Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:31:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BITE] Bitcoin EOS (EOS clone)  (Read 4464 times)
renzibidone

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 04:10:01 PM

Hi guys

I got Bitcoin EOS Tokens.

Hope this project will be good as Enumivo is  Smiley

Edit: Do you need an italian translation?  Grin
omenade

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 11:44:17 AM

No update on this project?
JohnDoe3490

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:09:25 PM

Watching this. Saw this on the gas burners site Smiley.
CryptoHypno

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

Sometimes Your Coins Just Hypnotize Me!

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 02:14:19 PM

How you you clone a blockchain that doesn't exist yet? Huh

onionpealer

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:11:33 PM

How you you clone a blockchain that doesn't exist yet? Huh

Is a clone not just an identical copy of the original, this would then make Bitcoin EOS simply EOS, most puzzling ?
miamia79

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 04:13:27 PM

Hope this project will be good as Enumivo is  Smiley

I hope so  Grin btw i hope we will get  more informations about that project too because it's hard for investor to believe in actually... i guess
Studu (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 09:32:02 AM

I accidently created 2x identical BITE contracts in the beginning. Second contract started to receive lots of orders 2 days ago and now its bigger than original. Looks like we will have ICO Fork. https://etherscan.io/address/0xa4467919ec6d25825699a2b18810bdcf77969087
omenade

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 10:56:57 AM

I accidently created 2x identical BITE contracts in the beginning. Second contract started to receive lots of orders 2 days ago and now its bigger than original. Looks like we will have ICO Fork. https://etherscan.io/address/0xa4467919ec6d25825699a2b18810bdcf77969087

I wonder what value of this clone coin we can expect if ppl can create the clone easily?
night.0wl

Activity: 66

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:04:00 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 01:36:20 AM by night.0wl

BitcoinEos developement will support contract that has most Eth Balance at the moment when
one of these contracts will reach 200,000 No Of Transactions:

Status at the moment:
BITE1 (0xf7Dca20054469a1d548b20859a100B9EC6ff1f61)
No Of Transactions:    27283 txns
ETH Balance:    0.041008533861119211 Ether

BITE2 (0x1530df3e1C69501d4Ecb7E58eB045b90DE158873)
No Of Transactions:    83133 txns
ETH Balance:    2.919546537171044531 Ether

So people who have been sending to the first contract are out of luck?
And all of the sudden the second contract which hasn't been posted about initially is the most popular one?

Why can't you honor the 27283 txns that have already been made from contract 1 for the swap and announce a stop on contract 1?? You can burn those coins/transactions in contract 2. Make it fair at least.

The way it is now seems quite unfair for the early adopters. I don't think I can keep supporting this project if this is really true.
goudmyn

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:31:39 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 11:53:14 AM by goudmyn

BitcoinEos developement will support contract that has most Eth Balance at the moment when
one of these contracts will reach 200,000 No Of Transactions:

Status at the moment:
BITE1 (0xf7Dca20054469a1d548b20859a100B9EC6ff1f61)
No Of Transactions:    27283 txns
ETH Balance:    0.041008533861119211 Ether

BITE2 (0x1530df3e1C69501d4Ecb7E58eB045b90DE158873)
No Of Transactions:    83133 txns
ETH Balance:    2.919546537171044531 Ether

So people who have been sending to the first contract are out of luck?
And all of the sudden the second contract which hasn't been posted about initially is the most popular one?

Why can't you honor the 27283 txns that have already been made from contract 1 for the swap and announce a stop on contract 1?? You can burn those coins/transactions in contract 2. Make it fair at least.

The way it is now seems quite unfair for the early adopters. I don't think I can keep supporting this project if this is really true.

@Studu,

I completely agree with "night.0wl".

Studu,

Please take the following points into consideration:

1. Community involvement was solicited based on an understanding of what was advertised.

2. Every member of the community is entitled to make an informed decision.

3. Pertinent information that has a direct bearing on each participant's decision to participate, was withheld from the community.

4. Money exchanged hands to a 3rd party to provide the necessary means/gas to participate in the offer, based entirely on the promise of what was advertised.

5. All marketing endeavours, and solicitations for community involvement do require adherence to ethical, moral and legal obligations. Developer anonymity in the realm of decentralisation pertaining to blockchain endeavours, does not render a person or entity void of the required adherence to the many existing obligations accompanying the endeavour.

In the best interest of the community at large, I too request that you consider merging all tokens allocated in BITE1 and BITE2 into the same contract. Most of the community are not aware, and were not informed of your intentions to turn this project into a competition of elimination.

It is to be expected under the present circumstances that the community will be upset, and that there will be a call for remedial action.

In the best interest of the community at large, we request that you provision us with your response as soon as possible. (All things considered under the present circumstances, your response is requested sooner rather than later).

We look forward to your response.

renzibidone

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:04:37 PM

Nice try man   Grin

Are realy people sending ETH in those wallets?  Huh
Studu (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:51:35 PM

Thank you for your feedback. First I would like to say that this is my first smart contract. Its popularity took me by surprise. Even more surprising was that second contract that I did not advertise at all became so popular. I guess people found it in gas burner list but not sure why they started sending 0eth to it in the first place. I guess that is how cryptomarkets are at the moment. Anyway my purpose is to distribute 900M BITES. Even if I include both contracts only 50% is distributed so far. So both tokens contracts can be considered "valid". Sorry for the confusion.

goudmyn

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:22:37 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 05:55:57 PM by goudmyn

Thank you for your feedback. First I would like to say that this is my first smart contract. Its popularity took me by surprise. Even more surprising was that second contract that I did not advertise at all became so popular. I guess people found it in gas burner list but not sure why they started sending 0eth to it in the first place. I guess that is how cryptomarkets are at the moment. Anyway my purpose is to distribute 900M BITES. Even if I include both contracts only 50% is distributed so far. So both tokens contracts can be considered "valid". Sorry for the confusion.

@Studu

Thank you for responding.

As a community, we do not want to oppose you, but rather work amicably with you to ensure the success of this project. However, the prevalence of scams is rapidly increasing, and too many people have fallen victim to anonymous money grabbing developers who have disregard for the well-being of the community at large.

At this point in time, we are not making any accusations concerning your status or reputation as a developer, but we are very seriously intent on ensuring that moral, ethical and legal rights of participants are respected. There is ethical protocol that must accompany all endeavours requiring community involvement.

You have numerous options available to you to remedy the situation.

We kindly request that you consider various options and present to the community, a reasonable and amicable course of action, with the intention of ensuring that the rights of all participants are respected.

It is unreasonable to jeopardize the first contract in favour of the second contract, when by your own admission the second contract was a mistake. I will not involve myself right now with debating the logical and technical loose ends relevant to the existence and enactment of the second contract. Instead, I will rather seek to provide you with the benefit of the doubt for the sole purpose of affording you the opportunity to an amicable resolution.

Question:

If as you say, both contracts are considered "valid", are you going to take the necessary steps to ensure that the cumulative total of BITE Tokens claimed for both of the contracts combined, does not exceed 900M BITES?

There are a number of options to ensure an amicable outcome.

We look forward to your response.

Studu (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:44:03 PM

Total supply will not change. It will still be same 1000M BITES. Exact migration steps are under consideration.

Studu (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:53:17 AM

BitcoinEOS (BITE)
A word from the main developer Wink

I am not a programmer but with help of youtube I managed to start free coin distribution with copy/paste contract (As a fun experiment). I put coin name, total supply and distribution (no White paper, website) to bitcointalk thread including one contract address. That contract has received about 30K orders so far (and 0,04eth as tips) After a while I realised that I had accidently created another identical contract that had grown even bigger. So far it has 125K orders (and 3eth as tips?). I have no idea where those orders to second contract came from but I felt that I should include those as part of distribution. First contract just was not successful enough to distribute all 900M BITES. After some voting hasle and feedback from community I decided to treat tokens (BITE) from both contracts equal. This will mean I have to burn extra tokens to keep original total supply. I am still working on how to do this best way.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when people order BITE tokens they have to pay gas for Ethereum network (even if order is 0eth). In this case it has been something between 000003eth-0,008eth per order (avg: 0,0005eth). (People do not always choose lowest possible cost. Atleast I don't) I believe that in cryptoworld people are responsible on their own gas cost. Right? In this case it seems like most people have not even seen my project details so they just order for the hell of it?  (atleast those who order from contract2). If they knew about the my project they would now stop ordering from contract2 because contract1 gives double amounth of BITEs but that is not the case.

Questions:
-Is there something that community thinks I should do to be fair in these circumstances. Pay back eth tips for example? Close token distribution  + project (to stop gas burning)?
-Is there any future for this token?
-Is it possible that second contract orders are from a whale who will use this for pump and dump?
-Any smart contract experts here. I need some help with my "copy/paste contract".
goudmyn

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:57:28 PM

BitcoinEOS (BITE)
A word from the main developer Wink

I am not a programmer but with help of youtube I managed to start free coin distribution with copy/paste contract (As a fun experiment). I put coin name, total supply and distribution (no White paper, website) to bitcointalk thread including one contract address. That contract has received about 30K orders so far (and 0,04eth as tips) After a while I realised that I had accidently created another identical contract that had grown even bigger. So far it has 125K orders (and 3eth as tips?). I have no idea where those orders to second contract came from but I felt that I should include those as part of distribution. First contract just was not successful enough to distribute all 900M BITES. After some voting hasle and feedback from community I decided to treat tokens (BITE) from both contracts equal. This will mean I have to burn extra tokens to keep original total supply. I am still working on how to do this best way.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when people order BITE tokens they have to pay gas for Ethereum network (even if order is 0eth). In this case it has been something between 000003eth-0,008eth per order (avg: 0,0005eth). (People do not always choose lowest possible cost. Atleast I don't) I believe that in cryptoworld people are responsible on their own gas cost. Right? In this case it seems like most people have not even seen my project details so they just order for the hell of it?  (atleast those who order from contract2). If they knew about the my project they would now stop ordering from contract2 because contract1 gives double amounth of BITEs but that is not the case.

Questions:
-Is there something that community thinks I should do to be fair in these circumstances. Pay back eth tips for example? Close token distribution  + project (to stop gas burning)?
-Is there any future for this token?
-Is it possible that second contract orders are from a whale who will use this for pump and dump?
-Any smart contract experts here. I need some help with my "copy/paste contract".

@Studu,

Response:

Can you please enable Direct Messaging (from Newbies) in your account settings?  Huh
Account holders with "newbie" status cannot send a direct message to other users on bitcointalk. I want to send you the contact details for a developer here on bitcointalk who can help you. Out of respect to him, I want to send you his details via Direct Message. You can contact him for advice. He is experienced and has helped numerous projects in the blockchain space.

Ordinarily I would not recommend sending out Airdrops via an end-to-end automated system without various restriction mechanisms in place.

I think Token distribution metrics on a percentage scale are very similar between both contracts. There are definitely large token supply holders present in both contracts, with a similar distribution pattern.

You have a rapidly growing community, that will soon be looking for more information concerning the project, and the future of this project. It is best to look to combining both contracts to maintain and grow the momentum. (You are guaranteed a community backlash if participants from either contract are excluded).

I think it would be a good idea to remove the voting system, refund those people who voted. This would be well received by the community, and it will serve as a valuable contribution towards the community having "proof of confidence" in your intentions as the main developer, and confidence in the project.

anobtc

Activity: 1176
Merit: 12

Vietnamese Translator™ https://goo.gl/7inMji

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 02:06:02 PM

I 've received BITE already by following this:
- Add: 0xf7dca20054469a1d548b20859a100b9ec6ff1f61
- ETH: 0.00000000001
- Gas Price Set: > 1 gwei
- Gas limit Set: > 100000
 Hope it'll useful for you  Grin

Finding a local Moderator and Translator?
View My Portfolio and feel free to contact me if you need! 😉
humanGamepad

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 02:09:43 PM

So a youtube-tutorial-based Smart Contract is one of the biggest gas burners  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Reading this thread is actually quite funny ahah
Studu (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 04:42:12 PM

goudmyn, PM enabled
goudmyn

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 10:30:59 AM