Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 06:46:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin  (Read 72186 times)
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 1571

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 09:06:03 PM

I hope Kluge is alright  Undecided
Last I checked, he was. Power outages for the rest of the week, though Roll Eyes
Awesomely enough, power came back late last night. I called the electric company after hearing a Friday estimate on the radio and they told me to not expect electricity until Saturday.

Unfortunately, we started cooking all the meats in the freezer since we were expecting it to rot. Couldn't light oven without taking it apart, so boiled a whole turkey. Was like chewing a roll of tape. Angry

Only fatality was a "barn kitten" which froze to death in a flower pot after being too stubborn to leave his favorite sleeping spot when the sheeting over the tiny greenhouse was shred apart by the wind. Daughter's staying with her grandma today. Should be able to get through all the unpaid transcripts and a few extras today. (.odt in .zip is fine, btw)

Wow sounds pretty bad. I hope things getter better soon.
zebigfoot

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 05:47:00 PM

i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:25:15 PM

i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.

Right, Episode 59 is available, the payment is 0.15BTC and you have two weeks to complete the transcription, and if you need more time you can extend your reservation Smiley

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 06:53:20 PM

Umm... I think I only just caught this. How often is Andreas talking near a chicken coop? In e14, ~33m in, it's very clear he's next to a bunch of chickens. It just gave me this image where he's walking around in a coop, talking about virtual currencies with a headset on, and I had to pause the audio because I couldn't stop laughing. Cheesy
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:09:25 PM

Umm... I think I only just caught this. How often is Andreas talking near a chicken coop? In e14, ~33m in, it's very clear he's next to a bunch of chickens. It just gave me this image where he's walking around in a coop, talking about virtual currencies with a headset on, and I had to pause the audio because I couldn't stop laughing. Cheesy

LOL, Andreas, is awesome.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:45:28 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2013, 08:42:07 PM by Kluge

I wanna try a new rule to see if it can improve readability in transcripts. I think it might lead to more consistent decisions on new vs. compound sentences. If it ends up causing problems, I'll just fix it in proofreading.

From now on, if a sentence starts with a conjunction ("so," "and," "but," etc) in audio, always remove it on the transcript. If the sentence doesn't make sense without that conjunction, you should transcribe the pause as a compound sentence (... with the conjunction, so like this).

(if you've already started in on a transcript, don't change what you're doing until/unless you work on a new transcript.)

ETA: this replaces "*Please start sentences beginning with a conjunction with a hyphen. -So, this way, you aren't as tempted to create a 500-word run-on sentence. Ideally, just leave the conjunction out, but I understand it's hard to ignore words when transcribing."
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 07:47:14 PM

I wanna try a new rule to see if it can improve readability in transcripts. I think it might lead to more consistent decisions on new vs. compound sentences. If it ends up causing problems, I'll just fix it in proofreading.

From now on, if a sentence starts with a conjunction ("so," "and," "but," etc) in audio, always remove it on the transcript. If the sentence doesn't make sense without that conjunction, you should transcribe the pause as a compound sentence (... with the conjunction, so like this).

(if you've already started in on a transcript, don't change what you're doing until/unless you work on a new transcript.)

That's good to know for future transcripts.

zebigfoot

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2013, 08:11:07 PM

i` d like to reserve transcription for Epsiode 59. i`m assuming that 2 weeks is the deadline and payout is 0.15  please confirm the reserve so that I can start working on it.

Right, Episode 59 is available, the payment is 0.15BTC and you have two weeks to complete the transcription, and if you need more time you can extend your reservation Smiley

awesome !
<speaks in a terminator-isque voice> commencing analysis...
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:28:57 AM

Can I request payment for episode 18 here, 1DevinSa2vzxQwbubSMMVeeYv99yn7LSwT instead of the address listed previously?

Thanks.

Mondy

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 09:02:45 AM

Reserve Ep 59 please!

devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:21:23 PM

Reserve Ep 59 please!

Episode 59 was already reserved. The list just hasn't been updated in the OP.

bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:32:53 PM

Episode 60 please?  I will try and finish this as fast as possible.  Will work hard Cheesy

EDIT:  Episode 60 is here  http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e60-everything-old-is-new-again/#.Uo3-puLvCzU

bitcoinpsftp

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 12:52:03 PM

If possible, please confirm that I can do episode 60, as I would like to start right away.  Would not like to finish it, only to find out that it was given to somebody else. 

devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:36:48 PM

If possible, please confirm that I can do episode 60, as I would like to start right away.  Would not like to finish it, only to find out that it was given to somebody else.  

I recommend choosing one between 1-9, 60 is reserved  Smiley

qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:40:38 PM

Episode: 14
Link to transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep14.odt_.zip
Address: 1ESgjWdFSosUbEzfjY9gbqGVreUuqjFoba
Episode: 11
Transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep11.odt_.zip
Address: 19YQWsbDsGfUKvMUpN3j43wJ63frdybyT6
Please extend my reservation of episodes 13 and 15 for another 2 weeks.

✔ Please make sure that you get the spelling right, though. It's "I'm", not "i`m", for example. In the transcriptions, such tiny errors make a lot of work for the proofreading process.

Can I request payment for episode 18 here, 1DevinSa2vzxQwbubSMMVeeYv99yn7LSwT instead of the address listed previously?
✔ I hope to remember that Wink

Episode 60 please?  I will try and finish this as fast as possible.

Episode 60 is reserved. 1-9 are available.
Did I miss something? Anybody reserved e60 before?

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:47:07 PM

ETA: this replaces "*Please start sentences beginning with a conjunction with a hyphen. -So, this way, you aren't as tempted to create a 500-word run-on sentence. Ideally, just leave the conjunction out, but I understand it's hard to ignore words when transcribing."
I'm trying hard, but I hardly understand Wink
If a speaker in the audio begins a sentence with "so", "and", "but" etc., this word should be left out of the transcript?
Trying to give a (made-up) example here:

Audio: "...pause...so, basically, I'm trying to say ..."
Transcript: "Basically, I'm trying to say ..."

Right?

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
devthedev
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:52:25 PM

Episode: 14
Link to transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep14.odt_.zip
Address: 1ESgjWdFSosUbEzfjY9gbqGVreUuqjFoba
Episode: 11
Transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/11/ep11.odt_.zip
Address: 19YQWsbDsGfUKvMUpN3j43wJ63frdybyT6
Please extend my reservation of episodes 13 and 15 for another 2 weeks.

✔ Please make sure that you get the spelling right, though. It's "I'm", not "i`m", for example. In the transcriptions, such tiny errors make a lot of work for the proofreading process.

✔ I hope to remember that Wink

Episode 60 please?  I will try and finish this as fast as possible.

Episode 60 is reserved. 1-9 are available.
Did I miss something? Anybody reserved e60 before?

Just kidding, just noticed the person who just reserved 60 was the person on the list Cheesy

bitcoinpsftp

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:57:06 PM

That's awesome.  I'll try have it done ASAP.  I've never done a transcript before, but I'll do my best.  Should turn out just fine though, don't let this post scare you Cheesy  I'll try follow the established format.

qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:58:53 PM

Cleaning up now.
Episode reservations that are "past due" are marked R NAME YYYY-MM-DD now, before I will remove them a few days later.

Also, Abdussamad, I'm unsure about e12, you're still working on that one?

I'll also add a new rule to this bounty:
New episodes (any episode after e60) may only be reserved by users who have previously successfully transcribed an episode, with Kluge being happy with the proofreading. Also, reservations for those new episodes will only be possible for one week instead of two.
Reservation for those new episodes will no longer be automatic by posting in this thread, but will have to be confirmed by either me, Kluge or mindtomatter.

We're slowly getting closer to catching up with the transcription effort and I want to make sure that in the future, episodes will be transcribed quickly after being aired.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 04:13:56 PM

I'm trying hard, but I hardly understand Wink
If a speaker in the audio begins a sentence with "so", "and", "but" etc., this word should be left out of the transcript?
Trying to give a (made-up) example here:

Audio: "...pause...so, basically, I'm trying to say ..."
Transcript: "Basically, I'm trying to say ..."

Right?
Yeah. Other part of the rule would be:

Audio: "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream *pause* and won't stop."
Sometimes in transcriptions, it's written: "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream. And won't stop."
With the never-start-a-sentence-with-a-conjunction rule, it has to be written as (if wrong): "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream. Won't stop."

I'm hoping that'll encourage this in the transcript: "I have a dog who eats chocolate ice cream and won't stop." - or with a comma between "cream" and "and."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: