Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 04:10:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MyetherWallet Security  (Read 1179 times)
nanik nasal

Activity: 283
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:30:35 AM

tips for keeping myetherwallet account safe:
1. Do not give the private key to someone else.
2. Do not store Private key or your wallet account information in google drive, dropbox or other online storage media.
3. Never insert a private key into a website other than MEW.
4. Always check authenticity MEW web address, it could be a web phishing that has a web look similar to mew.
5. Copy your Private Key to Multiple Flashdiscks in different locations, for example 1 flashdisck you keep at home, 1 again in the closet, 1 again in your house and place different places but still safe from the bad guys.
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:36:52 AM

I made a thread about this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3389925

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
pastelbasah

Activity: 114

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:03:53 PM

which I know when I'm in the world of crypto for the first time, I can use my private key to get into MEW. so far i do not know what is a keystone file and connect metamask. i want someone help explain to me about this problem.
Mofoblitz

Activity: 132

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:21:12 PM

Each and every of these listed methods are security measures that work, but if choosing how to guard your investment then you'd better settle for the best and in this case the best is through meta-mask. with meta mask you don't have to directly log into your account  hence reducing the chances of getting hacked. Meta mask provides an extra layer of security to your wallet helping hide your private details and making it impossible for hackers to obtain them,, Using Keystone file is just as effective, just that you still need the physical Password click ins to access your wallet. which exposes your wallet in the process.
KeithBeeCham

Activity: 252
Merit: 22

Marketplace for sensor data

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:23:37 PM

1 vote from me for Metamask. For now it seem like the safest way to access to your MEW while MEW DNS is being hacked and a lot of MEW users lost their token because of hacker.
If you still use your private key to access to your MEW, I think you should ready to see your wallet will empty very soon

boss@laway

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:31:57 PM

The user interface of MyEtherWallet is fairly simple in design and is easy enough for beginners to get to the hang of. Creating an account is quick and easy, and the user is reminded to save his or her keystore file before opening the wallet.
lutcor

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:36:06 PM

I will start with the fact that today there are no 100% safe systems and in general it is not good, but the person is not perfect, although from which side to look at it, because nature has very much tried to make us live today. Therefore, MEW can not be protected 100%
whyrqa

Activity: 1093
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 06:46:06 PM

I will start with the fact that today there are no 100% safe systems and in general it is not good, but the person is not perfect, although from which side to look at it, because nature has very much tried to make us live today. Therefore, MEW can not be protected 100%
in the first place problems with this etherium purse appear due to the user's inattention. But this is no longer the fault of the entire ethery of the wallet. Although safety must be taken care of all the time.

#business #forextrader #bitcoinnews #invest
WNbahr

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:24:35 PM

based on experience, open MEW more securely on the web and official websites. if you can recommend using Metamask because not every MEW is safe, as long as we are careful and always cautious with using good security in my opinion will avoid piracy
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2100
Merit: 100

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:21:49 PM

The best and safest way to login MyEtherWallet is to use Keystore File/Json file to login. Keystore file is very highly encrypted and its very hard to decrypt it requires password to decrypt and always check the url before putting any key and login through private key is  the most dangerous way to login MEW.

Moeda

Activity: 1530
Merit: 270

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:51:01 PM

What is the safest way to log MEW among of these?
    1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

I think using metamask is the safest way, because login with metamask does not keep our private key disturbed. Keystone File is also safe for us to enter in MEW, but it is possible to be deleted. It would be nice to backup all the data.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Fioraver

Activity: 472

Gamblica Pre-Sale launch 01.03.2018!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:55:41 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

The best think you can do is store the coins in a hardware wallet like Nano S.
About MEW, the best is Metamask, of course and the worst is private key.

Skroojee

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:09:11 PM

I think the safest way to use MEW is through Keystore / JSON file, or MetaMask / Mist. I really hope that very soon this wallet will make the most secure, although this wallet will still be a tidbit for hackers and scammers.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
MobaAnalog

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:30:30 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

private key. i usually use private key, thats doing for lone time. but the thing is you have to keep that private key is a safe place. if its stolen your funds will lost. print the paper and keep
kieuthikhanhlinh72

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:41:35 AM

While most of people recommend using Metamask , I always use Keystore File I am just comfortable using it .
Raiden0729

Activity: 137
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:58:26 AM

Logging in using keystore/json file is not a recommended action to access your MyEtherWallet,using json file is the same as entering your private key, if you want only to view your token balances and recent transaction use
ETH (https://etherscan.io)
Tokens (Ethplorer.io)

Use metamask and transfer all your balance in that browser extension. Here's how
https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/migration/moving-from-private-key-to-metamask.html. Logging in using metamask allows you to access your wallet quickly, safely & easily. It is more secure because you never enter your private key on a website. It protects you from phishing & malicious websites.

Also install MyEtherWallet to easily browse you eth Addresses.
siglesias

Activity: 173
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:04:24 AM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.
initially, I login to MEW using private key, to prevent things that are not desirable, i switch to using metamask. because this is the simplest and safest way to log in and use MEW, by integrating MEW with MetaMask with just one click; Connect to MetaMask

[ OOOBTC.com ] ● Crypto Trading Is Now Rewarding
▬▬ ● ● Daily incentives, Awesome bonuses, Incredible support ● ● ▬▬
https://www.ooobtc.com
hyunee

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:55:54 PM

1.Keystone File
    2.Private Key
    3.Connecting Metamask.

Whatever key you are using is it really need for you to be careful enough not to misplace and put your key on somewhere else. Never give it to anyone as it is your life. All the coins you have invested are all there. You have to be careful at all times as there are scammers everywhere.
Cryptocb

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:54:57 PM

The MyetherWallet private key are only generate once, and it can not be change after it has been created private key login, and that is more reason why it most been saved at a good place.

Nagrogflaz

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:59:12 PM

if we use myetherwallet to store eth we should we avoid the use of passkey directly because it could be known by others if we get the phishing so better use metamask to go to mew

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: