Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:28:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of Coins-E - they are stealing coins from the users  (Read 10763 times)
sumantso (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:07:18 PM

Received a reply from them:

Hi,
Sorry for the delayed response. You could check your wallet now. The issue has been resolved. Thank you for your patience.

--
Thank you
Coins-e Support team

Of course, nothing actually came into the wallet. I checked the block explorer and still 12k PXC doesn't show up on it (http://explorer.phenixcoin.com/a/PiKzgFoHJd). I don't understand whether they are really really dumb or just trolling me Sad

Would have been easier if they just told me they stole my coins. At least I won't have any hopes then (not that I have much anyways).

"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:20:03 PM

I know a bit off topic, but I really love how you suggest some of these folks can be "found in the chat box" or "resident" of the box.. heh.

Hopefully this is resolved.

BTC Long.
sumantso (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 11:43:23 PM

I know a bit off topic, but I really love how you suggest some of these folks can be "found in the chat box" or "resident" of the box.. heh.

Heh indeed. I actually dropped by in chat and found those two. Now I have taken up residence there and scaring away everybody Grin

I doubt this will be resolved; especially since they are blatantly claiming that it is resolved.

BitCoiner2012

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:17:16 AM

Heh indeed. I actually dropped by in chat and found those two. Now I have taken up residence there and scaring away everybody Grin

I doubt this will be resolved; especially since they are blatantly claiming that it is resolved.

Yes, the latter is not always the best indicator. I am keeping a six foot pole between myself and the current shady exchange goings on with more than just Coins-E.

BTC Long.
jahmonaut

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:18:53 AM

Coins-e always struck me as a get-rich-quick scheme for the dev, it was always the first to collect any bounty for a new coin being listed on an exchange, without discrimination. Dodgy.
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:19:03 PM

I sent a friendly note to them yesterday asking if they had any updates on the situation.  Still waiting to hear back...
sumantso (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:46:22 PM

The resident chatbox loyalist who mailed on my behalf also received a similar reply
Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. You could tell ........... to check his wallet now. The issue has been resolved. We have mailed him too, about the issue being resolved. Thank you for your support.

Anyways, have mailed them 4 times already and he has mailed too on my half. Really don't get why they are lying. I mean everybody can see on the block explorer that they are lying.

I sent a friendly note to them yesterday asking if they had any updates on the situation.  Still waiting to hear back...
Good luck, though be prepared to receive a mail that you have, indeed, received the PXCs  Roll Eyes Grin

Zakryze

Activity: 308

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 10:50:39 PM

I moved my funds early enough it seems. lucky me Smiley
sad to hear that though Sad

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

SNttx1hwtpf8TQEK7ZBojcvQrDmBaz9QPK SFC Addy
X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:22:04 AM

If they are stealing now, it is really stupid, the long run is always more profitable.
Criminals usually are stupid.
But it is sad to loose this exchange trust.
I liked it. RIP.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
cryptocoinsnews

Activity: 299

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:28:37 AM

just posted your story on http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/09/18/beware-coins-e-stealing-coins-users-voice/

/David Parker, Director of CCN
Scooby903

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:31:15 PM

Any updates?  I still haven't heard back yet  Roll Eyes
sumantso (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:26:45 PM

Thanks; the more people see it the better. If I had known others had trouble before me I wouldn't have lost money.

Didn't think about posting at cryptocoinsnews - damm. Would have been a nice gig - lose coins -> post your ordeal -> get paid and recover some of them Grin

Any updates?  I still haven't heard back yet  Roll Eyes
No, but I am not giving up. I am camping in their chatbox informing everybody. Somebody nicknamed 'gollum' turned up today and claimed his deposit of 120 odd XPMs hasn't showed up. I pointed him to this thread so hopefully he will post here and inform us whether his problems got solved or not.

Has anyone's problems got solved? What about Oldminer? He had received some reply from them.

Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 08:36:14 PM

They offered to manually process my withdrawal but because they responded I didnt bother with the request and just figured they would follow through. I've emailed them again just now and asked them to manually process the withdrawal to help you guys resolve/investigate this issue Smiley

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 19, 2013, 09:05:15 PM

Well its been over 24 hours and still no withdrawal of my valuecoins. I wont be using this exchange anymore despite the fact the coins may eventually show up. Its been the best part of a week since I tried to make this withdrawal and still nothing - not good enough.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Scooby903

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:09:07 PM

Back to the front page!!!!!!

I still haven't heard a single word from Coins-E  Angry

I don't have a ton invested, but I still want my coins!  Either they are scamming us, or they are too stupid to figure out how to update their client.  This shit is ridiculous...

I have been waiting since Sept. 4th and still nothing
Scooby903

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 02:13:42 PM

Just sent them this note:

Still waiting on my PXC to show up...any ideas?  Have you guys tried updating the client yet?  Can you at least give me some sort of info?  The transaction is not confirmed and I have not received any of my PXC that I withdrew on Sept. 4th; tomorrow will be 3 weeks of not having my coins...
Reaper3

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:06:21 PM

So is it a scam or not?

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 03:17:08 PM

I lost 40k+ PWC there.

Did the coin get 51'd or did they simply take it ?

CryptoBullion

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 03:40:25 PM

i had my hopes up for this exchange, mainly due to their support of all the coins that i could not trade anywhere else....

but there was this issue...

GLC_BTC   Sell   30-Jun-13 01:54:58   0.00000850   5000.00000000   5000.00000000   0.00000000   Rate limited

these "rate limited" trades had been resolved a few times by their support.. but one still remains a mystery....

my balance shows 5000 glc in pending... trade can not be cancelled, and they have seem to think they fixed all my "rate limited" issues.

And WTF is "rate limited" doing on an exchange anyways?Huh with any other exchange you can put bids in of any amount high or low no matter how ridiculous the "rate" is....

I also tried to do a co op advertising with them... they probably got plenty of hits from my pages... and they never returned the favor of advertising my sites. i think i only have their advert left on my block explorers... i guess ill be taking those down too...

maybe the dev was just a nub... and could not handle the project... i get the impression that exchange is a one man team....

im almost leaning towards the "nub dev" idea, or just a one team not big enough to keep up with everything... if its just a one man team than i could understand that he / she would be very swamped with requests...

it looks like people are still trading there.. has anyone had any problems lately or did coins-e get their ducks in a row yet? if they get their stuffs fixed they still owe me some co op advertising  Cheesy

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=268556.0
CryptoPCS.com Prepaid phone refills, post paid phone payments, and bill payments https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285148.0
bholzer

Activity: 490

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 04:08:45 PM

I think the issue here is negligence and not outright fraud. I just withdrew 1 BTC from Coins-E and everything completed without a hitch. However, when I tried to withdraw ~800 Elephantcoins (embarassed to even admit I own these -- yes, I was naive at one point too) I never got the confirmation Email. After about 4 attempts...the Email came through and the withdraw request was processed. Thank God I didn't lose my 20 cents worth of Elephantcoins  Cheesy

I just have a hard time believing they'd want to steal a bunch of random coins...while still allowing people to withdraw BTC. I guess if you're in a rush to pull out of Coins-E...I would suggest trying to trade in your coins for BTC first if you can get a fair price.

There is definitely an issue here...and I would urge everybody to avoid depositing anything into Coins-E...but I'm not prepared to accuse them of outright fraud just yet. Hopefully they get their act together. When they randomly add every coin that is requested to their exchange for a small bribe, it becomes a maintenance nightmare for an exchange. Perhaps this is a good example why it's important to have some integrity and quality control in an exchange. More != better.

I'm sure many of their coin clients are severely out of date...and I know for a fact that they aren't even on the right chains for many of their coins. Just don't trade there until further notice. Hopefully everybody gets their coins back...

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: