Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:51:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Um so... Merits... Is there a official thread about them?  (Read 143 times)
Decoded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:44:49 PM

Just came back after a H I A T U S from here. Looking at boards and threads make me feel like I'm in a crowded room...

Can someone link me to an official post from a mod or something regarding Merits? I think I understand they allow you to rank up, but how many are needed to, and how many do I need?

Found it. Think I'm losing my sight. Anywho, how much should I give?

I just gave 20. Maybe it was too much? lmfao

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:04:16 PM
Merited by Decoded (1)

Just came back after a H I A T U S from here. Looking at boards and threads make me feel like I'm in a crowded room...

Can someone link me to an official post from a mod or something regarding Merits? I think I understand they allow you to rank up, but how many are needed to, and how many do I need?

Found it. Think I'm losing my sight. Anywho, how much should I give?

I just gave 20. Maybe it was too much? lmfao

Official thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2818350.0

And please be cautious spending merit points. As per your merit summary, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=523317, you gave 40 to two replies. Merits are scarce, spend wisely.
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:09:38 PM

I do not know about this merit system since I am newbie with bitcoin. Yet it seems like it is difficult to get that merit system because it is being granted to a commendable post. As a newbie how do we get a good post that even in some areas of bitcoin we do know how it works? This is really bad? I get some point of view of some members here with the merit system this could avoid spammers or users with multiple accounts. I hope that there could be another way in avoiding spammers even without implenting merit system.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 01:16:28 PM

I do not know about this merit system since I am newbie with bitcoin. Yet it seems like it is difficult to get that merit system because it is being granted to a commendable post. As a newbie how do we get a good post that even in some areas of bitcoin we do know how it works? This is really bad? I get some point of view of some members here with the merit system this could avoid spammers or users with multiple accounts. I hope that there could be another way in avoiding spammers even without implenting merit system.

Imagine that you are in a café with your friends talking. If you add something valuable to their discussion then they will like it and give you a reward (sMerit), if you talk without adding anything to the discussion, you will get nothing.
Ignore the Merit system for the moment, start surfing the forums and learn about Bitcoin first, then you could worry about it later.
@Decoded : lock this topic maybe? Wink

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
guschin

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:19:07 PM

I do not know about this merit system since I am newbie with bitcoin. Yet it seems like it is difficult to get that merit system because it is being granted to a commendable post. As a newbie how do we get a good post that even in some areas of bitcoin we do know how it works? This is really bad?

It is obvious that not everyone will be expert or have all the information about Bitcoins. But you can always learn and improve. I suggest you to read more especially posts from members who are getting good number of merits.

I get some point of view of some members here with the merit system this could avoid spammers or users with multiple accounts. I hope that there could be another way in avoiding spammers even without implenting merit system.

There are various other ways like banning members with shit posts. These steps will require more work from current moderators and they do not have time for that.
Decoded (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:56:53 PM

If you don't know how it works, you shouldn't rank up. I've seen way too many hero members that font understand how the blockchain works. People think that ranking up should be based on how active you are. No, it should show how experienced you are with Bitcoin. It should be hard to rank up. I think merits are a great idea.

@Decoded : lock this topic maybe? Wink

Just woke up Smiley of course!

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: