Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:14:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mail from no-reply@myetherwallet.com via idealflatmate.co.uk  (Read 155 times)
omorfi (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:03:04 PM

I received an email with a message ;
"Hard fork...
MyEtherWallet code will be forked to create MyCrypto Service!
Hard fork is comming soon. As we roll this out, please be aware that we will not be able to recover funds sent to incorrect wallets / addresses.  We are excited to let you know that your new wallet address has been generated. We advise that your future transfers are sent to your upgraded wallet address."
There is an ether wallet adress and a private key at the bottom of the mail message

I am not sure what is that ? This seems very weird to me. Could be a phishing attempt maybe ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Murloc

Activity: 322
Merit: 103

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:21:31 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2018, 07:41:26 PM by Murloc
Merited by omorfi (1)

MEW team had some problems so some of them decided to leave and make another project: MyCrypto, thats their twitter https://twitter.com/mycrypto that previously was MEW twitter as I remember.
MEW is still working fine but the part of their team is now working on the new wallet. But anyway this e-mail is a bit strange because you never leave your e-mail while creating a MEW wallet.
They had a conflict inside the tram, there is some more details from the offical sources:
https://www.ethnews.com/myetherwallet-cofounders-feuded-over-access-financial-information
https://medium.com/@badrinat/myetherwallet-mycrypto-the-litigation-story-between-kosala-kvhnuke-hemachandra-and-taylor-36d88f4786cb

hardly

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:24:15 PM

Stuff is getting shady by the minute
cryptamod

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:34:10 PM

"Hard fork...
Hard fork is comming soon. As we roll this out, please be aware that we will not be able to recover funds sent to incorrect wallets / addresses.  We are excited to let you know that your new wallet address has been generated. We advise that your future transfers are sent to your upgraded wallet address."
There is an ether wallet adress and a private key at the bottom of the mail message

I am not sure what is that ? This seems very weird to me. Could be a phishing attempt maybe ?
Wow thats a new thing an exchange fork?seems to be more shady because the mew team has some factions right now because some employee of mew has changed the official mew twitter into mycrypto.com which is the new exchange of those people who split from the mew's team.Lets have some confirmation team from the myetherwallet.com team so we could be sure that this is official and not a scam.

TWITTER ◣                                ☆ FLUX ☆                             ◢ WHITEPAPER  ◤   17 - 24
       WEBSITE ◣                    GAMING ECOSYSTEM                     ◢ MEDIUM                 April     
           TELEGRAM ◣     VALVE ✧ UBISOFT ✧ Origin ✧ GAMELOFT    ◢ FACEBOOK        Public Sale ◢   
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 546

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:37:25 PM

"Hard fork...
Hard fork is comming soon. As we roll this out, please be aware that we will not be able to recover funds sent to incorrect wallets / addresses.  We are excited to let you know that your new wallet address has been generated. We advise that your future transfers are sent to your upgraded wallet address."

I guess it's just a phishing attempt. Is there any link at this mail? Take a look at the URL of that link. It would probably be something like mycryplo.com or some another piece of shit.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 06:47:08 PM

how they have your email? i also have a wallet but i didn't received the email.. you should be careful while clicking on the links in the emails

omorfi (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 264

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 08:08:11 PM
Merited by hagiyatmaz (1)

Thats why i found this very weird. I dunno how they found my mail..
But phishers can find my mail adress from bounty spreadsheets easily..Maybe this phishers located on this forum or not. I am not sure
Both of you use MEW i think. Guys did you receive any mail message like this ?
EricExxo

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:57:28 PM

Sounds like scam email. Better play safe.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: