Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:40:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [AUCTION] 15 Sets of Attractive Stamps - Ended.  (Read 150 times)
flora_digitalis (OP)

Activity: 477
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 06:24:03 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2018, 12:46:28 PM by flora_digitalis

Up for auction from my own collection:

A total of 15 sets of attractive stamps from Poland, Czechoslovakia, Germany, German Empire, German Democratic Republic, Brazil, UK, Belgium, France, Switzerland.

Pictures - click to enlarge

Condition
Used, variable, see pictures.

Auction Rules
Starting bid: 0.01 BTC for everything
Bid increments: 0.0025 BTC

Bids by members with negative trust or ranked below Full Member can be rejected or may only be accepted if credible proof of funds is presented. Bids can also be rejected for other trust and reliability related reasons.

End time: Sunday, 18th of February 2018, 11:59:59 PM forum time; auction remains open for 15 minutes after the last bid even if this results in an extension of the end time.

Shipping
International Shipping Cost:
0.0005 BTC without tracking (tracking not available for all countries; more expensive and doesn't really increase security - still available on request)

General Shipping Conditions:
Members from Europe, North America, Australia, NZ:
   - Hero members or above with no negative trust and no red flags: I ship first.
   - Others: prepayment or escrow (fees paid by the buyer).
Members from South America, Africa and Asia:
   - Prepayment required. (Because of higher postal risk and mostly lack of tracked shipping options.)

- Exceptions from these conditions for certain countries may apply. Please ask in advance. -

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:18:34 PM

To get this running and to help Bitcoin starting its engines again I'm throwing in another set for the first bidder Cheesy:

Upon successful completion of the auction (i.e. the winning bidder has paid and received the stamps) the first bidder will receive this set for free, regardless if he/she won the auction or not. (Obviously, if the first bidder is also the winning bidder, he/she will receive this set for free together with the other sets.)

In addition, the winning bidder of this auction will receive one free set of my Cold War coins from Eastern Germany: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1876762.0

PRIVATE SALE: Austrian Cufflinks / Polish Commem. Coins / Rare German Coins / Stella & Dot Jewelry
Please read all my trust comments. Only negative trust is from highly problematic individual TMAN (retaliatory rating - never did a trade with him and never will).
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2018, 02:23:17 PM

i'm no philatelist, but my understanding is that stamps aren't worth a lot once used, they only remain valuable until they are attached to an envelope? please let me know as It isn't something that I am knowledgeable in

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 02:53:23 PM

i'm no philatelist, but my understanding is that stamps aren't worth a lot once used, they only remain valuable until they are attached to an envelope? please let me know as It isn't something that I am knowledgeable in

It's true that there's a general tendency for stamps being more valuable unused, however there are numerous exceptions to this tendency. There are cases where used (stamped) stamps are significantly more valuable than unused ones (for example if the stamp was only valid for a limited period of time).

The general valuation difference between unused and used stamps is not so huge that a statement like "used stamps are worth almost nothing" is warranted. The overall difference actually tends to be smaller with more modern stamps - presumably because collector's services emerged, where every collector can easily order unused stamps via subscription.

Besides that, the per-stamp-price for this auction is fairly low. (Personally I prefer to collect used stamps, because it is a sign of their historical significance as an object of utility. It makes no sense to me to collect things that were only produced for collectors and did not see real world use.) I will put up auctions with unused stamps as well when I had the time to wade through my collection again... so if you're only interested in unused stamps you can check back later.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 5930

Meh.

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:08:18 PM

0.01BTC!

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 15, 2018, 03:19:33 PM

0.01BTC!

Bid confirmed.

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2018, 12:33:37 PM

Auction ends today.

flora_digitalis (OP)

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 12:47:18 PM

Auction has ended. The winner is Hhampuz.

Congrats! PMing...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: