Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: There are some rumors going around that I am "slimy" and possibly a "scammer"...  (Read 8299 times)
Anonymous

July 16, 2011, 04:22:27 PM

I am not going to bother with words. I'll deal in actions. If I have collected money from you and did not provide the proper value in return, please post 1) how much I collected 2) the relative date and 3) the project it was towards. I will verify it on my end and return what is due.

To the donators of my TV Ad: It is being made as I speak and the bounty will be paid to the producer once it is finished. Give the production two more weeks before requesting a refund.

Thank you all for your spirit and insights.

Godspeed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 07:10:35 PM

This is a very reasonable and responsible way to handle this.  I hope no one is making up accusations just to be a jerk.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 07:18:56 PM

you would be better off requesting that previous contacts post good references in addition to this.

YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 07:19:50 PM

Yeah right, and I suppose you're denying that you killed and raped a girl in 1990 as well!
dinzy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 07:38:35 PM

Yeah right, and I suppose you're denying that you killed and raped a girl in 1990 as well!

Oh C'mon, it's not rape if she's already dead.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 07:53:31 PM

Oh C'mon, it's not rape if she's already dead.
That's not what she said!
digigalt

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 09:47:56 PM

You keep coming up with hare-brained schemes that are very, very poorly though out. The BitPeace thing was a big example of this. You proposed selling self-defense weapons online without even bothering to research the legality of selling those items through the Internet. It's increasingly more obvious that you're a child with either a) a limited knowledge of how the real world works , b) subpar intelligence, or c) an inability to follow through with anything you do.
ctoon6

Merit: 251

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 09:54:44 PM

You keep coming up with hare-brained schemes that are very, very poorly though out. The BitPeace thing was a big example of this. You proposed selling self-defense weapons online without even bothering to research the legality of selling those items through the Internet. It's increasingly more obvious that you're a child with either a) a limited knowledge of how the real world works , b) subpar intelligence, or c) an inability to follow through with anything you do.

You can sell anything you want to on the internet, just make sure you wrap it up real good in a lead box or other container able to prevent xrays.

myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 09:57:40 PM

If I rub your belly button gem, do I get a wish?

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 10:30:48 PM

I think many people are much too harsh to Atlas.

If some of you bothered to read his posts you would know that he is well aware of posting new ideas even if they are not fully thought through. That way we can all participate in the process of weeding out the non-viable ones or help develop them further. Some ideas may be more inspirational than others, but most give at least some food for thought.

It is a strategy you might disagree with, but accusing him of subpar intelligence is in no way justified!

I respect Atlas for I have never met anyone who is that far away from me ideologically and who at the same time exhibits his level of politeness, thoughtful argumentation and well mannered style of debate. I also respect him for being consistent in his views and for his commitment to the Bitcoin project as a whole.

You may or may not agree with his views or his ways of posting new ideas, but everyone coming up with personal accusations should really think twice before posting. This community would not be the same without him and although I couldn't disagree more with most of his political views, I really hope all these ad hominem comments regarding him would come to an end.

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
nemo

Activity: 500
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 10:35:14 PM

Just waiting for Atlast to post a thread called "I just sneezed" in hopes that one of you guys replies "god bless you"
digigalt

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 10:35:44 PM

If some of you bothered to read his posts you would know that he is well aware of posting new ideas even if they are not fully thought through. That way we can all participate in the process of weeding out the non-viable ones or help develop them further. Some ideas may be more inspirational than others, but most give at least some food for thought.

It is a strategy you might disagree with, but accusing him of subpar intelligence is in no way justified!

I respect Atlas for I have never met anyone who is that far away from me ideologically and who at the same time exhibits his level of politeness, thoughtful argumentation and well mannered style of debate. I also respect him for being consistent in his views and for his commitment to the Bitcoin project as a whole.

You may or may not agree with his views or his ways of posting new ideas, but everyone coming up with personal accusations should really think twice before posting. This community would not be the same without him and although I couldn't disagree more with most of his political views, I really hope all these ad hominem comments regarding him would come to an end.

There's a difference between posting a new idea by saying, "Hey, guys, what do you think about X?" and "I'm launching X and am taking donations for X." The former simply presents an idea. The latter presents an idea and solicits funds for it with the implication that said idea will actually come to fruition.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 10:40:44 PM

There's a difference between posting a new idea by saying, "Hey, guys, what do you think about X?" and "I'm launching X and am taking donations for X." The former simply presents an idea. The latter presents an idea and solicits funds for it with the implication that said idea will actually come to fruition.

So, Kickstarter's just a horrible idea all around then?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
digigalt

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 10:46:19 PM

So, Kickstarter's just a horrible idea all around then?

Most of the projects on Kickstarter aren't initiated by a 17-year old, home-schooled libertarian with a track record for abandoning every single project he's ever started.
PinkiePie

Activity: 70

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 10:50:18 PM

You're trolly trashing of the guy would be more convincing if even a single person had come forward so far to say they were ripped off.    Huh

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 10:50:47 PM

Most of the projects on Kickstarter aren't initiated by a 17-year old, home-schooled libertarian with a track record for abandoning every single project he's ever started.

They're also not presented to 45-year old internet trolls who live in their mother's basement.

JeffK

Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 11:22:16 PM

Most of his writings look to me like they fall into one of two categories:

A) An average dumb idea any teenager might have
B) The writings of a sociopath or someone going through early stages of schizophrenia (makes sense, since he posted that he is on meds and he is also near the "onset age")

The ones in category A, combined with his willingness to accept money without fully thought out ideas, leads me to believe he is either dumb or a scammer.

The ones that fall into the B category make me think he should spend time getting treated instead of being online.
CryptoCommodity

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 11:23:35 PM

I am not sure where these rumors would be going around?

I don't know Atlas and am fairly new to this board but from my perspective Atlas seems like he has good intentions and possibly some worthwhile ideas but he lacks the knowledge necessary to bring any of these to fruition.

LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 11:31:48 PM

+1 to Atlas, who I hired and partially paid weeks ago to write a short story for me. He ultimately decided to not create the final product, but did refund my payment plus extra.

I do not believe he is a scammer.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2011, 12:32:15 AM

If you gave him a donation, that is your own stupid fault and you may as well be "a dumb 17-year old" yourself. If you don't like him because he posts a lot of wild ideas, maybe the internet is not the right place for you.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: