Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 01:17:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Choose 4 (four) most influencing parameters for you, when you decide, what exchange to use for trading.
1. Crypto-favorable country of Exchange's registration - 11 (6%)
2. High degree of security - 49 (26.6%)
3. Fast and excellent customer support - 27 (14.7%)
4. Reliable reputation and positive clients feedbacks - 37 (20.1%)
5. The lowest fees - 20 (10.9%)
6. Ability to buy/sell at best prices - 16 (8.7%)
7. Availability of margin or/and derivatives trading - 8 (4.3%)
8. Ease of use - 16 (8.7%)
Total Voters: 60

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How you choose the exchange for trading? Vote!  (Read 731 times)
Kramblerty

Activity: 266
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:44:16 PM

How many votes are going to be collected by this post?
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:01:30 PM

For me main parameters are - high degree of security, solid reputation and positive clients feedbacks, the lowest fees on the market (Binance), availability of margin trading (Bitfinex).
I guess binance really came to make an impact in the market with their fees and it is working. Personally, as long as security is not an issue, then I am good, the rest is just a matter of weighing the options and seeing how they all stand out from each other, which balls down to the other benefits.

I believe when security and customer support is fine, normally, the review should be perfect. Ease of use though is something I really do not consider as long as I can make use of the exchange API on a trading tool.
Jekbolt (OP)

Merit: 20

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:31:37 PM

For me main parameters are - high degree of security, solid reputation and positive clients feedbacks, the lowest fees on the market (Binance), availability of margin trading (Bitfinex).
I guess binance really came to make an impact in the market with their fees and it is working. Personally, as long as security is not an issue, then I am good, the rest is just a matter of weighing the options and seeing how they all stand out from each other, which balls down to the other benefits.

I believe when security and customer support is fine, normally, the review should be perfect. Ease of use though is something I really do not consider as long as I can make use of the exchange API on a trading tool.

What trading tool (via API) are you using?
LaLegiste

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:46:37 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 05:57:06 PM by LaLegiste

i've voted for:
2. High degree of security
4. Reliable reputation and positive clients feedbacks
But as my practice shows you should add the point for many altcoins listed or fast listing of alts etc. Because i'm using some exchanges i don't trust in security and which have bad reputation but only they have some alts listed i want to invest into. I'm sure many people do the same.

Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 06:58:08 PM

i've voted for:
2. High degree of security
4. Reliable reputation and positive clients feedbacks
But as my practice shows you should add the point for many altcoins listed or fast listing of alts etc. Because i'm using some exchanges i don't trust in security and which have bad reputation but only they have some alts listed i want to invest into. I'm sure many people do the same.

Thanks for vote! it (many altcoins listed) was already included..look at #6. Ability to buy/sell at best prices. "Means an abundance of trading pairs..."
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:43:47 AM

How many votes are going to be collected by this post?

HI! when we reach 100 I take the results and put them into base topic for further discussions.
SergiOLa

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:36:23 PM

I don't often use exchangers but for me it is a must that it has great security in protecting my investments. It is also a must that an exchanger is very easy to use especially for newbies where they can do transaction easily and instantly. Lower trading fees is a good attraction too as we know that blockchain transaction fees are quite expensive nowadays so it would be nice to have trading fees which are very affordable.
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:23:07 AM

I don't often use exchangers but for me it is a must that it has great security in protecting my investments. It is also a must that an exchanger is very easy to use especially for newbies where they can do transaction easily and instantly. Lower trading fees is a good attraction too as we know that blockchain transaction fees are quite expensive nowadays so it would be nice to have trading fees which are very affordable.

Please also vote!...how many clicks before bitcoin is bought are good of you (simplicity)?
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 07:25:35 AM

I consider one of the main criteria for choosing-it security and the ability to quickly withdraw its investments!
Regards Denis!
Security is a parameter that anyone will definitely choose first and this is a necessity for me. Customer support on the other hand is a must for any exchange and any exchange that ends up having a bad customer support pisses me off instantly. If an exchange can have this two, I am sure they should be considered reputable, the rest on the list are just minor things I can easily overlook, as long as I can easily make my trade.

Options 2 to 5 for me has always been the main parameters are look at anyway but most of all, it is that security. We sure cannot guarantee full security with any exchange, as anything can happen, even trusted exchanges in the past has been dealt with by hackers, but at least a little bit of hope is good enough. If I cannot sleep all night and thinking about my funds not being secured, why would I ever put funds in such exchange and that is a way of sending a message to Yobit and HitBtc users. Grin
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:50:20 AM

This is indeed a good list of good exchange parameters. The top four parameters I chose:

1) Crypto-favorable country of Exchange's registration - Certainly you wouldn't want to set up an exchange in China right now.
2) High degree of security - Can't be traded with any other parameter
3) Fast and excellent customer support - Hint:Poloniex
4) Ease of use - For people like me, who aren't a big fan of advanced features.

I did not choose "lowest fees" and "Ability to buy/sell at best prices" because these things are already competitive and so no big difference.
"Availability of margin or/and derivatives trading", haven't tried these features. I just go for market price, LOL!

Right, most exchanges will already know by now that the only way they can compete among themselves is basically the fee which to me I want to believe should not be much of a huge parameter, since the fees generally has not always been a problem unless a particular exchange wants to go overboard with a higher fee than the normal industry standard. Security is necessary for me and most especially customer support as I would not want to contact support and not get response until 5 months later.
lhflyfeihong01

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:53:00 AM

High degree of security and easy use are the most important features for me!
So I prefer the Binance!
I think the Binance is the best centralized exchange in the world!
nextel

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:35:56 AM

For me the best Coin Exchange that is offering me good income return on trading are these two exchanges: Bitrexx and Binance.
They are offering trading Bots that will take care of your monitoring and will hit buy and sell automatically when you do set them into your desired settings of prices and volume.
For me, I don't want to sit whole day for monitoring and tracking the prices because the trading Bots will do the rest and you could spend all your time on other things like family and other important things like local businesses.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
nextel

Activity: 154

Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Eth

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:39:25 AM

High degree of security and easy use are the most important features for me!
So I prefer the Binance!
I think the Binance is the best centralized exchange in the world!

Indeed, Binance and other Top Coin Exchange in the market had always offer more securities unlike decentralized coins exchange in the market.
Binance is one of the highest security level today and the other more important to me is I can set trading on my favorite coins on real time even I am away on my chair because Trading Bots are doing the real time monitoring and hit Buy and Sell for my convenience.
I really do appreciate Trading Bots on Binance, Bitrexx and other Top Coin Exchanges that offers this kind of A.I.  Technology.

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱   MAY 1st     [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
■ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████   FACEBOOK   TWITTER   LINKEDIN   MEDIUM   TELEGRAM   ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ■
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 03:41:16 PM

OP created an excellent vote. We saw that the low commission and large earnings mean much less for people than the risks associated with security. Client support is also very important. There are exchanges that generally live their own lives. They do not respond to traders, they do not respond to messages from the founders of projects that write that the project is compromised and you need to remove tokens from sales before clarifying all the circumstances. But such as IDEX continue trading.

AlexOnix

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:50:45 PM

OP created an excellent vote. We saw that the low commission and large earnings mean much less for people than the risks associated with security. Client support is also very important. There are exchanges that generally live their own lives. They do not respond to traders, they do not respond to messages from the founders of projects that write that the project is compromised and you need to remove tokens from sales before clarifying all the circumstances. But such as IDEX continue trading.

Yes, it is indeed a very useful vote. Well, I unfortunately have not met the exchanges which have no problems with internal support, so as users very many this fact you can understand and accept.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:35:57 AM

Thank you for feedback! yes... the aim of this Poll is to understand and show the exchange owners the most important concerns of traders.
hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:27:53 AM

For me:
+ Deposit and withdaw in blocktimes
+ Suport most altcoin and token
+ Security and privacy
+ Good support
Jekbolt (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 04:44:00 PM

For me:
+ Deposit and withdaw in blocktimes
+ Suport most altcoin and token
+ Security and privacy
+ Good support

And don't you care of what fees will be charged for deposit and withdraw, are there limits on withdrawal?
AlexOnix

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:35:26 PM

Thank you for feedback! yes... the aim of this Poll is to understand and show the exchange owners the most important concerns of traders.

I think for a long time exchanges will be brought to perfection. While we have to settle for what we have. The most important thing is of course the issue of security I think.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
rayyanep

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:39:35 PM

For me I will always look for:-

1. High degree of security
2. Reliable reputation and positive clients feedbacks
3. The lowest fees