Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:19:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] 0.15 BTC per transcript of LetsTalkBitcoin  (Read 72182 times)
jambola2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1038

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:00:53 AM

then you may as well remove this advertisement from the forum is this is just a closed elitist group.

no point in advertising if noone is allowed to take the job anyways.

What advertisement ?
Nobody forced you to enter this thread , much less post with such poor punctuation.
I would normally suggest waiting for a reserved job to become unreserved , but do you think you could do it up to par ?
I think not.

@qwk
He has sort of a point , change the topic to "[Bounty] 0.15 BTC per transcript of Letstalkbitcoin {all eps reserved}"
Or maybe something similar.

Good luck getting these episodes transcribed Cheesy

No longer active on bitcointalk, however, you can still reach me via PMs if needed.
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:21:05 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 06:15:55 AM by xkeyscore89

I'll go ahead and start working on E61 – LTB for New Users! 1:04:45 since no other eligible party has claimed it yet.

/claim 61
skyered

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

Going to start working on Episode 64 - Millibits and Mastercoin as noone seems to have yet claimed it Smiley
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
January 11, 2014, 12:23:45 AM

Qwk : Please help me to help you Smiley can I transcript any of those what left? I will do it VERY fast! Just I want to make sure I will not order something that is already done.

thanks! Smiley
eternaluniverse

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 06:01:55 AM

I'll work on E61

You aren't allowed:

Episode >60 approved transcribers (determined by FP score, listed in no particular order):
*KieranJones1
*MethodMan
*skyered
*xkeyscore89
*Abdussamad
*marcotheminer

So, new members can't do anything? That's unfair. No one opted to do it, so I don't see why I can't.
There are more than enough approved transcribers to get the last ones finished in a timely manner and I would've been willing to let many more people in if there weren't so many exceptional transcribers on that list. Many people not on the list did a very good job, but because so many did an outstanding job, I was able to make a pretty harsh cutoff and still include a relatively huge group.

Having a whitelist eliminates the particularly bad submissions which take up a ton of proofreading time (money) and result in lower-quality transcriptions. Since new people are unproven, it'd be a stupid ev- risk to take at this point since we already have a large, fantastic group.

then you may as well remove this advertisement from the forum is this is just a closed elitist group.

You clearly haven't read the information that is pretty clearly lined out, because of this its probably a good thing you aren't transcribing any episodes.
skyered

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 11:05:45 PM

Episode 64 - Millibits and  Mastercoin

Complete and uploaded here --> http://www.scribd.com/doc/199140870/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-Ep-64

Address : 1Pg568UKjPaQDxsM2ABJq49kxVYUwSavJg
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 3413

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:06:23 PM

Just a short summary for myself.
I'm back from my vacation and going to catch up with work over the next few days.
Give an old man some time Wink

E48 – Cypherpunks and Globetrotting 52:29 Transcription by bV - proofread by Kluge 1bVectorBnXrdSB2p3mhv6tG5c1eTHG9i (not yet paid)
I guess this is a confirmation for the payment address? Wink

Completed episode 8: https://docs.google.com/document/d/173iZH2xgAmODpN0DudRzSv-9Vf3fdtFIvzETOMqNKmI/edit?usp=sharing
Address: 16avPk7MEg9hjULZ9gTfmvmWWiu4Z1C9gX

I will be working on Episode 62 - The First $900 Bitcoin Episode.  It doesn't appear to have been taken by any on the approved transcribers list.

E65 transcription complete - http://www.scribd.com/doc/195632770/LTB65
1DJywpQoNDkzmvgrJ3iUk6PvCSsSpKhCFk

Episode 62 - The First $900 Bitcoin Episode - Let's Talk Bitcoin
Completed and uploaded in doc format to scribd - http://www.scribd.com/doc/195949117/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-Ep-62

E43 - Speculative, but Foundational
http://www.scribd.com/doc/195965834/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-E43-Speculative-but-Foundational
1G6EQwiAfTVyTpK4j3XZ65CvonjDGrPsQ
Sorry for the delay. I was away for the holidays for a couple more days than expected.

Going to start working on Episode 63 - Money of the Internet Age.

Episode 32
Transcript: https://bitcoinspakistan.com/files/2014/01/ep-32.odt_.zip
Address: 12HEjWxXj1qVFfduHuAGgs9d2WrKJ1TtJM

Episode 63 - Money of the Internet Age
Completed and uploaded here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/196704139/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-Ep-63

I'll go ahead and start working on E61 – LTB for New Users! 1:04:45 since no other eligible party has claimed it yet.

Going to start working on Episode 64 - Millibits and Mastercoin as noone seems to have yet claimed it Smiley

Episode 64 - Millibits and  Mastercoin
Complete and uploaded here --> http://www.scribd.com/doc/199140870/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-Ep-64

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:19:14 PM

I'll work on E61
You aren't allowed:
Episode >60 approved transcribers (determined by FP score, listed in no particular order):
*KieranJones1
*MethodMan
*skyered
*xkeyscore89
*Abdussamad
*marcotheminer
So, new members can't do anything? That's unfair. No one opted to do it, so I don't see why I can't.
There are more than enough approved transcribers to get the last ones finished in a timely manner and I would've been willing to let many more people in if there weren't so many exceptional transcribers on that list. Many people not on the list did a very good job, but because so many did an outstanding job, I was able to make a pretty harsh cutoff and still include a relatively huge group.
Having a whitelist eliminates the particularly bad submissions which take up a ton of proofreading time (money) and result in lower-quality transcriptions. Since new people are unproven, it'd be a stupid ev- risk to take at this point since we already have a large, fantastic group.
Well, life isn't always fair. Cry The main reason why I chose to have a closed group of transcribers for now is that I really want to catch up with transcriptions. The "old" way of reservations, extending reservations, subpar transcripts that needed a lot of time to proofread and at times even had to be redone from scratch would probably never have caught up with a twice-a-week podcast like LetsTalkBitcoin.
Also, I want future transcripts to appear shortly after a show has aired, so they really need to be done within a few days, preferably even within hours. I don't see how this could be accomplished with the "old" way of doing things.

I sincerely hope there'll be a way of letting new people get involved with this great community effort sometime in the future, which is also why I'd like this thread to stay open to everyone for now, even if there's nothing you can contribute at the moment.

What advertisement ?
Nobody forced you to enter this thread , much less post with such poor punctuation.
I would normally suggest waiting for a reserved job to become unreserved , but do you think you could do it up to par ?
I think not.

@qwk
He has sort of a point , change the topic to "[Bounty] 0.15 BTC per transcript of Letstalkbitcoin {all eps reserved}"
Or maybe something similar.
I'll consider changing the topic and opening post. Wink

Yeah, well, I'm gonna go build my own blockchain. With blackjack and hookers! In fact forget the blockchain.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 07:16:26 PM

I'd like to remind you about the E37 submission...it hasn't been proofread or paid for almost 3 weeks now.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:36:17 AM

I'd like to remind you about the E37 submission...it hasn't been proofread or paid for almost 3 weeks now.
37 is proofread. Qwk usually waits for a group of people to release funds to, but neither Kieran nor myself have been submitting much at all in the past month. I should be back to proofreading around Jan 19th. Have been busy making home furnishings and wishing I bought a used snowblower earlier in the year (ETA: last year, I guess). Only have a couple chandeliers and a baker's rack left to assemble.
8n1

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 01:39:36 AM

Hi qwk,

Great that you are back. I hope you had a good vacation.  Smiley
My transcription "Episode 41 - Bitcoin in Real Life" is since December, 25 on Kluge's PR Queue list. I just want to ask if you can tell me how long this will take.
 I'm not in a hurry or so. So take your time. I'm just curious.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 09:41:32 AM

37 is proofread. Qwk usually waits for a group of people to release funds to, but neither Kieran nor myself have been submitting much at all in the past month. I should be back to proofreading around Jan 19th. Have been busy making home furnishings and wishing I bought a used snowblower earlier in the year (ETA: last year, I guess). Only have a couple chandeliers and a baker's rack left to assemble.

Alright, good to know - thanks.

troy112

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 04:25:36 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 01:11:36 PM by troy112

Sorry mate.. was a little busy with the holidays.

But have done it now.

E45 - Perspective Counts

http://www.scribd.com/doc/194857454/Let-s-Talk-Bitcoin-E45

Money is divided among me and jambola2

My address : 1FZp3m73bx5tFJzkcpPYGEFzLt6i9j2wPE

Jambola2 's : 17kzPBwE8cRGUkgimViRGfYwGNHahQ3FFZ

P.S : jambola please check your address. Also there were some audio packet missing Sad Have done what ever i could.

Thanks

@Kluge please add this episode in your proofreading list also. Its not there atm.
Thanks
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:41:05 PM

Hi, I'll need a little help with this one.
Who actually did this episode, and who will receive how much?
Looks like there were three people involved, could you shed some light on that? Huh

A nice little summary in one posting would be great, thanks a lot Cheesy

I have sent my part of the transcription over to xkeyscore89.
Payment upon completion should be,
.10BTC to 171717Lqgyi88sqSqRtToFYUYmJqeq5Bui
.05BTC to 1DJywpQoNDkzmvgrJ3iUk6PvCSsSpKhCFk
Confirmed. I've accepted devthedev's generous offer and will have the transcription uploaded within the next few hours.  Payment address is as quoted above: 1DJywpQoNDkzmvgrJ3iUk6PvCSsSpKhCFk
I'm okay with you sharing the episode, but I'd like to ask you to split the payment yourselves to avoid extra work on my side.
E37 transcription completed - http://www.scribd.com/doc/193052876/LTBEP37
If you'd prefer to send the payment to one party instead of splitting it as quoted, use dev's address as he brokered terms to me.  I'll leave it up to him to do the right thing, he seems pretty solid. 
I apologize for being a bit late with the transcription.  I would've had it completed within 6 hours if I hadn't managed to somehow overwrite the 80% of the progress I initially transcribed after agreeing to dev's terms. I took a little break after that as this event irritated the piss out of me, being my own fault.
Finally. I'm finally going to get paid for the ~45 mins of transcription work I did and gave to dev. Smiley
171717Lqgyi88sqSqRtToFYUYmJqeq5Bui is actually my address, so I'll send the 0.05 BTC to 1DJywpQoNDkzmvgrJ3iUk6PvCSsSpKhCFk once I notice the payment. If you're fine with that, just say so.
I'm fine with it as long as dev has no objections.  Your work looked good to me. Smiley
If you ever want to split another episode, let me know.

Dev, do you trust DiamondCardz to come through on the deal we proposed regarding the E37 split?
I do.
Cool, it's not that I don't trust him, his rep is good, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of his presence in the deal.  Thanks for clarifying that.
Makes sense, no problem.

qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 06:42:14 PM

Great that you are back. I hope you had a good vacation.  Smiley
My transcription "Episode 41 - Bitcoin in Real Life" is since December, 25 on Kluge's PR Queue list. I just want to ask if you can tell me how long this will take.
I'm not in a hurry or so. So take your time. I'm just curious.
I guess I'll be doing a new round of payments tomorrow Wink

devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 08:40:43 PM

Looks like there were three people involved, could you shed some light on that? Huh

Confirmed. I've accepted devthedev's generous offer and will have the transcription uploaded within the next few hours.  Payment address is as quoted above: 1DJywpQoNDkzmvgrJ3iUk6PvCSsSpKhCFk
I'm okay with you sharing the episode, but I'd like to ask you to split the payment yourselves to avoid extra work on my side.
If you'd prefer to send the payment to one party instead of splitting it as quoted, use dev's address as he brokered terms to me.  I'll leave it up to him to do the right thing, he seems pretty solid. 
I apologize for being a bit late with the transcription.  I would've had it completed within 6 hours if I hadn't managed to somehow overwrite the 80% of the progress I initially transcribed after agreeing to dev's terms. I took a little break after that as this event irritated the piss out of me, being my own fault.
Finally. I'm finally going to get paid for the ~45 mins of transcription work I did and gave to dev. Smiley
171717Lqgyi88sqSqRtToFYUYmJqeq5Bui is actually my address, so I'll send the 0.05 BTC to 1DJywpQoNDkzmvgrJ3iUk6PvCSsSpKhCFk once I notice the payment. If you're fine with that, just say so.
I'm fine with it as long as dev has no objections.  Your work looked good to me. Smiley

Dev, do you trust DiamondCardz to come through on the deal we proposed regarding the E37 split?
I do.
Cool, it's not that I don't trust him, his rep is good, I just wanted to make sure you were aware of his presence in the deal.  Thanks for clarifying that.
Makes sense, no problem.

Hey qwk, xkeyscore89 took over the episode for myself and DiamondCardz, here's how the payment should be.

Either, .05 to xkeyscore and .10 to DiamondCardz or you can send the whole about to DC and he'll send the payment to xkeyscore.

Let me know if you have any further questions (:

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2014, 10:36:08 PM

I do.
Makes sense, no problem.

Hey qwk, xkeyscore89 took over the episode for myself and DiamondCardz, here's how the payment should be.

Either, .05 to xkeyscore and .10 to DiamondCardz or you can send the whole about to DC and he'll send the payment to xkeyscore.

Yep, that's it.

xkeyscore89

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 04:10:41 AM

I do.
Makes sense, no problem.

Yep, that's it.

Confirmed.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 06:12:38 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2014, 08:31:21 PM by Kluge

PR queue changed up. Ensure you're on there. Resuming work today. Will do the 60+ episodes, then the oldest-submitted episodes. Hoping Kieran reappears - I have a backlog of other stuff piling up. S/he probably does, too. Cheesy

ETA: PR queue changed again while I download the newer podcasts...
ETA2: Kieran's back. (1/20/14)
qwk (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:20:50 PM

Okay, so it's going to be
and
for e37.

Yep, that's it.
Confirmed.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: