Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin  (Read 72182 times)
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:38:53 PM

I just wanted to note that I don't see episode 36 anywhere in the PR queue.  Could you let me know its status?
Calm down. We noticed your submission. It will be proofread. Give Kluge some time.
He will probably look at submissions from "new" authors first, to see if there are major problems that need to be addressed.
With your transcription, he's sure that you didn't do something totally wrong, so you're probably a little lower priority, is that okay?

Which episode can I do?? Im waiting...

Ok, this is already kind of ridiculous.

Over the last few pages people have turned into rude desperate greedy ungrateful bastards.

ENOUGH.

Show some respect for Qwk or Kluge (whom I don't personally know or have any kind of relationship with). They are doing their thing, keeping their word, trying to be fair and keep everybody happy.

The lack of respect shown by some posts like this last one baffles me. Get your shit together guys !
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:53:44 PM

I just wanted to note that I don't see episode 36 anywhere in the PR queue.  Could you let me know its status?
Calm down. We noticed your submission. It will be proofread. Give Kluge some time.
He will probably look at submissions from "new" authors first, to see if there are major problems that need to be addressed.
With your transcription, he's sure that you didn't do something totally wrong, so you're probably a little lower priority, is that okay?

Yup, I have no problem with that at all.  Thanks, qwk and Kluge, for your time.  Also, I would just like to say that I would be interested in transcribing another episode, if there are any available.  I realize that some have already been spoken for, but all the same I thought I would say something.
BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 07:54:43 PM

Personally I would lock this topic and open it back up when everything is up to date. This topic is now attracting the wrong kind of people.
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:44:46 PM

Personally I would lock this topic and open it back up when everything is up to date. This topic is now attracting the wrong kind of people.
I thought about that, but on the other hand, let people have their drama Roll Eyes

I think I mentioned it earlier, there is no wait list, there will not be a wait list, I don't care if anyone writes "I want to do an episode" here. I'll simply ignore it.

Sooner or later I'll make episodes available again, and then it'll be first come, first served.

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
xkeyscore89

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:11:00 PM

I thought about that, but on the other hand, let people have their drama Roll Eyes

I think I mentioned it earlier, there is no wait list, there will not be a wait list, I don't care if anyone writes "I want to do an episode" here. I'll simply ignore it.

Sooner or later I'll make episodes available again, and then it'll be first come, first served.

Sorry, I must've missed what you said earlier.  In any case, sounds good, I'll just wait on the word from you then.  Thanks, again, I appreciate your and Kluge's hard work.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:41:03 AM

Hey,

Sorry, I missed it, and even the two times you posted about it (I generally only read posts with links in here). It's added in there, now.

Take e46 from me. Proxy person never got to it.

If anyone's done a transcription and doesn't see their thread on the queue, lemme know. Better yet, just send me the Scribd link via PM when you finish one to make sure I add it.
xkeyscore89

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:55:34 AM

Hey,

Sorry, I missed it, and even the two times you posted about it (I generally only read posts with links in here). It's added in there, now.

Take e46 from me. Proxy person never got to it.

If anyone's done a transcription and doesn't see their thread on the queue, lemme know. Better yet, just send me the Scribd link via PM when you finish one to make sure I add it.

Not a problem, I know you must be very busy with all these proof readings and I completely understand how you missed it.  Thanks for getting back with me. 

Also, I'd be happy to transcribe E46, thanks for the offer.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 04:54:51 AM

Anyone know how to add a break after a break in LibreOffice? I don't want it double-spaced, but sometimes, when I download a .docx file, it removes all the line spacing after a speaker's finished.

So... in LibreOffice (looks totally fine on Scribd), it looks like
Code:
AA:  With me today, we have Gavin Andresen, chief scientist of the Bitcoin Foundation and also lead developer of Bitcoin who gave us some great information on ASICs mining and consensus voting as well as the new payment protocols in 0.9.  Gavin, thank you so much for joining us today.
GA:  Thanks for having me, I really enjoy listening to the show.
AA:  That’s a great honor and we hope to have you back soon, thank you.
when it should look like
Code:
AA:  With me today, we have Gavin Andresen, chief scientist of the Bitcoin Foundation and also lead developer of Bitcoin who gave us some great information on ASICs mining and consensus voting as well as the new payment protocols in 0.9.  Gavin, thank you so much for joining us today.

GA:  Thanks for having me, I really enjoy listening to the show.

AA:  That’s a great honor and we hope to have you back soon, thank you.

ETA: Nevermind. Figured out a solution. (in case I forget) In Paragraph->Indents&Spacing there is a "Spacing" tab. Add .2" before and after paragraphs.
wc4482

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:05:29 PM

Articles submitted beyond this line will be rejected without pay (until it's resubmitted with proper modifications) if they regularly start sentences with conjunctions

I have a question on the conjunctions. I'm about 50 min into 1:17 of episode 6, and I'm having a little bit of trouble with the way Jeffrey Tucker speaks. Specifically, he uses a lot of sentence fragments that are strung together with conjunctions or filler words like *and* or *you know*. I try to cut them out when I can but sometimes the 'You Knows' seem to capture Jeffrey's speaking style, and sometimes they seem as just filler.

Which is better:
Time = 47:15  https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e06-cyprus-serendipity-lets
#1 or
Code:
 But the same kind of thing, you know, it also happened in education. 
Code:
 But the same kind of thing also happened in education. 

I also find myself using a lot of commas. JT tends to put short pauses between thoughts and I am not sure whether to use commas or periods. I'm wondering if it is just better to have a lot of short sentences or a long sentence with commas for the pauses.

i.e. Commas:
Time = 44:20  https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e06-cyprus-serendipity-lets
Code:
You know I don’t think it's a coincidence at all that we saw the rise of Bitcoin at the time that we’ve seen it - right after the currency crisis of 2008. 
That really put everybody on notice, something is not working about the system. You know it’s exactly that period the regulators, the Fed and the Treasury
and everything, they sent the entire system into a gigantic upheaval that’s fundamentally changed its workability. Banks today don’t work anything like what
they worked like ten years ago. It’s a completely different operation. They make money in a different way, their reserves are handled in a completely different
way, the Federal Reserve is totally dedicated to [hampering] down interested to zero, to negative. Money and the financial system just isn't working the way
it used to work, so Satoshi’s invention, you know with Bitcoin, comes along really at exactly the right time. It’s kind of the perfect storm in many ways.

or periods:
Code:
You know I don’t think it’s a coincidence at all that we saw the rise of Bitcoin at the time that we’ve seen it - right after the currency crisis of 2008. 
That really put everybody on notice. Something is not working about the system. You know it’s exactly that period the regulators - the Fed and the Treasury
and everything - they sent the entire system into a gigantic upheaval that’s fundamentally changed its workability. Banks today don’t work anything like what
they worked like ten years ago. It’s a completely different operation. They make money in a different way. Their reserves are handled in a completely different
way. The Federal Reserve is totally dedicated to [hampering] down interested to zero. To negative. Money and the financial system just isn't working the way
it used to work. Satoshi’s invention - you know with Bitcoin - comes along really at exactly the right time. It’s kind of the perfect storm in many ways.

That probably wasn't the best example, but hopefully you can see what I'm talking about.

Note: I absolutely love his analysis of economics and bitcoin. I'm really glad I was able to sit down and write this transcript because he brings up so many good points of view that I didn't pick up on when I was listening to the podcast.
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 05:36:49 PM

Hello, i'm still working on episode 57. I started on the 25th of November.
I'm just posting here to "renew" my reservation. I'll be done within the week.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:57:16 AM

Articles submitted beyond this line will be rejected without pay (until it's resubmitted with proper modifications) if they regularly start sentences with conjunctions

I have a question on the conjunctions. I'm about 50 min into 1:17 of episode 6, and I'm having a little bit of trouble with the way Jeffrey Tucker speaks. Specifically, he uses a lot of sentence fragments that are strung together with conjunctions or filler words like *and* or *you know*. I try to cut them out when I can but sometimes the 'You Knows' seem to capture Jeffrey's speaking style, and sometimes they seem as just filler.

Which is better:
Time = 47:15  https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e06-cyprus-serendipity-lets
#1 or
Code:
 But the same kind of thing, you know, it also happened in education. 
Code:
 But the same kind of thing also happened in education. 

I also find myself using a lot of commas. JT tends to put short pauses between thoughts and I am not sure whether to use commas or periods. I'm wondering if it is just better to have a lot of short sentences or a long sentence with commas for the pauses.
I'd keep the "you know" in that case, but change some other things around. ", but the same kind of thing, you know - it also happened in education, it's happened in healthcare, it's happened in [whatever the other example was]." Semicolons, colons, hyphens, and double hyphen-minuses are all acceptable to me, though semicolons and colons are preferable. Kieran does a great job with handling sentence structure to preserve thought flow (way better than I) - so if you're looking for some good examples, check out his transcripts.

i.e. Commas:
Time = 44:20  https://soundcloud.com/mindtomatter/e06-cyprus-serendipity-lets
Code:
You know I don’t think it's a coincidence at all that we saw the rise of Bitcoin at the time that we’ve seen it - right after the currency crisis of 2008. 
That really put everybody on notice, something is not working about the system. You know it’s exactly that period the regulators, the Fed and the Treasury
and everything, they sent the entire system into a gigantic upheaval that’s fundamentally changed its workability. Banks today don’t work anything like what
they worked like ten years ago. It’s a completely different operation. They make money in a different way, their reserves are handled in a completely different
way, the Federal Reserve is totally dedicated to [hampering] down interested to zero, to negative. Money and the financial system just isn't working the way
it used to work, so Satoshi’s invention, you know with Bitcoin, comes along really at exactly the right time. It’s kind of the perfect storm in many ways.

or periods:
Code:
You know I don’t think it’s a coincidence at all that we saw the rise of Bitcoin at the time that we’ve seen it - right after the currency crisis of 2008. 
That really put everybody on notice. Something is not working about the system. You know it’s exactly that period the regulators - the Fed and the Treasury
and everything - they sent the entire system into a gigantic upheaval that’s fundamentally changed its workability. Banks today don’t work anything like what
they worked like ten years ago. It’s a completely different operation. They make money in a different way. Their reserves are handled in a completely different
way. The Federal Reserve is totally dedicated to [hampering] down interested to zero. To negative. Money and the financial system just isn't working the way
it used to work. Satoshi’s invention - you know with Bitcoin - comes along really at exactly the right time. It’s kind of the perfect storm in many ways.

That probably wasn't the best example, but hopefully you can see what I'm talking about.

Note: I absolutely love his analysis of economics and bitcoin. I'm really glad I was able to sit down and write this transcript because he brings up so many good points of view that I didn't pick up on when I was listening to the podcast.
I'd change to (Kieran could probably further correct this):

I don’t think it's a coincidence at all that we saw the rise of Bitcoin at the time that we’ve seen it: right after the currency crisis of 2008. That really put everybody on notice: something is not working about the system. It’s exactly that period the regulators, the Fed, and the Treasury, and everything - they sent the entire system into a gigantic upheaval that’s fundamentally changed its workability. Banks today don’t work anything like what they worked like ten years ago; it’s a completely different operation. They make money in a different way, their reserves are handled in a completely different way. The Federal Reserve is totally dedicated to [hampering] down interest [rates] to zero, to negative. Money and the financial system just isn't working the way it used to work, so Satoshi’s invention, Bitcoin, comes along, really at exactly the right time. It’s kind of the perfect storm in many ways.
wc4482

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:48:11 PM

Thanks Kluge for your time. I'll give my transcript one more read through and see if I can't make those changes consistent throughout. I think I tried to stay away from colons, but it seems like you favor them in some spots where I would put a hyphen. I was using the hyphen in spots where the sentence was interrupted by a tangent thought - speaking of tangents, there was this one time in Calculus class - but then reverts back to the original line of thinking.

I do like your suggestion to use the colon where the subsequent idea is a 'furthermore' or an 'i.e.', if that makes sense.

Anyway I'm all but done except for self-corrections round 2.

P.S. BitcoinTalk was hacked again so make sure you change your password, but first be sure that you are connecting to IP 109.201.133.195 (i think the login page prompts you of this.) You can also check out the certificate fingerprint is 
Code:
29:0E:CC:82:2B:3C:CE:0A:73:94:35:A0:26:15:EC:D3:EB:1F:46:6B

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1rvrrn/bitcointalkorg_man_in_the_middle_attack_change/

Activity: 144

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 02:49:39 PM

I have finished E50.

Roundtable 1 (26:01) [http://youtube.com/watch?v=lXNKhX66-wE]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/188399118/LTB-50-Post-conference-Roundtable-Pt-1

Interview (16:50) [http://youtube.com/watch?v=lXNKhX66-wE]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/188399116/LTB-50-Interview-with-Cathy-Reisenwitz

Roundtable 2 (21:22) [http://youtube.com/watch?v=envtZD8AWVg]
http://www.scribd.com/doc/188399119/LTB-50-Post-conference-Roundtable-Pt-2

Address: 1L4FaJnwSmYJqw8RQRFQjccrSdo7oH49A8
reebr

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:06:36 PM

Here's my transcript for E02.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/188599213/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-E02-Transcribe

Wallet: 193qPFvLuDA4oZjFEJKfx9joAGs6x94BKn

Thanks!
wc4482

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:12:07 AM

I have finally finished the 75 minute transcription for Episode 06. Sorry it took so long, I'm a bit of a perfectionist. That being said, I'm more than happy to change anything that comes up from the proofread. Let me know!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/188807980/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-Episode-06-Cyprus-Serendipity

Bitcoin Address:
1PoWeNLUQ1vTUBsyhSEktKo3CWYSCoEki8

P.S. I love this episode! Thanks!
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:40:12 PM

Episode: 15
Audio: http://letstalkbitcoin.com/e15-trust-but-verify/
Transcription: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2013/12/episode-15-final.odt_.zip
License: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Address: 17KHZNzc5tEMPHZWDbBshjJAJwjLSm41Mb

Note I've tried to eliminate sentences starting with conjunctions by either rolling them into previous sentences or omitting the conjunction entirely. Also omitted filler words like essentially, basically, kind of/kinda and I mean.
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:44:45 PM

Transcript for episode 60 complete.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/187996504/LTB-E60
As ever, payment to 19duyhWV79wWnM9SQQL75zXcM7B63JvDkh please.

Also remember that 0.05 of the payment for this one is due to go to bitcoinpsftp, as per our agreement. I'd post his address, but I screwed that up last time so I'll let him sort that part out. Tongue

Well, my address was added earlier on, but to make things easier on the thread owner, my address is the following:

BTC address:  16eXGtPnRb5yHrF9Q1Vhgyd32bz1gVEYN9

This is a pretty epic service.  I wonder, will prices be going down in the very near future?

Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:04:16 PM

This is a pretty epic service.  I wonder, will prices be going down in the very near future?

Yes they will. qwk did say that the reward would go down in the future. More importantly there are no more eps available and I am not sure the bounty will continue for much longer. Let's see what happens Smiley
KieranJones1

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:20:19 PM

Transcript for episode 60 complete.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/187996504/LTB-E60
As ever, payment to 19duyhWV79wWnM9SQQL75zXcM7B63JvDkh please.

Also remember that 0.05 of the payment for this one is due to go to bitcoinpsftp, as per our agreement. I'd post his address, but I screwed that up last time so I'll let him sort that part out. Tongue

Well, my address was added earlier on, but to make things easier on the thread owner, my address is the following:

BTC address:  16eXGtPnRb5yHrF9Q1Vhgyd32bz1gVEYN9
Yeah, I know, I was half-joking. Basically, last time I split an episode, I somehow screwed up the last character of Marcotheminer's address when I posted the transcript, so if Qwk/Marco hadn't noticed, those BTC would've gone to an invalid wallet. I didn't want to risk making that mistake again.

Kluge, my ego is grateful for the sentence structure comments. Cheesy I'm an English literature major (that's what you say in the US, right?), and I've always been kind of nitpicky about punctuation and grammar. For the record, your "version" of wc4482's paragraph was fine, as far as I can see.
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:21:45 PM

Yes they will. qwk did say that the reward would go down in the future. More importantly there are no more eps available and I am not sure the bounty will continue for much longer. Let's see what happens Smiley
The bounty will have to be lowered in the future, that's for sure.
I have no intention whatsoever at the moment to stop this project, though.
And it's not like I'm running out of funds anytime soon Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: