Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:54:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining ETH or other coins. Is it worth nowadays?  (Read 377 times)
kukelka (OP)

Activity: 186
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:44:59 AM

Hey guys,

I am planning to start mining, but not sure if i am too late or if it's worth to jump in.

Can somebody who doing it already give some info about best part's to buy?
Or maybe share some useful info from your own experience?

More info, more better.

Everyone wants to break even as fast as possible, but maybe there are some not well known techniques/methods to speed up ROI?

Thanks in advance
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:49:37 AM

it is best to ask this (move the topic there) in the mining board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0 and start reading some of the topics. also make sure to check out some calculation websites such as this one: www.coinwarz.com/

what i know is, at the end of the day your profit comes down to a couple of things:
1. costs such as electricity bill and maintenance if it is required.
2. the initial investment which is buying equipment (mostly regarding ROI)
3. which is the most important: your ability to switch from coin to coin.

i believe it is best to always mine the most profitable coin. and since altcoins are pumped a lot sometimes mining one is a lot more profitable that mining others. also you should consider the mining pool fees. sometimes they are not free.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
kukelka (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:00:37 AM

it is best to ask this (move the topic there) in the mining board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=160.0 and start reading some of the topics. also make sure to check out some calculation websites such as this one: www.coinwarz.com/

what i know is, at the end of the day your profit comes down to a couple of things:

i believe it is best to always mine the most profitable coin. and since altcoins are pumped a lot sometimes mining one is a lot more profitable that mining others. also you should consider the mining pool fees. sometimes they are not free.

thank you.

I just noticed that we have mining section in bitcointalk Wink
What you think about just mining ETH?
Also, maybe you know best equipment nowadays to buy or can you link to some thread? Wink

Thank again !
frost_wind

Activity: 560
Merit: 16

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 11:06:05 AM

It depends on many factors : what coin to mine , what hardware to use , price of electricity , price at wich you are able to purchase hardware , possible risks , etc. Also , there are a lot of different algorithms in mining and a lot of them is profitable , only if mining using ASIC's . Nowadays , mining can give profit , or may not . So , you should perform an in-depth analisis before purchasing any hardware , or it could be unprofitable for you

Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:07:33 AM

i am not really a miner although i have been researching a bit to become one. that is why i referred you to that board.
you can see topics like this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1934285.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2345911.0 (️Electroneum)
and a lot more.

as for ethereum mining, i think it is still a good option although the reward dropped if i am not mistaken. and it is getting pumped a lot so you can sell some of your reward to cover some costs and keep the rest to sell in pumps for profit. or some strategy like that.
but i have to say ETH will switch to PoS soon and mining of it will effectively die. but since it is GPU mining and you buy GPUs you can simply use them to mine something else!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Tone147

Activity: 221
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:10:35 AM

In my opinion, it is not a good time to mine ETH.
Because the current ETH machine are expensive, and because the cryptocurrency market is still a bear market, it may take a long time can begin earn money,because the machine and the electricity bills is expensive.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:12:54 AM

Why not? minning is an alternative way to earn coins. we should always minning even if the price is drop, but we can still minning to get more coins. and as the price rises, we can take a lot of profit.
kukelka (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:17:58 AM

i see many antminers are sold here which are created only for mining. but what about buying graphic cards and just building rigs?
What is more better/profitable/easier/cheaper?
freo01

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:21:45 AM

Well , it depends on your capital if you have some cash you can mine on you own in that way you can earn some eth in q decent way,but some tokens can offer you quick to rich way scheme.
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:27:07 AM

i see many antminers are sold here which are created only for mining. but what about buying graphic cards and just building rigs?
What is more better/profitable/easier/cheaper?

Antiminers are created for specific coin to mine for instance S9 version is one of the best for bitcoin mining. As they sell hardware that was made for mining it is one that is the most profitable. Although they ship them in batches and like every batch is full since many people want miners plus the time those batches arrive at your doorstep difficulty can change and you could potentially lose something. On the other hand some people are simply buying them and reselling for much higher prices.

Mining is worth it if you hold and price of particular coin gets higher overtime. I know some people that tell me if you simply mine and cahs out to pay the power costs at the end of the day you might regret that tomorrow if the price raises.

I mean you might even have shortage of graphics card in your country, as I have in mine, since people are buying them to mine coins which could make the building a rig a bit more harder. If for instance you are going to mine some coin such as XMR where there are not specialized hardware best to do is to build a rig.
EMV

Activity: 183

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:27:37 AM

Hey guys,

I am planning to start mining, but not sure if i am too late or if it's worth to jump in.

More info, more better.

Everyone wants to break even as fast as possible, but maybe there are some not well known techniques/methods to speed up ROI?

Thanks in advance
Very hard times, there is one hope. Wanted to collect a new farm, but judging by present earnings - there is no sense, and at those at whom is them a little, the couple can and be stopped, waited or sold out. Always it will be possible to buy new whether there will only be still such opportunity to earn as in the first half of 2017, it is unknown. P.S. the prices of video cards began to fall both in shops, and on Avito.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
hamster fat

Activity: 462

simply getting the job done

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 11:34:39 AM

Yes, unfortunately, the profitability of mining has fallen dramatically, but I'm still continuing to mine, I hope that the prices of crypto currencies will grow and I will get enought profit. While I am accumulating and do not sell my coins.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
kukelka (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 02:48:25 PM

I saw that with radeon rx560 cards we can reach 14mh/s, so it's about $22/month.

Pretty good I think, as these cards arent so expensive.
Bakemat

Activity: 779
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:09:04 PM

Hey guys,

More info, more better.

Thanks in advance
I think mining nowadays still worth it . It was never too late in mining. Ethereum which remains one of the more profitable crypto coins out there so it was a good choice in mining it. The Ethereum is the same on Bitcoin , except that you can more easily mine the Ethereum coins via your computer and that money will go directly into the UNICEF wallet than in Bitcoin.
qiman

Activity: 1036
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 03:14:46 PM

My Father in law bought some mining contracts in hashflare but now he said with the prices for Bitcoin and Ethereum dropping so low, he may not even see his money back after the contract expires so for buying mining contracts, i do not think it is profitable right now. I am not sure though if you purchase your own equipment if you will come out on top unless you decide also to mine new coin launches as well. I think one new coin KREDS has come out for mining, might be worth a shot while the coin s young. You may try mining new coins and see what happens.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
CryptoPushkin

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:21:55 PM

Unless you have very cheap electricity I am not sure you can make a profit mining nowadays. Also consider the future perspectives of the price. If we are entering in a bear market and you are starting to mine now, you are basically ruined. It happened to me in 2014.
Maren

Activity: 304
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:23:22 PM

I saw that with radeon rx560 cards we can reach 14mh/s, so it's about $22/month.

rx560 are a waste of space and mining hardware. 570 and 580 are somewhat hiked now, but in longterm still a much better deal. What you want to get are VEGAs and mine cryptonight or 1070/80ti for equihash. Whoever told you the profitability is low has some weird standards. You can calculate everything on whattomine.com, ROI is the same as it was a year ago

kukelka (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:28:02 PM

Unless you have very cheap electricity I am not sure you can make a profit mining nowadays. Also consider the future perspectives of the price. If we are entering in a bear market and you are starting to mine now, you are basically ruined. It happened to me in 2014.

what price for electricity is cheap for you? Wink

what you will mine today, will be worth several times more in the future.In my opinion.
kukelka (OP)

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:29:54 PM

rx560 are a waste of space and mining hardware. 570 and 580 are somewhat hiked now, but in longterm still a much better deal. What you want to get are VEGAs and mine cryptonight or 1070/80ti for equihash. Whoever told you the profitability is low has some weird standards. You can calculate everything on whattomine.com, ROI is the same as it was a year ago

as I am newbie at this stuff I really dont understand what VEGAs is and what cryptonight or 1070/80ti for equihash is too ? Cheesy

sorry mate, but can you explain a bit more. I am sure this will help to other people too.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:31:09 PM

Before you mining! You need to check:
All info carefull to get profit!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: