Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripple XRP surge open source and ZipZap news!  (Read 28011 times)
mah87
Donator

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:19:06 PM

Well, it might be the case that WU sees ripplesync as an employee... I hope he doesn't scare them away/overwhelm them with his enthusiasm and makes clear from the beginning that WU needs to contact Ripple Labs actually.
I'm RippleSync, I will give my Twitter acount login credentials to someone from Ripple Labs. I share your opinion that it might ruin the moment if I tell them that I'm just a simple Ripple user.

You didn't ruin anything. Maybe Ripplelabs wanted to wait before approaching them but whatever WU have smart people I don't think they would care for petty things like this... what matter is ripple network capabilites imo..
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
NWO

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:26:07 PM

I hope you are all buying with the anticipation...
AmazonStuff

Activity: 628

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

JoelKatz gave me Ripple Labs e-mail address, so I have replied to Western Union:

https://twitter.com/Ripplesync/status/385395253135810560

It would be great if something good comes from this conversation Cheesy

NWO started a petition on Ripple Forum for Western Union to become a Ripple Gateway, I saw that JoelKatz give it a go and I wanted to made my contribution. I have mentioned Western Union CEO in my tweet and was very surprised when I saw that WU responded in a few minutes. It was like they were waiting for that proposal. I think that Western Union is deeply aware of the new crypto-currency trends, so this kind of integration is their question of surviving. It was probably a complicated thing to them to become a part of bitcoin network, because it's not very clear who owns millions of bitcoins, it's a really scary investment in something like bitcoin, at least for big companies, but with Ripple it's more clear, they will have business with a official company Ripple Labs, so for me it's much bigger probability for WU to become a Ripple Gateway then for WU to become a BTC cash-in/cash-out service.
jasonslow

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:39:16 PM

This is another great development to ripple.
klee
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 01:54:28 PM

F@ck I have to buy again  Grin
NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:09:41 PM

F@ck I have to buy again  Grin

I'll try and save you some  Wink
dzhan

Activity: 743

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 02:16:36 PM

I guess ripple value might increase several times if WU considers becomming a ripple gateway.

Time to buy ripples!
mah87
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 04:48:40 PM

Silk road just crashed. Owner under arrest. Last chance to use less and less valuable bitcoins or litecoin buying more and more valuable XRP.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:03:59 PM

Silk road just crashed. Owner under arrest. Last chance to use less and less valuable bitcoins or litecoin buying more and more valuable XRP.
XRP has always been riding on bitcoin. What makes you think it is a safe hedge?
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:10:49 PM

Agreed.  Anything associated with the blockchain, I would be skeptical of at this point.  Fiat or XRP is the way to go and I obviously choose XRP.  Way too much upside.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
mah87
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 05:45:20 PM

Because Ripplelabs will announce zipzapinc partnership/gateway next week and in general great news are coming for ripple. Bitcoin is kinda stuck atm between the end of silkroad and mtgox us bank problems IMO.
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:34:15 PM

Because Ripplelabs will announce zipzapinc partnership/gateway next week and in general great news are coming for ripple. Bitcoin is kinda stuck atm between the end of silkroad and mtgox us bank problems IMO.
yes these are good points to raise. however, price follows price and i think that it's true in my experience -- alt crashes follow bitcoin crashes. xrp at below 75 a couple days ago, and i just saw sells in high 140s or 150. i mean xrp down 33% in less than a day!!!!

so......  Roll Eyes
mah87
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 07:48:59 PM

yes these are good points to raise. however, price follows price and i think that it's true in my experience -- alt crashes follow bitcoin crashes. xrp at below 75 a couple days ago, and i just saw sells in high 140s or 150. i mean xrp down 33% in less than a day!!!!

so......  Roll Eyes

yep but as you said it can reverse very quickly so I wouldn't get out of my xrp position.. too risky ... money2020 in a week ... And it seems that the market finally didn't crash that hard.
btdir

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:06:31 PM

so volatile this market
Gimmelfarb

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 09:35:54 PM

somebody do something already!! such a volatile day and now we just sit with a 24 xrp/usd spread!? pick a direction!!!  Cheesy
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:42:41 PM

so......  Roll Eyes

The pullback from 75 started before today, it was at 110-120 at least as early as yesterday. I'm guessing that the selling at 140-150 was somebody cashing out to get bitstamp USD to buy BTC at bitstamp prices (it was an anomaly, the market did not follow).

That is a a very good question about XRP being a safe hedge against BTC. LTC clearly is not. LTC/BTC even went down, so LTC price went down even further than BTC price. It seems to be 100% correlated, just more volatile (silver to the gold).

The big question is whether XRP is different enough from BTC that its price can de-correlate. It rose along with XRP in the early days, but it did seem to decorrelate by falling from July-August (while BTC was mostly rising). I'm betting that it will continue to de-correlate (and rise if/when BTC falls), acting as an excellent anti-correlated hedge when the BTC market gets wacky, and vise-versa that BTC ought to be a good hedge when XRP market is volatile (dollar to the gold).

XRP is the stand-out alternative for liquidity looking to move out of BTC but remain exposed for gains in the crypto-currency sector (obviously don't get that holding centralized exchange IOUs).

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
mah87
Donator

-Bitcoin & Ripple-

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:58:03 PM

(obviously don't get that holding centralized exchange IOUs).

Why not ? isn't it the same to hold bitstamp IOU on ripple network or ripple IOU on bistamp platform ? the only difference for me is that if you wanna trade on bitstamp you have to withdraw them from ripple, but it takes not even a minute...
Coinseeker

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2013, 12:25:33 AM

Why not ? isn't it the same to hold bitstamp IOU on ripple network or ripple IOU on bistamp platform ? the only difference for me is that if you wanna trade on bitstamp you have to withdraw them from ripple, but it takes not even a minute...

What's a "Ripple IOU"?  Huh

I think he just means being in XRP, makes more sense than holding IOU's on or from exchanges that are subject to seizure, failure, etc.  While that is true, I could be wrong in what he actually meant.

If your ignore button isn't glowing, you're doing it wrong.
bitcoinBull
Legendary

Merit: 1001

rippleFanatic

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 03:38:55 PM

What's a "Ripple IOU"?  Huh

I think he just means being in XRP, makes more sense than holding IOU's on or from exchanges that are subject to seizure, failure, etc.  While that is true, I could be wrong in what he actually meant.

Yup, that's exactly what I meant. XRP is much much better in a portfolio than exchange IOUs. Exchange IOUs are worth face value in the best-case scenario, so there is no upside risk. But there is much downside in holding IOUs of any particular gateway due to seizure, delays, regulation changes, etc..

College of Bucking Bulls Knowledge
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:36:23 PM

quit talking start buying.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████