Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:00:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What project is scam?  (Read 775 times)
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:27:22 PM

Thanks the author for the list. I woilud add roadmap as a importnant step. Roadmap sholud be very detailed. And the terms that the developers set themselves should be adequate to the task posed.

you are welcome =)
Vit83

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:28:11 PM

Good idea is to take a foto of the team and check on google. Sometimes you can find that this is not a real person or different name. Team must have profiles for a long time in social overwise it looks like scam, if people hiding their faces and real names.

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:34:17 PM

Good idea is to take a foto of the team and check on google. Sometimes you can find that this is not a real person or different name. Team must have profiles for a long time in social overwise it looks like scam, if people hiding their faces and real names.

if there are no real people it's 100% scam
reighbut2017

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:49:54 PM

thank you so much for your interest to help others, your checklist is clear and very informative, I can now invest and join to a project safely and away from scam.
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:59:01 PM

thank you so much for your interest to help others, your checklist is clear and very informative, I can now invest and join to a project safely and away from scam.

you are welcome  Smiley

but please not these tips do not guarantee you anything
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:07:36 PM

I don't believe taking a photo of the teams and managers  will help to know a scam ICO. The scam ICO's to me they have the most effective team, they are there to answer any question and they solved problems anytime you call on them a topical example is Benebit ICO they are one of the best active team I have ever work with but they vanish over night with investors money and all the hunters labour in vain.  (Benebit ICO)
Leocrypto da Vinci

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

OMNITY Knowledge, connected

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:17:03 PM

Well, you made an excellent work: now scammers have a check list on what they need to focus on, just to make a better scam! :-)
OK, I'm kidding, but only partially: 90% of an ICO is just marketing, and they concentrate much more on the appearance of a project than on its substance.
So, it's very difficult to detect a scam.

https://OMNITY.io/ico
               Knowledge, connected.               
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight.
cherryganda

Activity: 728
Merit: 131

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:33:29 PM
Merited by ynatopak14 (11)

A project is a scam if you need to send little amoung of ETH to devs wallet to have some airdrop, even if you have the token that the airdrop provided it is pretty sure that more than 50 percent of the total number of tokens are in developers hand and waiting for some bull trap in the market soon.
SCAM PROJECT OF ICO EXAMPLE: MILK ICO, the dev run the money from ICO.
Black_fox

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:38:30 PM

Thank you, took a note. Very useful information

💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰 [ STEALTH PROJECT ] ANONYMOUS BROWSER AND CRYPTO WALLET WITH COIN MIXER 💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰💰
http://stealthwallet.pro
selectaselectine

Activity: 235
Merit: 16

I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 05:56:17 PM

I actually like to agree with the list you have given.

Furthermore, I guess we can all agree that once the certain project asks for your "private key" or anything that is supposed to be private...it can be understood as scam.

shabalinoff

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 06:54:56 PM

You can't always be sure if a project scam or not. But I decided to make a list of steps every newbie should cross before investing a project  Shocked

Step 1 - you need to visit a website. You need to make sure there is white paper, team, advisors and links to social networks (a project without this information can't be trusted);

Step 2 - you need to read a white paper carefully. Pay your attention to the idea, concept and realization;

Step 3 - check out all social networks and blogs. If the project is alive there should be regular updates;

Step 4 - you need to contact the team. The feedback is very important thing. If the team doesn't answer you it is a bad sign;

Step 5 - join this project community (telegram chat or btctalk tread). There should be 24/7 communication;

Step 6 - google information about the project. Read articles about the project, try to find team interview and events they recently visited. It is good if a company exists for a couple of years, has its history and generates revenue;

Step 7 - read information about advisors. If advisors have a good reputation and they have their successful projects.

Here are good developed communities examples:

https://t.me/kickcity_chat
https://t.me/matchpool

If you have you ideas please share. Let's make crypto community safe together!  Wink

This is a great checklist for sorting out ICOs! Very helpful for beginners like me.
Thank you very much!
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:00:51 AM

You can't always be sure if a project scam or not. But I decided to make a list of steps every newbie should cross before investing a project  Shocked

Step 1 - you need to visit a website. You need to make sure there is white paper, team, advisors and links to social networks (a project without this information can't be trusted);

Step 2 - you need to read a white paper carefully. Pay your attention to the idea, concept and realization;

Step 3 - check out all social networks and blogs. If the project is alive there should be regular updates;

Step 4 - you need to contact the team. The feedback is very important thing. If the team doesn't answer you it is a bad sign;

Step 5 - join this project community (telegram chat or btctalk tread). There should be 24/7 communication;

Step 6 - google information about the project. Read articles about the project, try to find team interview and events they recently visited. It is good if a company exists for a couple of years, has its history and generates revenue;

Step 7 - read information about advisors. If advisors have a good reputation and they have their successful projects.

If you have you ideas please share. Let's make crypto community safe together!  Wink

This is a great checklist for sorting out ICOs! Very helpful for beginners like me.
Thank you very much!

you are welcome =)
Moblie_Legend

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:16:13 AM

if for me that's hard to say. because we also do not know which are scam and which are not. so if to distinguish the scam project it already has a lot of information on this
aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 10:41:29 AM

if for me that's hard to say. because we also do not know which are scam and which are not. so if to distinguish the scam project it already has a lot of information on this

And what do you think about projects inside the links?
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:10:33 AM

The lists above is good but it can only help, most projects in the space now can be classified as bluechip tokens and now it is difficult for small project with less capital for marketing to attract advisor to their platform. About whitepaper it is just IMO, most of these projects don't stick to their whitepaper, I hope there would be a quantitive data to help with this
Xcvbkol

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:44:03 AM

Any scam can correspond to each item in the list so using these items do not understand how much a cool project. everyone can make white paper and a good site

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:03:39 PM

Any scam can correspond to each item in the list so using these items do not understand how much a cool project. everyone can make white paper and a good site

yeah. but you can't make up a good idea and real team
SeXy

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:34:41 PM

And would have added about the concept of the project. The concept and idea should solve the real problems of people, and be fairly easily implemented at this stage of development of the Crypto-currency
Obi2024

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 01:47:00 PM

You pretty covered most of the points, any project that meets the above criteria is definitely not a scam, but there is also a possibility that the project may not be successful due to some other reasons and some people will call it "scam".

aleksandra_kickcity (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 02:04:02 PM

You pretty covered most of the points, any project that meets the above criteria is definitely not a scam, but there is also a possibility that the project may not be successful due to some other reasons and some people will call it "scam".

well... you can not call unsuccessful project a scam, to be honest =)
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: