Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:14:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyetherWallet Security  (Read 1179 times)
bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 01:54:52 PM

In my opinion. I guess they are all important. Theyre safe tou use. It is trusted. Im using private key. So dont give away your private key, passwords. Keep it for yourself only. Keystone and metamask are also good for securing your account.
That's right, they are all important. It depends where you make computable to use, as long as you are the only one to know your private key. Be vigilant when you are using your wallet and keep your private key safety .
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:01:53 PM

What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
1, paper wallet - just print your privatekey and then keep your paper wallet on the safe place.
2, Metamask - that was adding more security layer to your wallet, I remember there is a lot of people are saying about they are never having any problem while using metamask to keep all of their amount.
3, Keystone - this should be the last due to the security measure is only pegged on your password.
And MEW also has a chrome extension actually, I've used it many times.
You can find it on their official website, don't trust other than that.
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:07:56 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
for now it's better you use Metamask and you can install the Metamask add-on in chrome, firefox and opera.
because I heard MyEtherWallet hard fork to MrCrypto, co-founder split and we should not underestimate this.
If you use the bookmark manager when you log in to your MyEtherWallet wallet and always go through your bookmark on the site, then the metamask does not need to be expanded for the browser. In this case, you can not make a mistake in the name of the site and go to a phishing fraud site. If we consider the question of how to safely open a purse - a secret key or Keystone File, then the preference should, of course, be given to Keystone File.

abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 02:15:26 PM

to keep the security of a myetherwallet I do not think hope to use a public network based internet.
so security can be maintained.
Agree , Public networks are prone in hacking especially if there is a crowd using the same network that you are using.  
Just use your own internet connection for the security of your own. I personally don't use public internets even when I am needing it. For the sake of my own coins. I can just buy load credits and convert it into our country's internet.
Expert3

Activity: 230
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 02:17:53 PM

Im choosing keystore file. Keystore is a file that could be downloaded on your PC BUT needs a password to be accessed which makes it more secure while Private key is just copying the code then paste. Whoever can get into the system of your PC if you are exposed on keylogger can log-in your account easily. Metamask is imported on your browser but I found it easy to access and less secure.
kimmali

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:12:35 PM

I prefer using the private key than the two. I think that it is more convenient than to connect my MEW to metamask or keystore file. I also feel safe that no one can enter my account when I use a private key to open it. Although the two ways are also good,It still depends on the user in which way he is comfortable.
Igorpap2

Activity: 238

BAANX - https://baanx.com

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:28:35 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
I choose Keystone File!  Grin Grin Grin
 Personally, I do this: 1) I add Myetherwallet to my browser tabs (I'm afraid of fishing)
2) I move Keystone Fillet to an empty USB flash drive
3) When I want to go into my wallet, I insert USB flash drive in my laptop...  Cool Cool Cool
Mr.Junker

Activity: 222
Merit: 250

Bitcoin ATOM FORK 1 BTC = 1 BCA

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:35:55 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Using 3 options above, using keystroke / Json File and private keys. If you want access via addons use metamask. What to watch for MEW is
1. Bookmark MyEtherWallet website
2. Do not share private keys
3. Do not store private keys, Json files etc in other emails. 4. Do not click on links that are not clearly emailed or website.

vKedax

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:49:23 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
I choose Keystone File!  Grin Grin Grin
 Personally, I do this: 1) I add Myetherwallet to my browser tabs (I'm afraid of fishing)
2) I move Keystone Fillet to an empty USB flash drive
3) When I want to go into my wallet, I insert USB flash drive in my laptop...  Cool Cool Cool
I use exactly the same method. I have several flash drives that are stored in a certain place. And before I go into the MEW, I check my computer for viruses

cryptokath19

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 03:58:19 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

The better for me is Private Key, its easy and fast to used But the important is never share a private key to someone else to avoid hacking, never click any site that you think is a phising site. To protect the private key, better to copy it on the safe way that your the only one can access to your account and must do to bookmark the site of myetherwallet. If you think that your not comfortable to used Private key, you can choose among the two its either Keystone File or Metamask
cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:01:16 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
Private keys,+ Json file and put your wallet into metamask browser this is how i protect my wallets to thee scammers,phishing sites and hackers.So far my holdings are safe for about a year now because they need to have my json key and private keys to get my coins from my myetherwallet.com

macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:05:36 PM

First I had opened my wallet in MEW directly,  because I thought that using MetaMask is complicated. After that I have decided to open a wallet and I can say that I like it. It is very simple to use. Therefore is my recommendation also Metamask.

cryptotycoon33

Activity: 248

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:06:41 PM

I have personally used the last two methods of logging in to my etherwallet;private key and metamask methods respectively. The metamask method to me is safer than the private key because the metamask method help reduce the use of private key. I have not used the first method;keystone file. Thanks
mautenisis

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:17:04 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
The best thing to do is to have a json file + private keys wallet then put your wallet into metamask for more added security.Metamask will protect your private keys from being compromised by any phishing sites,it is the most powerful extension that aims to indetity these phishing sites.It is recommended by myetherwallet.com to be use together with their wallet.

NOIZ
⇐ ● A decentralized cognitive ad network ● ⇒
○ ○ ○ ➀ WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTELEGRAMTWITTERFACEBOOK ○ ○ ○
eekkaa

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:21:50 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I prefer to login via Keystone File because from there you need json file to open your wallet and it is sure for the hackers will have trouble finding your file, so that can be safer to login in your MEW wallet.
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:29:16 PM

Mew itself will tell you that none of the option is save the safest is connecting hardware wallet to mew but if you can't afford to have an hardware wallet, do not expose your private key or click on a phishing mew site then you will be safe.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:31:25 PM

There is nothing safest than Ledger or Trezor wallet
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:35:50 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I think that Metamask is the safest way to access your wallet. Private key is the weakest option (you can input it at fishing site)

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Samkol26

Activity: 532

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
February 17, 2018, 04:38:47 PM

Keystore file is the safest because it is encrypted with your password and nobody can use it without knowing your password. That is why it's more safer than private key

Svelto

Activity: 686
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 17, 2018, 04:47:51 PM

I will choose keystore file to secure MEW from your options. However IMO, using a hardware wallet with MEW is the most secure way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: