people sign up, but nary a deposit...

gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:30:07 AM

Hi,
Can you explain how it exactly works? If i understand it i can participate and be a refferal of someone. What is the potential to earn money on this?
BR,
Gondel
kbroadfoot
Legendary

Bass Player

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 02:11:04 PM

Hi,
Can you explain how it exactly works? If i understand it i can participate and be a refferal of someone. What is the potential to earn money on this?
BR,
Gondel

It requires patience! When it first came out BTC was about 2 dollars each and there was far more participation...

You get paid when you refer and a person deposits ( obviously optional )
You get paid when a random payment comes your way.

You chance of hitting a random is porportional to your investment.... so people who dropped 50 BTC in in the old days have a greater chance of hitting a random....

Each deposit you make is split in half:  half to your sponsor and half to a 'random'

However you can only have what up to what you deposited.

If you deposit 0.1 BTC and your referal deposits 2 BTC you only get 0.1 BTC and the other 1.9 BTC heads off to a random....
The exception is the 'no deposit' person....  they can get up to 0.001 from a referral

Also the no deposit person is HIGHLY unlikely to get a random payment at all...

The position ( number 1 ) is also a strange case... they give up half of everything to a random as well...

There is no real 'special' position on the pyramid except those who have a lot of referrals and a large deposit get the most randoms...
And the one just below that person tends to do well...

BTC being so expensive has slowed this pyramid down a lot.... when BTC was cheap there was payments every 10 minute ( i.e. BTC block ) it seemed...

kaprosuchus

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

Compare Cloud Miners By Daily Payout!!

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 03:06:03 PM

You would probably get more participation if you reset the site every 6 months or so, or rebalanced the rewards based on the dollar value of bitcoin at the time of deposit.

As it stands now, a lot of the top advertisements are going to bad URLs/non-existent sites.

Also the people who deposited 1 BTC or more are getting all the "random deposits".

If these deposits were made when BTC was trading for $3.00, it's not really fair for new members to pay $300+ in order to compete.

Check out my list of Top Cloud Miners ranked by Profitability!!
https://sites.google.com/site/freebitcoinsforall/

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 15, 2014, 05:25:25 AM

There are many things that can be done to improve the pyramid, some of them were mentioned earlier in this thread, some of them are trivial to do. The Pyramid is still in Beta and rules are a subject to change, that gives some flexibility.

I am pretty sure it is possible to get more traction for this project. The problem is I am not sure I want this to happen.

So I am thinking about selling the project (domain name, source codes, database dump, bitcoin keys if needed) to somebody who wants it and to distribute the money to the pyramid members.

Here is how it could be done:

1. create an auction for Y days with start price X btc, wait for auction to complete and for winner to pay bitcoins
2. process the database and calculate the USD value of each member's deposit (using the historical average BTCUSD price for the day of deposit)
3. distribute bitcoins received from an auction winner to withdrawal addresses of pyramid members with respect to USD value they deposited
4. decrease withdrawal threshold from 0.021 btc to 0.00021 btc to trigger payouts of unspent balances
5. pass the domain name, source code, database dump and bitcoin addresses to the auction winner

Do you think it is a good plan?

What are the good values for X and Y?

Should there be any additional conditions for the auction? (e. g. should the auction participants promise to keep the service alive, to preserve the userbase, to preserve the pyramid ads, etc?)

Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2014, 05:53:57 AM

Why are you bringing fiat/USD rates into this equation ?

http://bitcoinpyramid.com/member/4795
http://bitcoinpyramid.com/member/5002

Lets not mix oranges and apples. Okie ?

0.12171888 BTC me plzzzz. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: