Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:12:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news!  (Read 28011 times)
clipcoins (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 07:50:21 AM

1. You saw that JoelKatz couldn't even confirm it nor any employee that I have asked. They would announce it on their blog if it was true, like I stated earlier. They announce EVERYTHING.

It was announced publicly by an OpenCoin VP and echoed on ripple.com.  You live in an anti-ripple fantasy world.  The rest of us are living in reality (and making profits on XRP).

http://www.rippleprice.com/

Opened Now: Clipcoins.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 07:57:44 AM

And now the big question how much it will sky-rocket...

Ripple XRP spent majority of it's non-opensource existence @ 1BTC=7000XRP, so I guess in open-source phase... it will be much valuable.

This graph will explain it visually:

NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:12:57 AM

1. You saw that JoelKatz couldn't even confirm it nor any employee that I have asked. They would announce it on their blog if it was true, like I stated earlier. They announce EVERYTHING.

It was announced publicly by an OpenCoin VP and echoed on ripple.com.  You live in an anti-ripple fantasy world.  The rest of us are living in reality (and making profits on XRP).

http://www.rippleprice.com/

Who said I'm not a holder? I'm seeing clearly, you on the otherhand along with your alt account are the only people hyping this (doing a good job I must add) but the frenzy will stop and the dump will be spectacular. So in conclusion I'm speaking from an unbiased point of view as I hold XRP and BTC, yet you're this dysfunctional human juicing from the mouth trying desperately to keep this fake hype up. There will be no open source on the 26th, get over it.
spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:21:56 AM

is it normal that bitstamp takes forever to send the xrp you bought to your ripple wallet or doesn't do it at all? Cheesy been a few hours now since i bought some for $1.

Bitstamp history:

Bought 129.062500 XRP for 1.25 USD. Sent to r9wDDLi5DuN2Sa1FQBddAXAN27QNAueSEA in transaction None

Sad

also, that is not 0.0086 $ per ripple.

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:28:25 AM

Bitstamp seems to have its issues from time to time, yes.

If they don't transact within 24 hours, I'd recommend opening a ticket with them.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
NWO

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 08:28:50 AM

is it normal that bitstamp takes forever to send the xrp you bought to your ripple wallet or doesn't do it at all? Cheesy been a few hours now since i bought some for $1.

Bitstamp history:

Bought 129.062500 XRP for 1.25 USD. Sent to r9wDDLi5DuN2Sa1FQBddAXAN27QNAueSEA in transaction None

Sad

also, that is not 0.0086 $ per ripple.

Yeah you got duped. It is more expensive through bitstamp. If you need more XRP, let me know Wink
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:19:13 AM

His account hasn't been funded yet, so besides getting giveaways, he needs to buy on the external market and can't use Ripple internal...

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:43:06 AM

Put me on record: If OCRipple is fully open sourced with no catches or "gotchas" (such as it not really being decentralized) on Sept. 26, 2013, I'll eat my hat.
Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:54:47 AM

What do you count as "not really being decentralized"? It is unlikely that there will suddenly be hundreds of trusted server operators out there on the same day that it (supposedly) is open sourced... Currently there are a low 2 digit number of rippled servers running of which only the minority is operated by OpenCoin. Is this enough for you (and at which point was Bitcoin "really decentralized" by the way?)?

NWO

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 09:57:51 AM

Put me on record: If OCRipple is fully open sourced with no catches or "gotchas" (such as it not really being decentralized) on Sept. 26, 2013, I'll eat my hat.

This hype came from a video which is not supported officially on the blog or by the staff. If one staff member can say it, why couldn't JoelKatz confirm it before? Lucky for you, your hat will still be intact considering this is just a hype thread fueled by a couple of Ripple supporters. The poor suckers buying at these prices. What idiots.
spoid

Activity: 532

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 10:22:08 AM

ok, bitstamp is simply taking too long - can someone quickly send me those 100 XRP to r9wDDLi5DuN2Sa1FQBddAXAN27QNAueSEA in return for 0.01 BTC?

I'll send first if your username isn't scamperor with 3 posts etc. Cheesy

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:25:35 AM

Wow, I am looking forward to see that Cheesy     

Another nice video describing ripple :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8c_m6U1f9o
AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 11:36:48 AM

What do you count as "not really being decentralized"? It is unlikely that there will suddenly be hundreds of trusted server operators out there on the same day that it (supposedly) is open sourced... Currently there are a low 2 digit number of rippled servers running of which only the minority is operated by OpenCoin. Is this enough for you (and at which point was Bitcoin "really decentralized" by the way?)?
Simply put, can the Ripple network continue operating without OpenCoin?
You have to understand that Bitcoin's biggest innovation is that it can establish a consensus without any centralization; the blockchain is the authority, etc. If they release a passive daemon, it is interesting for developers, will likely create many gateways, but still would have a single point of failure.

No particular nod is needed for Ripple to continue it's existence as p2p network, so Ripple can work without OpenCoin in the future.

Also from the Ripple Terms and Conditions:

As further described in Section 4 (Assumption of Risk with Ripple), OpenCoin does not own or control Ripple and you are solely responsible for your use of Ripple.
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:02:58 PM

It's amazing.  Never have I seen such hatred of a crypto currency rising in value.  As was said, the goal was always to open source Ripple.  I really thought it would be closer to years end but there was never a doubt it would be so.  Now people are mad because they are too immature to simply admit they were wrong.  That you fell for the real scam, which was all the hollow propaganda against Ripple instead of doing your own research and having a little faith in your fellow Bitcoiners, who created Ripple as a compliment to Bitcoin.

Love Ripple or hate it...anyone who is still sitting on the sidelines with these prices and this momentum, should not speculate on currency.  You're simply too emotional to make good decisions.  This is easy money.  If you're too blinded by your ignorant biases to see that, you deserve to miss the money.  Especially given XRP is so cheap...how do you at minimum not have a BTC or two worth, in case this is XRP's "260" moment?  I mean really?  Risk vs reward.  How many times will Ripple go open source?  I hedge my bets across many different crypto currencies, but then again, I'm not an emotional speculator.  I'm in this to make money.  Misguided ideology doesn't pay the rent.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
NWO

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:33:34 PM

It's amazing.  Never have I seen such hatred of a crypto currency rising in value.  As was said, the goal was always to open source Ripple.  I really thought it would be closer to years end but there was never a doubt it would be so.  Now people are mad because they are too immature to simply admit they were wrong.  That you fell for the real scam, which was all the hollow propaganda against Ripple instead of doing your own research and having a little faith in your fellow Bitcoiners, who created Ripple as a compliment to Bitcoin.

Love Ripple or hate it...anyone who is still sitting on the sidelines with these prices and this momentum, should not speculate on currency.  You're simply too emotional to make good decisions.  This is easy money.  If you're too blinded by your ignorant biases to see that, you deserve to miss the money.  Especially given XRP is so cheap...how do you at minimum not have a BTC or two worth, in case this is XRP's "260" moment?  I mean really?  Risk vs reward.  How many times will Ripple go open source?  I hedge my bets across many different crypto currencies, but then again, I'm not an emotional speculator.  I'm in this to make money.  Misguided ideology doesn't pay the rent.

What are you talking about? Only a month ago the prices were 45,000 xrp/ 1 btc which is when I bought in huge, yet I am still trying to talk sense into mindless idiots like yourself. Most people do not even understand Ripple yet they are buying into it at these ridiculously high prices due to select individuals who created hysteria from an unconfirmed video. 

Before you question other peoples sanity, how about reassessing your own insanity. Have fun buying at stupid high prices. Suckers like you are just making me rich.
Coinseeker

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:40:20 PM

Unconfirmed video?   Grin. Yes, I think it could have been a CGI clone of Patrick.   Roll Eyes. And since you and your buddy up their seem offended...rest assured, I was definitely talking about you.  You bought in at 45k?  That's awesome...I just don't believe you.  People who go around calling Ripple a scam, don't often buyin when it's crashing and certainly not crying about watching your investment payoff.  I'd love to be wrong though...because my maturity level can handle it.  Post your Ripple address and let's all have a look at your "buying big" at "45k".  Come on...make me wrong.

AmazonStuff

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:41:37 PM

As of now, you can't even run your node. Do you have any idea what you are talking about?
In the future everyone will be in position to run their node.

How does Ripple solve the double spend issue in a 100% decentralized way?
Ripple solves the double spend problem by consensus, read more here: http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/10204
Watch the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj1QVb1vlC0

clipcoins (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2013, 02:12:48 PM

Up 60% now from when I posted this, just about 3 days ago....and still going...

Opened Now: Clipcoins.com
Coinseeker

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:35:42 PM

At this rate and with the absolute usefulness of the Ripple network, it's not beyond the realm of possibility, to start thinking about XRP reaching parity with the USD.  LTC is sitting at $2 and is just another digital currency with a limited payment network.  Ripple is a crypto game changer and open source removes most doubts.  I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying it's certainly possible.  I've got the popcorn ready!   Shocked

Sukrim
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 02:42:55 PM

Simply put, can the Ripple network continue operating without OpenCoin?
You have to understand that Bitcoin's biggest innovation is that it can establish a consensus without any centralization; the blockchain is the authority, etc. If they release a passive daemon, it is interesting for developers, will likely create many gateways, but still would have a single point of failure.

It already could, as there are more non-OC servers in the network than OC servers online. Most of them probably use OC servers exclusively in their UNL though, to ensure that any needed changes actually are accepted until opening up.

Ripple is already now able to establish consensus without any centralization, the only reason it maybe (I can't tell which UNLs server operators are using) does still trust OC to a degree that it could be called "centralized" is that there could still be changes to the protocol that need to be done and that would be hard to do in a decentralized way if the operators of servers operate them in a "fire and forget" mode or start actively forking and/or testing the network.

Ripple is secured by having a diverse UNL (Bitcoin by computational power of miners), so the biggest issue that needs to be solved still imho is how to actually build a good UNL with trusted, non-colluding entities asap after going live.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: