Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:49:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news!  (Read 28011 times)
Coinseeker

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:27:34 AM

New client update.  Notice the email bridge.  We've only begun to see what Ripple can and will do for crypto.

https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3717&view=unread#unread

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
clipcoins (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 06:44:17 AM

Ok well Open Source was officially announced, and XRP shot up even more...up to around .0114 right now.

They also updated the client software and it is not working right for me...couldn't even login and can't get my money out very easily...Ripple bridge seems to be working but can't send to Bitstamp.

I've just had it so I went ahead and sold...most of mine between 85 and 90 on USD/XRP book.   I think it could go higher from here but I'm out for now. I just can't deal with the ripple client not letting me trade when I need to and locking up my funds with new bugs.

This still may be a good trading vehicle up to the conference on Oct 5.  The Zip Zap news could easily send it higher. I just don't have the patience right now so I took my 90% profits in about 10 days and went home.

Congrats to all those who saw the thread early on and took a smart calculated risk to buy some.

Opened Now: Clipcoins.com
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 07:07:53 AM

clipcoins is out. Who is next?

viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 10:55:55 AM

Ok well Open Source was officially announced, and XRP shot up even more...up to around .0114 right now.

They also updated the client software and it is not working right for me...couldn't even login and can't get my money out very easily...Ripple bridge seems to be working but can't send to Bitstamp.

I've just had it so I went ahead and sold...most of mine between 85 and 90 on USD/XRP book.   I think it could go higher from here but I'm out for now. I just can't deal with the ripple client not letting me trade when I need to and locking up my funds with new bugs.

This still may be a good trading vehicle up to the conference on Oct 5.  The Zip Zap news could easily send it higher. I just don't have the patience right now so I took my 90% profits in about 10 days and went home.

Congrats to all those who saw the thread early on and took a smart calculated risk to buy some.

Haven't tested the system, are there so big problems as you described?

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
Coinseeker

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 12:25:53 PM

Huge mistake bro but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Thanks for a good thread.  Best of luck to you my friend.   Wink

ImI
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:26:18 PM

Question:

What happens when someone defaults?

So lets say we got this ripple-chain from person A,B,C and D

And through the ripple-effect A is lending basically D 100$. D is burning those 100$ and is default.

Who will have to pay those 100$ then?
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 01:28:14 PM

I'm waiting for the fork now! The days of XRP are numbered Tongue

are you gonna do the coding for it?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 02:05:26 PM

Question:

What happens when someone defaults?

So lets say we got this ripple-chain from person A,B,C and D

And through the ripple-effect A is lending basically D 100$. D is burning those 100$ and is default.

Who will have to pay those 100$ then?

Well, C would be out $100, since she is the one who trusted D. But ripple-chains won't usually work like that. That's something closer to "classic ripple". before the name was given over to ripple the crypto-currency.

For Ripple/XRP the crypto-currency, trust paths are used for converting IOUs. So person A trusts gateway 1, person B trusts gateway 2, person C trusts two gateways, 2 and 3, and person D only trusts gateway 3.

Now A only holds IOUs from gateway 1, but wants to send a payment to D. Then path-finding automatically finds the cheapest path, say gateway 1 IOUs getting sold for XRP, then that XRP is used to buy gateway 2 IOUs, and finally ripples through person C to swap gateway 2 IOUs for gateway 3 IOUs. (person B doesn't trust two gateways so B never gets rippled through). And so D receives her payment in gateway 3 IOUs (she should redeem them right away, unless she really really trusts gateway 3).

If gateway 3 goes bust, then holders of their IOUs will sell them off for far less XRP (bad luck for persons C & D who trusted gateway 3). But if gateway 3 finds an investor to bail them out, then the price of gateway 3 IOUs would bounce back to face value.

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
clipcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 03:52:08 PM

Huge mistake bro but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Thanks for a good thread.  Best of luck to you my friend.   Wink

Yes it was a mistake...the price action this morning shows it.   But I don't like not being able to even log into the client to buy/sell and not being able to get my money out. 

But I left a lot of money on the table...never fun but at least I walked away with a very healthy profit.

Coinseeker

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 03:56:30 PM

Huge mistake bro but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Thanks for a good thread.  Best of luck to you my friend.   Wink

Yes it was a mistake...the price action this morning shows it.   But I don't like not being able to even log into the client to buy/sell and not being able to get my money out.

It's all good man.  I haven't had any issues with the client since the new update last night.  I've obviously seen some isolated complaints but mines working fine.  Either case, 90% is still huge in what, a week or less?

clipcoins (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 05:02:28 PM

Huge mistake bro but you gotta do what you gotta do.  Thanks for a good thread.  Best of luck to you my friend.   Wink

Yes it was a mistake...the price action this morning shows it.   But I don't like not being able to even log into the client to buy/sell and not being able to get my money out.

It's all good man.  I haven't had any issues with the client since the new update last night.  I've obviously seen some isolated complaints but mines working fine.  Either case, 90% is still huge in what, a week or less?

Yeah if I can screw up and make $1K profit in a week, then I'm not going to cry too many tears.  It's still bad to leave money on the table but i'll take screwups like that anytime. 90% is huge in a week for sure.

And I still have $2K in there that I can't get out through Bitstamp and I don't really appreciate that.  I've been fighting with the ripple client for months...sure I made a lot of $ with it but it also cost me hundreds of $s or more with all the bugs.

hennessyhemp

Activity: 511
Merit: 500

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 05:12:30 PM

New client update.  Notice the email bridge.  We've only begun to see what Ripple can and will do for crypto.

https://ripple.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3717&view=unread#unread

Grin

Happy happy joy joy!

This is it folks, the simplification of Ripple will bring it right to the forefront in no time.

Funny how with all it's criticism's the system is quite beautifully designed and refined.  It has a mac like
feel to it.  Bitcoin has a very Linux-like feel.  Both have their place...I have an android in my pocket right
now, but there are at least two iphones within 20 feet of me as well.  

Anyone else keep hearing Mathew Lillard in his role in SLC Punk talking about the start of punk?  
It was the Ramones, No, it was the Sex Pistols...(Ripple vs BTC).  Clearly Bitcoin started it, but I see all this
banter back and forth and that's what pops in my head a lot.  Who cares...the result is a dude with a blue
mohawk and spraypaint on his walls, it exists, deal with it.

Hate on ripple all you like, it's not going away any time soon.  I think it's just getting started.

Lots of people hate on Bitcoin to this day...especially upon first encountering it.  Now I'm being reminded of the
Tao of Steve...alright enough movie references for now.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
MAbtc

Merit: 508

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:16:23 PM

The client is killing me.......  Undecided
underground_

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:25:15 PM

The client is killing me.......  Undecided

It's definitely a little buggy still, but it's improved significantly in the last few weeks.
MAbtc

Merit: 508

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:27:02 PM

The client is killing me.......  Undecided

It's definitely a little buggy still, but it's improved significantly in the last few weeks.

All morning, only been able to see the order book for a few seconds here and there. Constantly offline. Can't move my asks. Has it gotten better? I haven't noticed that. It's always been so buggy.....

Sad
Coinseeker

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:37:17 PM

It's actually not loading for me at all ATM.  Strange because it's been running solid for weeks or more now.   Huh

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:41:00 PM

It's actually not loading for me at all ATM.  Strange because it's been running solid for weeks or more now.   Huh

Don't worry. I'll buy all the Ripple now at 9000 and dump on you at 5000 when your client is working again.

No need to stress.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2013, 05:46:03 PM

Sorry about that. We're having issues today. It seems to be some interaction between the new client and the new server. I'm working on the problem now.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 05:48:06 PM

Don't worry. I'll buy all the Ripple now at 9000 and dump on you at 5000 when your client is working again.

No need to stress.
hehe  Grin

Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 26, 2013, 08:20:51 PM

are the order books accurate right now? i feel like there are orders missing from the USD/XRP book....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: