Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:20:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news!  (Read 28011 times)
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:33:15 PM

NWO = "I moved all my money into Litecoin on ridiculous Gox implementation  Grin hopes and dreams.  Should have bought XRP as I watch Gox fall apart and LTC crash.  Now I'm mad/need to FUD XRP to a price point I can actually afford."   Wink  

Of course, still waiting on the address if you'd like to prove me wrong.   Roll Eyes  

Not a great way to start a business when you are already lying in a public forum. What does this say about your business practices?

Due diligence should be cautioned using this upcoming 'service'. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 02:57:15 PM

NWO = "I moved all my money into Litecoin on ridiculous Gox implementation   hopes and dreams.  Should have bought XRP as I watch Gox fall apart and LTC crash.  Now I'm mad/need to FUD XRP to a price point I can actually afford."    

Of course, still waiting on the address if you'd like to prove me wrong.

Let me highlight this for you again...until then, you have no credibility and are in no position to call anyone a liar.  What I can't figure out, is if you think its a scam, why do you bother?  To buy cheaper of course... Roll Eyes

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
clipcoins (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 06:11:21 PM

Very interesting order book right now on USD/XRP.  A lot of big buy orders and large sell ones too.  Someone wants $4000+ at 103.50 so great support there.

Opened Now: Clipcoins.com
Coinseeker

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 06:33:22 PM

They must have pulled it...although there is $1500 in that range.  Did you see the $21,000 wall at 81?  Reminiscent of the $50k wall at 85 so time ago.

clipcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 08:43:10 PM

holy crap....big buy on USD/XRP Snapswap...took it all the way down to 66.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:02:39 PM

Any graph/orderbook except the client's?
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 09:16:45 PM

ripple confuses the shit out of me. I opened an account long ago, but it wouldn't let me do much. I had to have someone lend me some ripples, but to do this I had to open a gateway.  In order to open a gateway, I needed to have ripple in my account. Seemed like a never ending loop of unnecessary-ness, so I gave up on it. Is there an easy way to get my hands on some XRP? And can I do this without being in debt?

This little paradigm is seemingly the same frustration the guy following my guide had issue with...

Can anyone confirm that my workaround via buying XRP with USD in Bitstamp and sending to the ripple wallet will work as the initial funding?

As soon as I have confirmation on how to break this catch22 cycle, it'd help all XRP holders if we can point noobs to a guide like the one I wrote to help them navigate...once in play...it's way easier...but getting there can be tricky.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=297326.0

I was tempted to do as Pankkake did and just send some to the guy...but I thought it would be better if we could find a solution that needs no third party.

Yes I've done this a few times when I've opened new ripple accts. You just buy a token amount through Bitstamp (100-300 XRP) and then your ripple client is ready to go and you can assign trusts and do trades, etc.

Sweet, I'll update my thread...seemed like a reasonable way to go about it.  

Anyone else hear the Gorillaz song "The Future is Coming on" in their heads when thinking about Ripple?  Maybe it's just me. 

XRP is useless...but not for long.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
Coinseeker

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 09:45:21 PM

Any graph/orderbook except the client's?

I use:

http://xrp.webr3.org/usd-xrp

2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 12:40:51 AM

Did any of you go to school?

No

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:42:10 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 11:11:59 AM by tokeweed

nice post from bibbit at ripple forum.

"Ripple will not grow quickly from the grass roots, it will grow quickly by signing up entities who already have many customers. Gateways without existing customers are OK, but gateways with legions of customers with money already in their accounts are much better.

Many religions gained huge numbers of converts each time they converted a single emperor, king or other ruler. Convert the right person and all those under his sway are automatically converted. OpenCoin should be focusing on conferences, big money people and corporate partners for just this reason.

Can you imagine how adoption would catch fire if just four people bought in, who made integration happen for HSBC (Largest non-Chinese bank. Branches in 85 countries), Google (wallet payments and play store purchases worldwide leverage Android adoption, AdWords, AdSense), Apple and Amazon (World's largest online retailer)?

If those four add Ripple integration, all the other players would be scrambling to jump on board.

OC might not be starting that big, but gateways and merchants are really important. That is the beauty and necessity of OC using the large XRP share to hire the staff, fund the evangelism to the right players/conferences and incentivize the early gateways and merchants.

Any fork of the code will be at a serious disadvantage with respect to gateway and merchant relationships."

-bibbit

let's see if OC can pull it off. this project could be big and it's a different ball game out there. OC is taking math based currencies on a whole new level.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 05:24:48 PM

let's see if OC can pull it off. this project could be big and it's a different ball game out there. OC is taking math based currencies on a whole new level.
I'm interested to see where it goes. I'm not seriously invested, as I am with bitcoin, but I think there is great potential here. Ripple is very versatile and, as stated, can instantly become far more useful and liquid if a big gateway comes on the scene.
tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 10:35:25 PM

holding well at .01.  I did take some profits but kept enough so I won't be sick if it doubles from here.
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 12:44:50 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2013, 04:29:11 PM by hennessyhemp

nice post from bibbit at ripple forum.

"Ripple will not grow quickly from the grass roots, it will grow quickly by signing up entities who already have many customers. Gateways without existing customers are OK, but gateways with legions of customers with money already in their accounts are much better.

Many religions gained huge numbers of converts each time they converted a single emperor, king or other ruler. Convert the right person and all those under his sway are automatically converted. OpenCoin should be focusing on conferences, big money people and corporate partners for just this reason.

Can you imagine how adoption would catch fire if just four people bought in, who made integration happen for HSBC (Largest non-Chinese bank. Branches in 85 countries), Google (wallet payments and play store purchases worldwide leverage Android adoption, AdWords, AdSense), Apple and Amazon (World's largest online retailer)?

If those four add Ripple integration, all the other players would be scrambling to jump on board.

OC might not be starting that big, but gateways and merchants are really important. That is the beauty and necessity of OC using the large XRP share to hire the staff, fund the evangelism to the right players/conferences and incentivize the early gateways and merchants.

Any fork of the code will be at a serious disadvantage with respect to gateway and merchant relationships."

-bibbit

As many of the forum users are already aware...Google Ventures investments have a strong possibility of becoming wholly owned subsidiaries.  

Google ventures recent investment in both Ripple and Buttercoin could look to some like competing entities...but to me, and probably the guys issuing the funding...the two will walk hand in hand and strengthen Ripple, XRP, Bitcoin, Buttercoin...and if Buttercoin is successful, probably the New York Stock Exchange and all the other "traditional" financial markets.  We are talking about some of the worlds smartest software engineers, getting together to make a high performance exchange (one that I suspect all gateways in Ripple will eventually run on)...that will spill over into all financial sectors in a manner similar to what Bibbit was talking about here.

Buttercoin is not an altcoin...it is a codename for the beginning of something very big.  Ripple is also the beginning of something very big.  Bitcoin is our Yellow Brick Road/Bricklayer.  That's what I don't get about Ripple haters...if it strengthens the value of Bitcoin...who gives a shit if it's centralized or "premined"?!  In fact, without Bitcoin, Buttercoin would not exist, and Ripple wouldn't stand a chance in hell, but together, they will change the world.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:08:38 AM

NWO = "I moved all my money into Litecoin on ridiculous Gox implementation   hopes and dreams.  Should have bought XRP as I watch Gox fall apart and LTC crash.  Now I'm mad/need to FUD XRP to a price point I can actually afford."    

Let me highlight this for you again...until then, you have no credibility and are in no position to call anyone a liar.  What I can't figure out, is if you think its a scam, why do you bother?  To buy cheaper of course... Roll Eyes

LOL you removed the original comment from your shill account buyxrp.com

Don't worry, I will ensure everyone knows about your shady ways. No one wants to do business with a liar. Kind of sucks doesn't it, all this effort into a business that will get cut down before launch.
Coinseeker

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 02:17:42 AM

Let me highlight this for you again...until then, you have no credibility and are in no position to call anyone a liar.  What I can't figure out, is if you think its a scam, why do you bother?  To buy cheaper of course... Roll Eyes

LOL you removed the original comment from your shill account buyxrp.com

Don't worry, I will ensure everyone knows about your shady ways. No one wants to do business with a liar. Kind of sucks doesn't it, all this effort into a business that will get cut down before launch.

Oh trust me...we've got bigger hurdles to clear than random forum avatars.  I WISH online haters were the least of our problems.  Unfortunately, the US regulators have you trumped.  Please continue your futile crusade...free advertising is always nice.   Grin  BTW-you got that address yet?   Roll Eyes

murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 08:40:52 AM

As many of the forum users are already aware...Google Ventures investments have a strong possibility of becoming wholly owned subsidiaries.  

What proportion of previous Google Ventures investments have become wholly owned subsidiaies?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
clipcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 03:11:30 PM

Heating up again...try to tell me I'm wrong.

klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:34:43 PM

Recently I had to pay for VPN (the one advertised here) and chose Ripple - wow that was fast!

Ripple is ridiculously underpriced, it is way more efficient and effective than any blockchain coin.

I own huge amounts of ANC and decent amounts of BTC (disclaimer).
hennessyhemp

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2013, 04:26:30 PM

What proportion of previous Google Ventures investments have become wholly owned subsidiaies?

Alright...fair point...I'm pulling that out of my ass.  Stricken...I feel the rest stands on its own anyway.

nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 04:28:23 PM

Bitcoin and Ripple are totally complementary tools, because Ripple seals the biggest hole in the Bitcoin and that is exchange. Any crypto-currency is nothing without exchange, bitcoin currently uses websites for this purpose which makes him vulnerable, because any exchange website could be shut down by some government if bitcoin becomes considered as illegal. Also, by exchanging currency on this kind of websites you become a subject to tax regulations (you know all those "AML verifications" that are popping around on exchange websites) and someone could knock on your door and say you are a money launderer.

By joining Bitcoin with Ripple, you will able to exchange Bitcoins in Ripple P2P network.

Open-sourcing Ripple means that in the future, every user will have a copy of rippled server one-click installation (similar to WAMP, MAMP, LAMP, XAMPP...) at his home, just as everyone has Bitcoin client in these days, and will be contributing to the P2P Ripple network that will be bullet-proof just as torrent p2p network.

It's totally impossible to love Bitcoin and hate Ripple or vice versa, because they are probably the work of the same man or the same group of people. It's just the natural evolution in the crypto-currency world.
I don't think Ripple is the silver bullet for regulators that you've painted it out to be. AML and KYC standards will be there no matter what exchange or gateway we choose. But the idea is that these regulations are a good thing in a civilized society. Anonymity was never a design goal of Ripple or Bitcoin as far as I can tell.

Ripple is a trust-based system, we can't all contribute computing power to it ad hoc, like Bitcoin. Contributors need someone on the network to trust them and add them to their unique node list. But Ripple's performance will be solid no matter how many contributors there are.

I agree that if you like Bitcoin you will probably like Ripple, but I don't like your argument based on the theory that some of Bitcoin devs are the Ripple creators. Are you hinting that Jed Mccaleb is Satoshi? :O haha Even if some devs are inter-operating, this doesn't mean all their tech should be embraced no matter what.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: