Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:41:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do guys use female Avatars?  (Read 2191 times)
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 09:06:25 PM

I played every MMO and FPS using male characters till games like WoW and Warhammer and "over the shoulder" FPS games came out. If it's entirely first-person I'll still play as a male, but if I'm going to have to stare at a character for hours, I'd rather it be female.

Yeah, you're more into Lineage than Eve, I guess. Grin

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 10:05:52 PM

I'd only use a female avatar if I had a female character to play. Like on Champions Online (which got boring after I max leveled at the time), my character has the same power set as Starfire from Teen Titans, and I dressed her in the costume she wore in only one episode of the 2003 series - after the admins forced a costume reset because I effectively dressed her in her main costume originally.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Raize
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 16, 2013, 10:14:07 PM

I suppose so. I played both, I think I played Eve more than Lineage, though. Eve is a game I've started and stopped playing like 3 or 4 times since it came out. I think the first time I quit playing because a friend quit (he got a Battleship and then lost it within the first day or two of owning it). The next time I quit because I didn't really know anyone else I was playing with. The third time I tried to join the Dreddit/Reddit community group, but I screwed something up during registration and got kicked for inactivity really quickly. I didn't bother to ever rejoin again.

Eve is fun, I just could never really get over the fact it was ultimately playing multiplayer spreadsheets. If I had a good friend playing it with me I'd probably enjoy it, but since I don't *really* know anyone playing any more, it would be hard to get back into it.
redtwitz

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:29:07 AM

I tend t think of the person i'm responding to as being their Avatar.

I suppose that makes you a scary looking puppet...
Trongersoll (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 17, 2013, 12:38:40 AM

I tend t think of the person i'm responding to as being their Avatar.

I suppose that makes you a scary looking puppet...

moreso than you would believe.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2013, 09:11:09 AM

What's interesting for me is they always, always model the female characters better or do the artwork for them better which shows you how male dominated this industry is >_> Tongue Yeah, some people just have girls on their avatars for something to look at lolz I just play it safe and assume everyone out there is a guy.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
September 20, 2013, 05:36:22 PM

I suppose so. I played both, I think I played Eve more than Lineage, though. Eve is a game I've started and stopped playing like 3 or 4 times since it came out. I think the first time I quit playing because a friend quit (he got a Battleship and then lost it within the first day or two of owning it). The next time I quit because I didn't really know anyone else I was playing with. The third time I tried to join the Dreddit/Reddit community group, but I screwed something up during registration and got kicked for inactivity really quickly. I didn't bother to ever rejoin again.

Eve is fun, I just could never really get over the fact it was ultimately playing multiplayer spreadsheets. If I had a good friend playing it with me I'd probably enjoy it, but since I don't *really* know anyone playing any more, it would be hard to get back into it.

I was talking more about the interesting camera angles you could pull in Lineage... Grin

Actually played a female char in Everquest for years, and apparently played it pretty well, as a guy ended up in love with me. He began harrassing me for RL meetings and so on...
He was the trigger for me to quit EQ, even though some previous hints had me pondering already (such as GF breaking up and moving to her own place Tongue)

Ironically, I later met my wife on an online game... And she was a real one, phew!

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: