Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:58:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recalescence Coins Raffle! [CLOSED] [WINNER WINGSUIT!]  (Read 10103 times)
Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 07:58:14 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2013, 03:28:17 AM by Hexadecibel

CLOSED

Thank you everyone who participated!

Drawing Starts September 22 8pm PST Via U STREAM, at which point the winner will be chosen at random from the ticket holding device.

This post will be updated to provide the link.

Ustream link:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/recalescencecoins

list of raffle entrants:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7sLcZ4VNET7dmIwQ2tuUWJHX1E/edit?usp=sharing

wingsuit, Please PM me with your shipping information! Congratulations!

For those of you who missed the drawing:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/39149617

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 10:17:25 PM

I bought 3!

Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 10:56:35 PM

I bought 3!

Odds are in your favor so far  Wink

https://blockchain.info/address/1L1bA6R4rEBwHEwBMo61JitLt2Q8pvtYr8
Boelens

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:11:52 PM

How do I include a note?
sinner

Activity: 615

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:39:30 PM

would rather see 1 BTC than 1000 mBTC.. if you're trying to distinguish yourself from Casascius, maybe make smaller denomination coins where it would make sense to list in mBTC... like 25 mBTC is better than .025 BTC
Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:47:07 PM

would rather see 1 BTC than 1000 mBTC.. if you're trying to distinguish yourself from Casascius, maybe make smaller denomination coins where it would make sense to list in mBTC... like 25 mBTC is better than .025 BTC

The art distinguishes me from Casascius, mBTC just makes more sense to me at Bitcoins current value.

Smaller denominations are forthcoming 2014 though Wink
Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 11:56:34 PM

How do I include a note?

If you use the blockchain.info wallet, there is a field to include a public note while sending btc,

I'm... not sure how to do it in the bitcoin-qt client...

what client do you use?
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:11:42 AM

public notes are blockchain.info specific and cannot be added/viewed outside the blockchain.info client since they are not a part of the bitcoin protocol.

might be better to let the raffle to just take place, post the transaction, then the person who sent the winning transaction sign a message from one of the txin bitcoin addresses to prove that they entered the raffle and sent that tx.

Will

Boelens

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:15:29 AM

How do I include a note?

If you use the blockchain.info wallet, there is a field to include a public note while sending btc,

what client do you use?

I use Qt. I've never used blockchain before, can I just give you the TX ID?
Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:25:09 AM

public notes are blockchain.info specific and cannot be added/viewed outside the blockchain.info client since they are not a part of the bitcoin protocol.

might be better to let the raffle to just take place, post the transaction, then the person who sent the winning transaction sign a message from one of the txin bitcoin addresses to prove that they entered the raffle and sent that tx.

Will

I'd like keep it as simple as possible... for me.  Tongue

I'm literally putting names in a hat!

I think considering the fact that making a blockchain.info wallet is free and easy,  I'll just update the OP to reflect that blockchain.info wallet must be used to add a note.

But buggers, I figured adding a note was a QT feature as well...

Cheers
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:26:01 AM

The only way to know who sent a transaction is to create a unique address for it.
If you use blockchain.info messages, you are trusting a centralised entity to tell you, and forcing your customers to use a centralised wallet.
The "sign message" feature only supports signing with addresses (ie, proving you can receive), there is no current way to sign as a sender of a transaction.
Bitcoin-Qt 0.9 will be adding support for the payment protocol to make this kind of thing simpler.

Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:27:59 AM

Also, please note that importing private keys is generally dangerous.
If your wallet doesn't support the "sweep private key" feature (Bitcoin-Qt does not!), I suggest using a throwaway wallet and sending the full balance to your real one when done.

Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:29:18 AM

How do I include a note?

what client do you use?

I use Qt. I've never used blockchain before, can I just give you the TX ID?

I'd like to keep things consistent. But fortunately making a blockchain.info wallet is easy Smiley

I really didn't intend on forcing people to use blockchain.info, but I assumed adding a public note to a transaction was a multi-client feature. Well guess whose an ass now. This guy.

sorry.
Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:38:56 AM

The only way to know who sent a transaction is to create a unique address for it.
If you use blockchain.info messages, you are trusting a centralised entity to tell you, and forcing your customers to use a centralised wallet.
The "sign message" feature only supports signing with addresses (ie, proving you can receive), there is no current way to sign as a sender of a transaction.
Bitcoin-Qt 0.9 will be adding support for the payment protocol to make this kind of thing simpler.

Well.. I don't fundamentally disagree with you, but a few things:

1, the address they're sending money to for the Electronic Frontier Foundation donation is a paper wallet generated offline.

2, I don't think they're technically my customers... contestants maybe?

3, blockchain.info does support sweeping private keys, but I think the sweeping of private keys was in referecnce to the destination address, which I already said was a paper wallet that was generated offline. But I have been drinking so I could be wrong.

4, I like blockchian.info...

5, I love you damn developers and all your coding hobnobery! cant wait for 0.9.
  ... and about 0.9... I went through a lot of freaking effort incorporating pgp signed addresses in my site. Is 0.9 pretty much going to nuke that effort?
willphase

Activity: 767

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:41:36 AM

Will

I'd like keep it as simple as possible... for me.  Tongue

my suggestion is simple for you.  All you have to do is wait until the raffle period ends, then go through and count all the payments to the raffle address and put them into a spreadsheet weighted by the amount they paid, then pick one at random, look up the tx, find the source bitcoin address, then post it here and ask that the winner comes forward with a signed message...

Will

Hexadecibel (OP)
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 12:46:29 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 01:03:50 AM by Hexadecibel

Will

I'd like keep it as simple as possible... for me.  Tongue

my suggestion is simple for you.  All you have to do is wait until the raffle period ends, then go through and count all the payments to the raffle address and put them into a spreadsheet weighted by the amount they paid, then pick one at random, look up the tx, find the source bitcoin address, then post it here and ask that the winner comes forward with a signed message...

Will

Your suggestion is not a bad one, but I'm already committed to the current scheme. I like the idea of pulling forum handles out of a hat.

So basically, instead of having people do the extra work required to make a signed message, I'm requiring people to do the extra work to make a blockchian.info wallet (if they don't already have one).

*shrug*
Luke-Jr
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 02:31:45 AM

1, the address they're sending money to for the Electronic Frontier Foundation donation is a paper wallet generated offline.

2, I don't think they're technically my customers... contestants maybe?
Ok, fair point. Hopefully the EFF will use a proper paper wallet at some point instead of address reuse Smiley

3, blockchain.info does support sweeping private keys, but I think the sweeping of private keys was in referecnce to the destination address, which I already said was a paper wallet that was generated offline. But I have been drinking so I could be wrong.
I meant in reference to redeeming the coins themselves.

5, I love you damn developers and all your coding hobnobery! cant wait for 0.9.
  ... and about 0.9... I went through a lot of freaking effort incorporating pgp signed addresses in my site. Is 0.9 pretty much going to nuke that effort?
Well, sending to addresses will still work of course.
Unfortunately, the only user-accessible solution is to rely on CA-based SSL instead though. Sad

tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 04:21:17 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2013, 07:23:48 AM by tiberiandusk

Will be entering as soon as my coins get into a blockchain.info wallet. The EFF are good people.

Edit:

Entered.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Boelens

View Profile
September 15, 2013, 09:25:15 AM

Bought 5 tickets.
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2013, 11:31:41 AM

Shit. I thought Electrum supported note message's...
TX: 8759e1dd1b201a5b80e73e2abdfa55e22a4a2bfdea9c1080ba4625a1c3487987
Address: 1ESKhXAnw8MuEus52DsC4Hp9UcaDBN9Xjk

I can sign with the address if needed. I bought 5 tickets.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀