Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 10:03:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Physical Bitcoin: This Represents a New Standard Folks  (Read 7188 times)
manoamano

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:24:29 PM

Why place an English face on the coin. That sort gives off the impression that the English are responsible for the creation of BTC.
Hmm?

Who do you want to put? An American? Cheesy
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:20:51 PM

i dont really understand how it is related to digital money Huh
These are coins backed by bitcoins. A little like silver certificates are dollars backed by physical silver.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 05:10:40 PM

Just got a pic of their next coin that will be minted too:

I don't know what the tails side will look like.

Very attractive coin.

PrincessTrouble

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 06:55:00 PM

When will these (the first coin) be available?
BTCINVESTOR (OP)

Activity: 176
Merit: 101

Cryptographic money will be the bedrock in time.

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:41:53 PM

Just added a schematic of the security of the coin to the first post...;^*

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
BTCINVESTOR (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:58:32 PM

When will these (the first coin) be available?

Looks like the first ones will ship sometime in November, first come first serve. I may be able to hook a few of you up for pre-orders.

Math based currencies will supplant all sovereign currencies over time. Buy them now.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:58:51 PM

Why place an English face on the coin. That sort gives off the impression that the English are responsible for the creation of BTC.
Hmm?

Who do you want to put? An American? Cheesy

No one. Satoshi has yet to be discovered so why associate BTC with anyone else?
AU

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 09:17:34 PM

incredible! i just need one

Razer Blade 14" for sale
BTC: 1E1QQDq8keR9uVykmxSzo7CUYrWtQ6J9M8
BTCINVESTOR (OP)

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:43:22 AM

Looks like they will be taking pre-orders very soon. I'm excited to get mine.

BTCINVESTOR (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:57:39 PM

I know some people have expressed concern that some mints are being shut down in that they have not been registered with FinCEN.

Alitin Mint is a registered money transmitter with FinCEN and is also licensed in the State of Missouri. I believe they are doing everything above board.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 08:02:48 PM

Goat and I want our coins!  We want coins!  We want coins!!!  Wink

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Waramp22

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:29:54 PM

These are coins backed by bitcoins. A little like silver certificates are dollars backed by physical silver.

What happens when one bitcoin is worth double the amount of that coin?

I can make them myself and collect the profit?

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 10:08:55 PM

One bitcoin (about $1000) is already worth more than the silver (2 oz, about $40) in the coin.  You can make your own coins now if you are so inclined.  What the heck are you going on about?

The coins cost 2 BTC + a premium for the silver and profit to the creators.

Story:

Back in the day someone bought a one ounce gold coin with 1000 BTC pasted on it with a sticker.  IIRC at that time the value of the gold and the value of the 1000 BTC were about the same.  Now look at it!  The value of the gold has gone down and the 1000 BTC is now worth about one million dollars (give or take a few $100,000)!

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
BTCINVESTOR (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:22:17 PM

Realize too that this is an art piece. JBA has pieces in high-end galleries and on display in museums. It is a limited edition of only 600, hand signed and numbered by the artist himself. I don't care whether its the art world, numismatic world, or the crypto-currency world, that is an extremely small edition! I suspect that these could be considered to be the "Honus Wagner" of physical bitcoins someday.

And for those that have difficulty with trusting a coin maker that is new or unknown, I know JBA personally and he would NEVER risk his reputation on coins that could be tainted or participate in any type of scam. He is a wealthy man already and has no need for any of that. This is going to prove to be a very rare opportunity for those that are able to obtain these coins.

Waramp22

Activity: 321

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:17:29 AM

One bitcoin (about $1000) is already worth more than the silver (2 oz, about $40) in the coin.  You can make your own coins now if you are so inclined.  What the heck are you going on about?

The coins cost 2 BTC + a premium for the silver and profit to the creators.

Story:

Back in the day someone bought a one ounce gold coin with 1000 BTC pasted on it with a sticker.  IIRC at that time the value of the gold and the value of the 1000 BTC were about the same.  Now look at it!  The value of the gold has gone down and the 1000 BTC is now worth about one million dollars (give or take a few $100,000)!

What i am going on about, is the fact that you are saying this is backed by BTC. It is not. If it is an art piece, go for it. Sell the 600 to people that want a piece of history, but don't expect to be spending these at walmart a couple years down the road.

I'm worried a scammer is going to make 100,000 coins and sell them on amazon and ebay to people expecting them to be "that new bitcoin that everyones been talking about"

Fast forward 5 years and we have mini federal reserves printing physical bitcoin out of thin air.

Edit: Just decyphered the hand writing on the pic and realized they have a private key to redeem the actual bitcoin. That i am okay with, because someone cant just print 200 of them out of thin air.

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
DrahogErusiel

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Account was hacked and now reclaimed.

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:42:13 AM

Any idea what the pricing for said coins will be?

3BTC

Thread about account being hacked and reclaimed on 7-30-16
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1570173.new#new
BTCINVESTOR (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 01:58:30 AM

www.alitinmint.com

geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:29:42 AM

Any idea what the pricing for said coins will be?

3BTC

2.903btc for a 2btc coin if i'm not mistaken

so markup isn't incredibly off casascius's, plus this one seems to cost more to produce.

i might buy one. still waiting to see other people's reactions to it first.
BurtW
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 07:15:22 AM

Edit: Just decyphered the hand writing on the pic and realized they have a private key to redeem the actual bitcoin. That i am okay with, because someone cant just print 200 of them out of thin air.

Ah, I see why you were concerned.  If it does not have actual BTC engraved on it then yes, it would be a total sham.  Luckily each coin comes with 2 BTC of value engraved right on it so it can never be worth less than 2 BTC.  Given that, the 3 (or so) BTC price seems reasonable to me.

Astro

Activity: 284

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 07:52:16 AM

I know some people have expressed concern that some mints are being shut down in that they have not been registered with FinCEN.

Alitin Mint is a registered money transmitter with FinCEN and is also licensed in the State of Missouri. I believe they are doing everything above board.

Can you provide more info on the details of their MSB registration?  I can not find them in the database by name or location.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: